Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Lana Del Rey in bitter row with Lorde

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Lana Del Rey has become embroiled in a bitter row with Lorde.

Lana has called out Lorde for ‘copying’ 2 of her songs.

The American musician has reportedly claimed that Lorde used her melodies in her new music and Lorde has reportedly agreed with the claims.

Despite this, she is refusing to go public with the statement - prompting an even bigger fall-out between the two pop singers.

The disagreement between Lana and Lorde has been ‘bubbling for a while’, according to an insider.
“A lot of Lana’s fans had flagged one of Lorde’s new songs “Stoned At the Nail Salon” online saying the melody mimicked two of her tracks – Wild At Heart and Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have,” a source said. 

Following the scandal, Lana’s team took action and got an ‘expert’ involved.  After the similarities were laid bare in front of Lorde’s team, they reportedly offered Lana Del Rey a percentage of the publishing rights to keep things sweet between the two musicians.
“Lana’s team agreed and after an expert got involved and some discussions were thrashed out between everyone involved, Lorde’s people came back and offered Lana a percentage of the publishing rights to the song,” the source added.

Despite the money offer, Lana is reportedly not interested.

Lana Del Rey simply wants Lorde to acknowledge her mistakes publically.
If that doesn’t happen, the source has claimed that the only other route to go down is for Lana to take legal action and sue her fellow music-maker.

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ororo Munroe

Damn, tough one, because Stones sounds exactly like Wild At Heart. But on the other hand, Jack worked on both tracks, so maybe he played part in this situation too. 

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

alsemanche

I mean I get why Lana would want that but at the same time I don't think it's THAT big of a deal because Stoned only sounds like Lana songs for a small portion of the track. And I highly doubt Lorde consciously stole the melody on purpose. I find it weird that Lana wants a public acknowledgment when she herself has become so secluded from the public eye and fully deactivated her socials recently so idk if she'd even want something like that to be put under public scrutiny, fully knowing Lorde stans (the hardcore ones at least) will drag her regardless of whether she's right or wrong.  I hope it doesn't go to court though, because that will be a mess.

Also, and I'm not discrediting any of the artists here, but I think they should take into consideration that Jack Antonoff worked on the song too and that that could have played a role in the melodies something similar. 

Do we know when each song was written btw? Because it could be that Lorde wrote Stoned before Lana's songs and that Lana "copied" her (through Jack maybe?) :air: Just a theory, it probably isn't true at all. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Lana is in the right here. I‘m glad shes standing up for herself 

ArtRave 03.10.2014 Hamburg / JWT 24.01.2018 Hamburg

GAGASLAYME

someone's jealous :teehee:

eventually melodies will just be melodies and artists are gonna have to have more punch with what they're trying to sing other than how they sing it

*cough* lordereleaseslessoftenandhasntfullycancelled/postponedmultiplealbumsand/orputoutseveralalbumswithinthespanof2yearswhichmakesherworkmoreofabodyofworkakaqualitypverquantity

*insert Twelve Notes(Dialogue)*

add me@SC:pandas-rule37 IG@dallus_joshua.art

Ororo Munroe
2 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

I mean I get why Lana would want that but at the same time I don't think it's THAT big of a deal because Stoned only sounds like Lana songs for a small portion of the track. And I highly doubt Lorde consciously stole the melody on purpose. I find it weird that Lana wants a public acknowledgment when she herself has become so secluded from the public eye and fully deactivated her socials recently so idk if she'd even want something like that to be put under public scrutiny, fully knowing Lorde stans (the hardcore ones at least) will drag her regardless of whether she's right or wrong.  I hope it doesn't go to court though, because that will be a mess.

Another Olivia Rodrigo situation is coming… 

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

Should make her take it off streaming platforms to protect the ears of any future individuals who might stumble upon it :neyde:

js4754394o9823

it was made by the same producer

so i don't think that's a real thing

but who knowssss

so much fake news and misinformation

no wonder why neither of them use social media

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

BleepBloop
19 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Lana Del Rey simply wants Lorde to acknowledge her mistakes publically.

I'm sorry but this sounds so low of her (if true). What will she gain from Lorde talking about this publicly? 

Lana wants retribution after Lorde talked bad about her in 2013 lmao.

Lorde said, “I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: ‘I’m nothing without you.’ This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear.” and [about Born to Die] “What really got me is this ridiculous, unrelatable, unattainable opulence that runs throughout."

“Lana Del Rey has favourited a tweet containing a picture of a bracelet made of pins captioned, "I bought this for you @lordemusic." 💀

https://www.gigwise.com/news/88597/

beaublue

Yeah I’m gonna go out on a limb here & say this is false 🤣 why would Lana not take the percentage when that means she’d be credited on the song for her contribution? That in itself would satisfy wanting acknowledgement so either this isnt real or it’s being blown out of proportion.

If i were Lana I would also be pressed that so many other artists went through the door she opened and even copied her style, only to receive much more commercial success and critical acclaim and awards than Lana herself

alsemanche
Just now, lestyoufall said:

Yeah I’m gonna go out on a limb here & say this is false 🤣 why would Lana not take the percentage when that means she’d be credited on the song for her contribution? That in itself would satisfy wanting acknowledgement so I really think this is blown out of proportion.

Yeah tbh, it's all "insider" talk anyway. Even the article says a "source" has spoken about this to... The Sun :toofunny: Unless we get confirmation from credible insiders or from the artists themselves, I would take it with a HUGE grain of salt

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived