Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Halsey - I am not a woman, I'm a god (Live)

Teletubby

Featured Posts

omg I watched their moment house performance and the whole thing was incredibleeeee so glad they're sharing clips from it, bc it was EVERYTHING

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

high culture

I heard this on the radio today! I had to Shazam it, I couldn’t get through the whole album when it came out lol. I liked this song

Ororo Munroe
13 minutes ago, badfaith said:

I was anxiously waiting for a blood to hit her throat and make her choke :ladyhaha:

literally, blood almost hit her eyes and she looked so uncomfortable. :selena:

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

BlingNotTheMusic
28 minutes ago, SpiritBunny said:

I'll be honest I don't get the meaning of the song but it's a bop :lolly:

"In the chorus of the song, Halsey lays out some contrasting features about them. They sing that they're not a woman, but a god, not a martyr, but a problem, not a legend, but a fraud, and so on. These are opposites and do not necessarily align with each other. This may be the best example of their bipolar disorder.

Although Halsey sings that they wear a smile on their face, their actions suit that of a person wearing a frown. They have a couple of bodies in their yard. Why? We do not know. These could be a reference to their past lovers and competitors who went against them. Every one of them met with the same fate.

"Maybe I could be a different human in a new place"

They very well could start off a new life in a new place, but they did not so far. They might not, at all. Being numb to the world around them, they want to feel something. Maybe moving to a new place will help. Maybe they're not fixable!

Even in the second verse, Halsey sings “Maybe I could be a better human with a new name.” All the lyrics hint at an impending new beginning. But there is no guarantee that grass is greener on the other side.

Towards the end of the song, Halsey decides that they're better off where they are right now. The only adjustment they're going to make to her life is that they're going to isolate themselves from the world around them. No more lovers and no more heartache."

https://justrandomthings.com/2021/08/27/halsey-i-am-not-a-woman-im-a-god-lyrics-meaning-explained/

Since we know the album is about pregnancy and childbirth, I always thought this song was like "Yeah I give life, I'm not a 'woman' I'm a fvxking GOD". But for me, a male, it's really just an empowering song for anyone that's been wronged. I BLAST this song in the car and it is perfection :vegas:

EDIT: Also I love the line "I just wanna feel something / Tell me where to go" it's so powerful. I allude it to addiction or substance abuse but it could also be for those with mental health issues, feeling numb. Such a beautifully written and produced track!

Archived