💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lil Nas X’s “MONTERO” (Album) & “THATS WHAT I WANT” (Video) - OUT NOW

Featured Posts

enissa11

i just watch the video, it was good until he faked playing electric guitar in a wedding dress a la edgy katy perry in hot n' cold, really cringy to watch, please don't fake play electric guitar when there's not even a guitar in the music just to be edgy and cool, Miley also did this in prisoner, awful, it really cheapens the end result. i just wanted to say that.

Mad Architect of Light

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pharamon
16 hours ago, Munchlax said:

The only songs I don’t like are SCOOP, DOLLA SIGN SLIME and VOID.

lol these are among the only ones i like

Pharamon
10 hours ago, John Wayne said:

The whole album literally sounds the same for me, apart from a few exceptions. Honestly expected more, but it’s okay at most.

Agreed, it really isn't bad, it has many decent songs, but after all this hyping up it feels a bit... plain

7 hours ago, enissa11 said:

i just watch the video, it was good until he faked playing electric guitar in a wedding dress a la edgy katy perry in hot n' cold, really cringy to watch, please don't fake play electric guitar when there's not even a guitar in the music just to be edgy and cool, Miley also did this in prisoner, awful, it really cheapens the end result. i just wanted to say that.

EXCUSE ME NO.

IT WAS CAMP AND IT GAVE WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO GIVE 

MadreMonster
8 hours ago, enissa11 said:

Lol that’s your concern :ladyhaha:

I haven’t finished the album yet but I love everything so far. Kinda bummed about eltons feature.

I listened to it twice bc each time I thought I zoned out and missed him singing :ladyhaha:

BARKDANGER

Maybe it’s me…but I find Lil Nas vulgar with no real artist value behind what he stands for or what he shows for in his music videos. While I commend that he portrayed safe gay sex in his music for “That’s What I Want”, I can’t help but to think he does things for the shock value, and doesn’t have true merit or artist intention to back it up. For example, Lady Gaga’s music videos for Alejandro and Born This Way, are great true commentaries of gay culture in pop culture. I am an openly bi-racial-married man, but I feel like I will get draged for this statement. But I stand behind it. Maybe it’s a generational thing, I’m a millennial and I can’t click with what he is portraying. :gum:

“I’m on the edge of glory…”

7 hours ago, qoqo said:

Don’t Want It is insanely similar to Mockingbird by Eminem…

0:22

1:54

omg I knew it sounded familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

it has a similar melody, I wonder if it's a full interpolation?

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

enissa11
On 9/18/2021 at 12:27 AM, BARKDANGER said:

Maybe it’s me…but I find Lil Nas vulgar with no real artist value behind what he stands for or what he shows for in his music videos. While I commend that he portrayed safe gay sex in his music for “That’s What I Want”, I can’t help but to think he does things for the shock value, and doesn’t have true merit or artist intention to back it up. For example, Lady Gaga’s music videos for Alejandro and Born This Way, are great true commentaries of gay culture in pop culture. I am an openly bi-racial-married man, but I feel like I will get draged for this statement. But I stand behind it. Maybe it’s a generational thing, I’m a millennial and I can’t click with what he is portraying. :gum:

i agree, i wouldn't call him vulgar tho, because all he does is reverse the rap straight narrative into a gay context, it isn't vulgar, it's just real life, i maybe would say his art is uninspired and plain, yesterday i even watch his zane lowe interview and he really have very little to say about his art and himself as an artist, it was underwhelming, but at lest he's making ppl uncomfortable and he has guts to be himself and not caring what everyone would think, that's what i like about him.

It'd unfair to compare him with gaga, she's very prolific as an artist and as a person, she comes from the underground new york club kid and queer scene, which is the real gay culture and it shows in every inch of her art.

Mad Architect of Light

PartySick
On 9/18/2021 at 12:27 AM, BARKDANGER said:

Maybe it’s a generational thing, I’m a millennial and I can’t click with what he is portraying. :gum:

We're getting old :emma:

I agree with the whole "lack of purpose" thing but I find it fun, not vulgar :music: we have artists like Gaga to provoke thought, we need artists like Nas to let us go nuts from time to time.

I'm sure he'll have his big image changing and meaningful moment at some point. For now, let's just enjoy the campy videos and jams :vegas:

🖤

Archived