💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are we overlooking Tony’s star power?

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

Dr Fudge

I know there’s been a lot of worry about Taylor and Drake eclipsing Love For Sale’s first week sales, but I honestly still believe it can go number 1. Don’t @ me with “chart performance doesn’t matter”, because, while I agree it doesn’t depreciate the quality of music, I still want to see the album go number 1 as a final closure to Tony’s legacy.

Now with that being said, in 2011 Tony release his Duets II album bowing at number 1 with 179,000 units sold. Of course with Cheek to Cheek they went number 1 as well with 131,000 units during undeniably Gaga’s biggest dip in her career. Gaga went on to sell 201k with Joanne, 231k with ASIB, and 274k with Chromatica during each respective album’s first week sales. So why can’t they do these numbers again? 

I know the streaming era has changed the game, but dammit I really believe that Love for Sale can beat out non-first week sales of Drake and Taylor. We need to stream/buy like hell as a fanbase and I know that Tony’s fanbase is going to come in clutch too.

Guys, we can do this!!!!!!

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
js4754394o9823
Just now, bionic said:

If Lil Nas X can't do it, Gaga/Tony definitely can't.

but he didn't have any cds, vinyls and cassettes

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Justin Drew Bieber

I hope we can go #1, but it’s going to be a battle. As long as it goes Top 5 I’m okay with it, but I still want to fight for the #1. I hope Gaga also sells thousands of signed cd’s.

Dr Fudge

But Lil Nas X is still starting out. He doesn’t have 13 years in the industry like Gaga or decades like Tony. They’re legends at different parts of their established careers.

It's literally impossible. They haven't planned any special TV event for the first week so I think not even their teams seem to think they will have a great first week. 

Well his duets album without lady gaga post 2015 with a lady whom I forgot her name did quite bad so let’s hope for the best 

Dr Fudge
2 minutes ago, DanielM said:

It's literally impossible. They haven't planned any special TV event for the first week so I think not even their teams seem to think they will have a great first week. 

I can’t hang up my hope on this. Kanye did promotion after promotion after promotion for Donda only to have its first week sales eclipsed by CLB with minimal promotion at all. Lil Nas X promoted Montero heavily and ended up with 120k projected sales or so. Even Chromatica didn’t have heavy promotion and still pulled 274k in its first week. I know it’s up in the air, but I’m keeping the faith that Gaga and Tony can do this.

MessyTop
19 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

I know there’s been a lot of worry about Taylor and Drake eclipsing Love For Sale’s first week sales, but I honestly still believe it can go number 1. Don’t @ me with “chart performance doesn’t matter”, because, while I agree it doesn’t depreciate the quality of music, I still want to see the album go number 1 as a final closure to Tony’s legacy.

Now with that being said, in 2011 Tony release his Duets II album bowing at number 1 with 179,000 units sold. Of course with Cheek to Cheek they went number 1 as well with 131,000 units during undeniably Gaga’s biggest dip in her career. Gaga went on to sell 201k with Joanne, 231k with ASIB, and 274k with Chromatica during each respective album’s first week sales. So why can’t they do these numbers again? 

I know the streaming era has changed the game, but dammit I really believe that Love for Sale can beat out non-first week sales of Drake and Taylor. We need to stream/buy like hell as a fanbase and I know that Tony’s fanbase is going to come in clutch too.

Guys, we can do this!!!!!!

Is not about star power. Tony is a legend. Is about marketing and promo. There’s so much new music coming out, signed CDs etc, the album won’t sell to be on the top 1-2 but it will be a top 5 album. And that great, is about quality. 

Economy

I wouldnt expect the same hype as last time because a Gaga and Tony album was unorthodox and unexpected...

A young accentric artist with a classical legend really got attention

But now that its the second time they are doing it its not as shocking or attention worthy

Im sure the album will do very well for a jazz album, Im sure it wont flop, but im not expecting C2C numbers either

Stupid Oreo

my parents are like walking fossils but they don’t know who he is so i doubt we will get a #1:poot:

but i don’t care because that isn’t what music (ESPECIALLY THIS ALBUM) is abouttttttttt :awkney:

watch y’all turn into bts :ladyhaha:

Mother of Puppies
31 minutes ago, bionic said:

If Lil Nas X can't do it, Gaga/Tony definitely can't.

EDIT: Based on current projections

I didn't even know who he was until very recently... nobody of my family/friends etc. knows him, but EVERYONE knows Gaga (and some know Tony) :vegas:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

The people who loved C2C have been waiting for this album.  The fact that C2C went #1 is an indication that many people liked the album.  I think it has a chance at #1.

I live outside the space time continuum.

3 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I didn't even know who he was until very recently... nobody of my family/friends etc. knows him, but EVERYONE knows Gaga (and some know Tony) :vegas:

Same.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived