Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Squid Game (may contain spoilers)

InTheCloset

Featured Posts

InTheCloset

so i just stated watching squid game and it is so good. its the first korean series im watching. i still have to watch the finale so please no finale spoilers. but its so good.

250px-Squid_Game.jpg

and i have the biggest crush on these characters :

Lee Yoo-mi she plays Ji-yeong

E_q7OJvVEAAq9Yv.jpg

HoYeon Jung she plays Kang Sae-byeok (i was rooting for her:messga:)

E_lwMpZWEA0IxW-.jpg

and finally

Wi Ha-joon he plays Joon-ho:lolly:

Wi_Ha-Joon-1991-p1.jpg

episode 6 was so heartwrenching. in my mind that episode did not happen and and sae and ji are in jeju island having a happy life. 

i created this thread to discuss this series and other korean series you all like. its the first korean show i have ever watched and i am stunned. its so good. will update after i have seen the finale. 

The abyss stares back

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tomsches

I just watched the first episode. The premise has been done before but I still liked it and will keep watching. 

InTheCloset
45 minutes ago, tomsches said:

I just watched the first episode. The premise has been done before but I still liked it and will keep watching. 

the premise is old but the execution is really good. the ending for me was mixed. it felt anticlimactic but right

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset
16 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

Just started watching it, giving me Battle Royale vibes. 

what episode r u on? the 6th one will break you so much. i cried. actual cried covering my face with tears rolling down my face type of cried. though i am a bit touch these days its still just so much:bradley:

The abyss stares back

I love this series!

I cringed at those VIPs like :bear:

Easily 9/10!

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

This was intense in any way possible

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Is it similar to Alice in Borderland?

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

InTheCloset
26 minutes ago, Replay said:

I love this series!

Easily 9/10!

i loved it too. and the concept isnt new like elites and hunting games kind of stuff. but it was very well done. the ending felt a bit... something was missing but it was suitable. 

and the cast is so hotttt like dayummmmmm. when the dude was slapping the other one lord knows i was having dirty thoughts. imagine doing that to him:lolly:

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset
50 minutes ago, Replay said:

when joon-ho held the fat vip's hand. why wasnt it mine?:messga:

but their accents were kind of bad. and no woman vip. sexist

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset
26 minutes ago, vpez said:

Is it similar to Alice in Borderland?

i dont know about that. but the plot is a game played by poor people in which if you are eliminated you are killed. and rich folks paying for it. the theme isnt new but it is very well done

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset
47 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

This was intense in any way possible

i know. the episode 6 was a tearjerker. i cried so much. i have never ever before cried this much. in my mind that episode never happened and sae byeok and ji are on the jeju island having mojitos:messga:.

but like seriously it was too much. specially when she says it was an honor that they were partners.

E_0jL6SUUAQiTHe?format=jpg&name=large

i am never emotionally recovering from this. never

E_zFbiUUcAUM_ch?format=jpg&name=large

E_zFcxwVUA8FXUG?format=jpg&name=large

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset

i also really liked how they used children's games and bright colorful imagery to highlight issues in our society and capitalism. 

the players are told that it is a fair world inside the game but in reality it is just like the outside world, poor being entertainment while the elites enjoy their plight. and how they claim to give the players a fair chance but nothing is fair. it all is under the elite's control. 

another thing i liked was how they highlighted the way women are treated in most cultures n societies, they are either sex objects or nothing. like no one wanted women on their teams because of them being weak.

The abyss stares back

16 hours ago, InTheCloset said:

i dont know about that. but the plot is a game played by poor people in which if you are eliminated you are killed. and rich folks paying for it. the theme isnt new but it is very well done

Yes that sounds pretty similar, thank you.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

InTheCloset
46 minutes ago, vpez said:

Yes that sounds pretty similar, thank you.

Now i’ll watch alice in the wonderland next weekend 

The abyss stares back

Archived