💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Squid Game (may contain spoilers)

InTheCloset

Featured Posts

Despite its gori-ness, i like the colorful childish sets! Nostalgic, especially for Koreans, bec of the kid games they used to play. Brilliant cast. The storyline, is okay. Execution, as others already said, is well done. Season 2? I would say unnecessary but that ending definitely gave that possibility. The twist was cool :golfclap:

Hunger Games meet Black Mirror

I also remembered Alice in Borderland.. I would say they have different wonderful executions, but this is more easy to understand.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flippy

I just binge-watched the whole series! It was good! 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

chromatic puzea

just finished the show now and i am a mess

episode 6 made me cry more than any tv show moment ever
i had to grab a roll of toilet paper because i was sobbing so much

Spoiler

i was rooting for sae byeok and i was devastated when she died
i know she isn't the protagonist but i couldn't fathom the idea of her not winning

i debated finishing the finale about half way through and i kinda wish i did
it gave some minor closure but there was so much left untouched and opened up even more

overall loved the show though

very well done especially episodes 1-7

I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT 

It's now on its way to become Netflix Global's biggest show ever  :giveup: Surpassing..Bridgerton, Lupin, The Witcher, Sex/Life, Stranger Things, Money Heist... :udidnt:

the last episode was kinda dissapointing to me. but overall it's a really great series and definetly one of my favorite korean series. they better make season 2

InTheCloset
On 9/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, julz said:

Despite its gori-ness, i like the colorful childish sets! Nostalgic, especially for Koreans, bec of the kid games they used to play. Brilliant cast. The storyline, is okay. Execution, as others already said, is well done. Season 2? I would say unnecessary but that ending definitely gave that possibility. The twist was cool :golfclap:

Hunger Games meet Black Mirror

I also remembered Alice in Borderland.. I would say they have different wonderful executions, but this is more easy to understand.

i watched alice after watching squid game. and i didnt like alice. first off the plot wasnt that good despite the similarity with squid game. then the acting at times felt weak. in episode 3 i didnt like just how quickly the friends turned on each others and then they got all emotional, like they could have been under more pressure to turn on each other. then the finale felt very dragged and long. it was like the creators were trying to stretch the episode for a certain time limit. and i also didnt like how their fate is left for season 2. in squid game they left the possibility for season 2 open but gave a proper ending that in case a season 2 isnt made the first doesnt feel unfinished

The abyss stares back

1 minute ago, InTheCloset said:

i watched alice after watching squid game. and i didnt like alice. first off the plot wasnt that good despite the similarity with squid game. then the acting at times felt weak. in episode 3 i didnt like just how quickly the friends turned on each others and then they got all emotional, like they could have been under more pressure to turn on each other. then the finale felt very dragged and long. it was like the creators were trying to stretch the episode for a certain time limit. and i also didnt like how their fate is left for season 2. in squid game they left the possibility for season 2 open but gave a proper ending that in case a season 2 isnt made the first doesnt feel unfinished

Seems you are watching this with Western standard of cinema which is wrong approach, I fear.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

InTheCloset
3 hours ago, chromatic puzea said:

just finished the show now and i am a mess

episode 6 made me cry more than any tv show moment ever
i had to grab a roll of toilet paper because i was sobbing so much

Reveal hidden contents

i was rooting for sae byeok and i was devastated when she died
i know she isn't the protagonist but i couldn't fathom the idea of her not winning

i debated finishing the finale about half way through and i kinda wish i did
it gave some minor closure but there was so much left untouched and opened up even more

overall loved the show though

very well done especially episodes 1-7

i cried so much. i had never cried like that before. i couldnt stop the excessive tears and runny nose and i kept crying. i was rooting for sae byeok too. throughout episode 6 i was hoping for some miracle and them getting away and living on jeju island drinking mojitos:messga:

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset
Just now, RAMROD said:

Seems you are watching this with Western standard of cinema which is wrong approach, I fear.

i guess so. also because squid game was the first korean show i had ever seen so i was subconsciously comparing everything to it. i also think its because squid game had a bigger budget and that showed in the show, set, dialogues and everything else too. after watching i went on twitter and they were doing huge promos for it in korea. characters from set were put in different public places and playgrounds, and subway stations and parking lots had posters all over (very btw reminiscent) , there were interactive places with the show's setup and billboards everywhere.

i will now definitely more asian shows after squid and alice

The abyss stares back

I really like that many people relate to it because of the children games they have incorporated. Though i think some may not apply to other nations, it feels nostalgic. 

The last episode was fine and right, but they could have done better.

Happy Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

This.. :(

;)

InTheCloset
35 minutes ago, julz said:

I really like that many people relate to it because of the children games they have incorporated. Though i think some may not apply to other nations, it feels nostalgic. 

The last episode was fine and right, but they could have done better.

Happy Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

This.. :(

;)

the final game ended too soon. 

The abyss stares back

tomsches

I finished it on Saturday. Definitely one of the best shows I’ve seen in a while. All characters were interesting and had good storylines. The storylines weren’t dragged but the characters were given sufficient airtime to end their story Arks in a satisfactory way. 
i couldn’t watch more than 2 episodes at once though cause it’s so depressing. Especially the scene we’re the big fight breaks out. I had smoked some weed before watching that episode and it was not a good experience 😅

im torn because I don’t want this show to have an unnecessary second season and I kind of want this season to stand on its own but on the other hand I’m sad that it’s over. 

Karen Smith

I hated this old man since the moment I saw him, I knew he's important and bad. When he started to scream that he's scared during this fighting night, the pink people came immediately and put him on the highest level of the room. They switched on the lights also. After we didn't see his death, I realized he's still alive. 

It's one of the best dramas I've seen. Alice in borderland and this one and kill me heal me. Watch kill me heal me if you wanna cry sad tears 

Archived