celeb

🚨 Lil Nas X is having contractions

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

As a woman, I'm finding this very offensive, honestly. For all that so many people like to crow about cultural appropriation and racial appropriation, even LGBT appropriation, you're weirdly silent when it comes to matters of female appropriation. It's all very well for a man to take on female fashion and even mannerisms as no one truly owns these things and these perceptions of femininity are just based on superficial elements like fabrics, social constructs and perceptions. But appropriating one of the ultimate forms of womanhood - our biological function of pregnancy of which only we are capable of - is a whole different story. Can you imagine how this feels for any woman who wants children but can't find the right man to have them with, is struggling to conceive or has become infertile? It's a big slap in the face. And from a man who claims to love and support women. For men, pretending to be pregnant is just a lark. For women, it's a serious reality, a reality that involves physical and emotional pain, before, during and after and any man who claims to be a female ally better respect this struggle. Lil Nas X is gradually becoming more famous for his adoption of shock value than his music which may make him remembered but he's got a long way to go to gain respect if he's going to keep pulling stunts like this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one too. Sad how so many people just see this as a laugh. And it's very telling that it's men who view it this way. This is a situation that doesn't and will never affect them, so why should they care who it's offending?

" For all that so many people like to crow about cultural appropriation and racial appropriation, even LGBT appropriation.."

You shouldn't really start your argument like that because it screams selfish, almost as if those issues aren't as important because they aren't problems you can identify with. You do not have to bring up racial and cultural appropriation in your argument, it just comes off as self centered. And just like Lil Nas X doesnt know what it's like to be a woman, you do not know what it's like to be a gay black man. Just as you stated, he will never know what an infertile woman goes through, just the same you will never know what he's had to repress. You think being gay in white communities is bad? It's a thousand times worst in black communities. Also, obviously he's equating the release of an him to a birth of a child, which MANY artists have done, even Gaga herself. It's....a metaphor. So is Chromatica offensive to people who are colorblind and cannot see the full spectrum? 

Also in 2021, not everyone who can bear a child is a "woman" although some trans-men do have hysterectomies, some can and do get pregnant, and vice versa are you saying trans-women who cannot get pregnant can never truly be a woman?  

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Blastertoyo
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I just knew this point was going to be brought up. That's why I made a point of using the word "biological" in my post. Only biological females can give birth. Pregnancy is a biological reality. Biology doesn't know or care what your gender identity is and gender identity is completely different from biological sex. Which is why trans and nonbinary people who look like men on the outside are capable of pregnancy because their body still reads them as female internally regardless of what they identify as. But when someone says the term "biological woman" everyone should know exactly what you mean. This shouldn't be something that's debated about and certainly not something that should be explained to a biological woman.

You’re clearly unaware of how transphobic this is 

nobody uses the term “biological woman” anymore outside of transphobic circles. The correct term is cis women.

If you changed the word “biological” for “cis” you’ll realize how transphobic you sound. 
“oNlY cIs fEmAlEs cAn gIvE bIrTh”

There are trans and non-binary men and women with functional uteri and who have and are able to birth children 

F outta here with “biological female”

please enlighten me to death

enissa11
1 hour ago, Miss Dolly said:

No, the whole campaign is. 
P.S. I’m triggered because he lap danced the devil despite he’ll never be able too do that. #CancelHim

marketing campaings aren't art lol, he's not trying to make a commentary or tell a story about anything, this is just straight up mockery and clownery, a rough video recorded with is phone of him pregnant  like it is so funny just to get a reaction, i unsderstand the ppl who find this offensive, but for me i just think that it is done with very poor taste, so uninteresting and cringy to look at

Mad Architect of Light

StarstruckIllusion

Just about had it with the “x is not a joke.” crowd. Comedy is a subjective, not cold hard facts. You trying to dictate **** makes you look idiotic. Just say you didn’t laugh and move on. 

spicemuncher

I find him so annoying and overrated beyond belief. Terrible live vocals and awkward stage presence/dance skills too. 

Teletubby
2 hours ago, MonsterPaws said:

wait really?! I don't buy physical releases at all. But I would've thought at least a vinyl release was in the bag (since vinyl seems to have had a major resurgence this past decade).

so far he didn't announced physical copies, we are in streaming era and many artists don't release physical copies in 1st week. Doja Cat released only 5K CDs of her latest album, no vinyls etc. but her album is still in top 10 on Billboard. 
Vinyls are now so popular that vinyl pressing plants are struggling to meet demand, there are so many artists waiting in queue and this is why vinyl of Dawn of Chromatica will be relesed in March next year. 

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Andrea B
5 hours ago, DoremonLove said:

Looks like im the only one who finds this extremely disrespectful and bordeeline creepy.

people find his humor funny bc men can't get pregnant, right? :excited: :teehee:

everyone really said f*ck trans men 

Andrea B
4 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

It wouldve been more interesting if it was done in an ARTSY way, but cant ask too much these days 

exactly! he's just doing it to make people laugh and get some coins:fail: I really dislike men 

1 minute ago, Munchlax said:

Lady Gaga Snl GIF

Me rn. Left for a few hours with a thread of only 2 pages, to 6 and no.1 trending :vegas:

Andrea B
4 hours ago, Miss Dolly said:

Honestly, shock value has always played a massive role in the marketing campaigns for albums. Remember when Gaga turned up in a meat dress or Madonna brought out a whole book of her doing sexual things with a very sexual album. How is this any different? I could of said in 2016 Gaga could of triggered people that were grieving with Joanne, but no, because it’s all about getting people to talk and be interested in music. It’s art and art has been controversial in any aspect. 

I get your point but Madonna did it to empower women and embrace her sexuality, right? yeah she got some coins and press from it but it was her way to fight the repression that women face everyday. 

Even Gaga, she connected with some many people with the way she promoted Joanne, I never connected in a deep personal level with ANY gaga album before Joanne. Madonna and Gaga always have a purpose for the things they do.

lil nas is just doing it bc he knows people will make him into a meme:koons: bc its funny when a man is pregnant, right? f*ck trans men 

please don't compare a man from stan twitter that likes to do memes with intelligent women 

Spoiler

this isn't personal, I just don't agree with your opinion:heart:  

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived