Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Linda Evangelista sues for 50M over disfiguring cosmetic procedure

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Update: 
Supermodel Linda Evangelista filed a lawsuit alleging that a fat-freezing procedure left her permanently disfigured and ruined her career.
The lawsuit said Evangelista underwent seven treatments with Zeltiq's CoolSculpting between August 2015 and February 2016
She is seeking $50 million in damages.
source

Supermodel Linda Evangelista Claims She’s “Permanently Deformed” After Cosmetic Procedure

Linda Evangelista was one of the most famous and in-demand supermodels of the 1990s. She says she has developed paradoxical adipose hyperplasia, a rare adverse effect of a popular body slimming procedure: "I have been left, as the media has described, 'unrecognizable.'"

She claimed that Zeltiq’s CoolSculpting procedure instead of reducing fat, increased fat cells and left her permanently deformed even after undergoing two painful, unsuccessful, corrective surgeries.  
Linda Evangelista went on to say that she developed what is called paradoxical adipose hyperplasia, commonly referred to as PAH and said to be a side effect of the fat-freezing procedure. 
source

Linda Evangelista's IG post ↓
242631178-445556003467967-59357959516480

https://www.instagram.com/lindaevangelista/

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Blastertoyo

You’re perfect 

you’re beautiful 

you don’t look like Linda evangelista 

:bradley:

(but definitely still perfect and beautiful)

please enlighten me to death

Happy for her for speaking up.

Sad that it had to turned this way for her though. OG 90s Supermodels are THE Supermodels.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LastNight

Oh that's horrible! What a dreadful side-effect, and even worse so because god-knows the media will simultaneously drag her for "losing" her looks whilst also shaming her for trying to maintain them. I don't envy anyone in the public eye. Even though we revere it so much in our culture, I think it's a dreadful way to live (psychologically speaking, of course it usually means financial stability and material wealth which is obviously a very privileged way to live.)

In a way I kind of pity celebrities whose work and success is built on the way they look, because at some point those looks will fade. Most regular people fear getting older; aging publicly when so much of your identity and your income is tied to your physical appearance must be a mind-f***, and is quite brave in a world that puts SO much value on external beauty. But hopefully we'll get to a place in our culture where we don't put so much stock in appearance and/or our beauty standards change. Maybe Linda will play a small part in that by sharing this story and hopefully gaining the confidence to start living her life fully again.

It's so sad that a woman this beautiful would ever think she is not; or that a woman thinks that her beauty is what make her worthy to the point of not wanting to go outside. I really hope that the wrongs she suffered are righted and that she can be able to live her life at the fullest.

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

That's awful but every cosmetic procedure has its risks, definitely the clinic's fault for not telling her but PAH is a extremely rare side effect (an incidence of 0.0051%, according to what I read), so I can understand why the clinic passed by it 

Linda Evangelista was one of the original 1990s supermodels and, alongside Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell, dominated the catwalk and fashion magazine covers in the 80s and 90s. However, she says she is “permanently deformed” after a non-surgical cosmetic surgery gone wrong.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUJZa40tWXC/?utm_medium=copy_link

In a post on Instagram, Evangelista said after having a procedure known as “CoolSculpting” (which involves “freezing” fat on the body and is similar to body conturing) she developed complications which have resulted in a radical change in her appearance.

“I have developed Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia … (it) has not only destroyed my livelihood, it has sent me into a cycle of deep depression, profound sadness and the lowest depths of self-loathing. In the process, I have become a recluse.”

The model says that she has kept to herself for five years. “I have been left, as the media has described it, ‘unrecognisable’.”

Evangelista’s post mentioned a lawsuit and she said she intended to move “forward to rid myself of my shame.”

JusKeepBreathin

OMG...I love her. I hope she can find her happiness again.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Argentum

Damn i was kinda thinking of CoolScuplting on my chin before, purely for insecurity reasons...

All the videos online made it look like super safe and painless.

Guess don't trust everything you read online...

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016

• Teletubby changed the title to Linda Evangelista sues for 50M over disfiguring cosmetic procedure

Archived