Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are we overlooking Tony’s star power?

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

TortureMeOnReplay
22 hours ago, DanielM said:

It's literally impossible. They haven't planned any special TV event for the first week so I think not even their teams seem to think they will have a great first week. 

What about marketing for the tv specials? Are they being marketed? It might pique some interest. 

22 hours ago, FudgeyBear said:

I can’t hang up my hope on this. Kanye did promotion after promotion after promotion for Donda only to have its first week sales eclipsed by CLB with minimal promotion at all. Lil Nas X promoted Montero heavily and ended up with 120k projected sales or so. Even Chromatica didn’t have heavy promotion and still pulled 274k in its first week. I know it’s up in the air, but I’m keeping the faith that Gaga and Tony can do this.

Chromatica had a bunch of promotion. Interviews, 2 MVs, 3 big features, the hype from the delay, billboards, trucks. 

20 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

honestly y'all might have more to worry about than Fearless, miss swift might be surprise releasing 1989:bon:

I find it kind of funny she always wants to come from a good place about treating artists right but she wouldn't even move her release or her vinyl shipments out of respect (although release is speculated so I will hold my judgement until the day comes). 

25 minutes ago, Wet Fire said:

But it's not being marketed as Tony's last album. I mean it is an emotional finish to his legendary career. But I don't see the promo being spiked up by the labels. 

Would it be in poor taste if it was marketed as such? Tony possibly doesn't even want to capitalize or publicize his health this way. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wet Fire
45 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Would it be in poor taste if it was marketed as such? Tony possibly doesn't even want to capitalize or publicize his health this way. 

Yeah it will be cheap to market the album such tbh. They'd have planned quite a few live shows and award show performances if Tony was healthier. They did a lot of promo back in 2014 after all.

monketsharona

I may be wrong but all Tony Bennett albums after CTC quite underperformed in numbers. 

And 2014 was a totally different world with HUGE promo, the project was totally brand new for both Tony and Gaga, and a big part of Gaga's fanbase was fully supportive and curious about the CTC. And with all of this Barbra Streisand almost snatched the #1 spot, sooooo... 

Looking at the numbers from the first two songs I would not be too positive about chart performances this time. I may be wrong once again though. 

Taylucifer
1 hour ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

I find it kind of funny she always wants to come from a good place about treating artists right but she wouldn't even move her release or her vinyl shipments out of respect (although release is speculated so I will hold my judgement until the day comes). 

idk how those are really connected:awkney: also Taylor doesn't seem to have a strong relationship with Gaga or Tony which would motivate her to move her shipping date which has been scheduled before L4S release date was announced 

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

23 hours ago, Economy said:

Its the same 2 stars in question as C2C but last time it raised eyebrows this time it wont. So same set of factors as last time minus 1 favourable factor :shrug:

I look at it differently.  C2C is what will sell L4S.  C2C raised eyebrows for L4S because people learned Gaga and Tony slay together.  Imo there is a lot of pent-up demand for L4S.  The moment it was said there would be a Cole Porter album I couldn't wait.  I know many people have been waiting.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Economy
56 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I look at it differently.  C2C is what will sell L4S.  C2C raised eyebrows for L4S because people learned Gaga and Tony slay together.  Imo there is a lot of pent-up demand for L4S.  The moment it was said there would be a Cole Porter album I couldn't wait.  I know many people have been waiting.

Lets hope your right

I just feel like in 2014 Crazyga who was seen as an extreme young version of Madonna teaming up with an old classical artist was just totally unexpected and got a lot of attention

Id imagine it wont shock ppl this time cuz Gaga has already shown her classical sides so its not as unexpected

But hopefully this pent up demand u speak of can offset it :enigma:

Archived