💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lil Nas X to debut at #2 w/ 120k (prediction)

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

nodandsmile
1 hour ago, IllusionLover said:

I'm worried too but I think Taylor is gonna get that #1 for the fearless vinyls. Also there's still two weeks left so maybe his streams will go down by then.

We also have this in our favor, I think locals would grow out of his album by the next weeks.

yeah I don't see him having longevity

hype was real before he put it out but the nicest thing I've seen people say about it is that it's okay 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whoresup
4 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

no cds

no vinyls

no cassettes 

Why did they do this? Surely they knew it would cost them the number 1? 

StarstruckIllusion

130k is kinda… I expected at least 200k. Maybe bc he’s not dropping it off the heat of a hit song. But idk hopefully TWIW serves longevity. Dua snapped and never went #1 so

BornAsUnic0rn
7 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

people saying he put “so much work” into the release but… no physicals isn’t really that much work

wait? what exactly are you trying to say? 

gypsy101
1 hour ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

wait? what exactly are you trying to say? 

he should have physicals available

i guess it’s more his label’s fault. like CMBYN came out 7 months ago and the album leaked in full 2 months ago, how did they not get any physical copies out?

La Rosalia
22 hours ago, whoresup said:

Why did they do this? Surely they knew it would cost them the number 1? 

Due to COVID there’s been a long bottle neck for physical production (hence why we’ll get the Dawn of Chromatica vinyl on March, that’s the reason Doja didn’t release any physical’s either).

On a regular week this number would have been enough for Lil Nas to snatch the #1, my guess is that his label (Sony) didn’t know/take into account Drake’s (Universal) release before setting the date.

PropaGaga
11 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

he should have physicals available

i guess it’s more his label’s fault. like CMBYN came out 7 months ago and the album leaked in full 2 months ago, how did they not get any physical copies out?

Physicals aren't really a priority for labels when it comes to artists that are big on streaming, particularly when it comes to hip-hop artists. Cardi's debut didn't have any physicals until a year after release and it was only vinyl. Doja's Hot Pink only had a CD release in Japan and the vinyl came months after, while Planet Her only had 5k CDs made for the US only and no vinyl yet due to the production delays and shortage in supply. It's not really surprising that LNX doesn't have anything right away.

13 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Physicals aren't really a priority for labels when it comes to artists that are big on streaming, particularly when it comes to hip-hop artists. Cardi's debut didn't have any physicals until a year after release and it was only vinyl. Doja's Hot Pink only had a CD release in Japan and the vinyl came months after, while Planet Her only had 5k CDs made for the US only and no vinyl yet due to the production delays and shortage in supply. It's not really surprising that LNX doesn't have anything right away.

I get that there is production delays for vinyls right now but I don't see any reason why hip-hop artists do not release physical cds on their debut weeks. 

All these stunts and he is debuting with those numberS? I mean it is pretty good but his label really pushed his record and gave him a good promo budget and roll out. Oh well. Perhaps it will have longevity instead of a big debut like Doja's Planet Her and Dua's Future Nostalgia. We shall see.

TortureMeOnReplay
7 hours ago, jimmytimestep said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the budget that would have been put into physicals was funnelled into the visuals for the era. I mean, the amount of content he has released so far has been staggering. 

If anything, it's still a smash. He's now firmly cemented as a pop culture icon, and that is what will bring in the real money/numbers over the long run.

It would absolutely shock me if there wasn't an amendment to his budgets after the success of his EP singles and then possibly even his album singles. Dude is sitting on 3 #1s before releasing a LP. There has to be another reason. 

1 hour ago, La Rosalia said:

Due to COVID there’s been a long bottle neck for physical production (hence why we’ll get the Dawn of Chromatica vinyl on august, that’s the reason Doja didn’t release any physical’s either).

On a regular week this number would have been enough for Lil Nas to snatch the #1, my guess is that his label (Sony) didn’t know/take into account Drake’s (Universal) release before setting the date.

Did Doja say this was the reason or is it assumed? Because afaik they're under the same management team and they might not have physicals for the same reason. 

Archived