Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

🚨 Lil Nas X is having contractions

COOOK

Featured Posts

Better Day
Just now, DoremonLove said:

Are u a woman? If yes thn good for u tht u find this fun if not thn i cant take u seriously bcoz u wont know. Good day

No, what difference does it make? All he’s really doing is saying his album is coming. Don’t reply to me again. 

Together You And I!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

As a woman, I'm finding this very offensive, honestly. For all that so many people like to crow about cultural appropriation and racial appropriation, even LGBT appropriation, you're weirdly silent when it comes to matters of female appropriation. It's all very well for a man to take on female fashion and even mannerisms as no one truly owns these things and these perceptions of femininity are just based on superficial elements like fabrics, social constructs and perceptions. But appropriating one of the ultimate forms of womanhood - our biological function of pregnancy of which only we are capable of - is a whole different story. Can you imagine how this feels for any woman who wants children but can't find the right man to have them with, is struggling to conceive or has become infertile? It's a big slap in the face. And from a man who claims to love and support women. For men, pretending to be pregnant is just a lark. For women, it's a serious reality, a reality that involves physical and emotional pain, before, during and after and any man who claims to be a female ally better respect this struggle. Lil Nas X is gradually becoming more famous for his adoption of shock value than his music which may make him remembered but he's got a long way to go to gain respect if he's going to keep pulling stunts like this.

22 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

Looks like im the only one who finds this extremely disrespectful and bordeeline creepy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one too. Sad how so many people just see this as a laugh. And it's very telling that it's men who view it this way. This is a situation that doesn't and will never affect them, so why should they care who it's offending?

DoremonLove
1 minute ago, Miss Dolly said:

No, what difference does it make? All he’s really doing is saying his album is coming. Don’t reply to me again. 

Season 8 Feminism GIF by Friends

How can anoyone not love gaga

DoremonLove
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

As a woman, I'm finding this very offensive, honestly. For all that so many people like to crow about cultural appropriation and racial appropriation, even LGBT appropriation, you're weirdly silent when it comes to matters of female appropriation. It's all very well for a man to take on female fashion and even mannerisms as no one truly owns these things and these perceptions of femininity are just based on superficial elements like fabrics, social constructs and perceptions. But appropriating one of the ultimate forms of womanhood - our biological function of pregnancy of which only we are capable of - is a whole different story. Can you imagine how this feels for any woman who wants children but can't find the right man to have them with, is struggling to conceive or has become infertile? It's a big slap in the face. And from a man who claims to love and support women. For men, pretending to be pregnant is just a lark. For women, it's a serious reality, a reality that involves physical and emotional pain, before, during and after and any man who claims to be a female ally better respect this struggle. Lil Nas X is gradually becoming more famous for his adoption of shock value than his music which may make him remembered but he's got a long way to go to gain respect if he's going to keep pulling stunts like this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one too. Sad how so many people just see this as a laugh. And it's very telling that it's men who view it this way. This is a situation that doesn't and will never affect them, so why should they care who it's offending?

Thank you so much. Was getting tired of being laughed at by gay men here who claim to be loving women and laughing at this sick strategy. 

8 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

Using a womans most difficult pain experience as a marketing strategy isnt the entertainment yall think it is. But what can i expect from u guys. Esp when hes not a woman n will never udnerstand or experience how painful this is. So do not come with the "its a marketing strategy" to me. Id rather he just sent it to streming thn mocking it like this. Using pregnancy n labour as asthetic is the lowest. And im someone who actually was supporting his music and him coming out openly. But this is not it. And u or others cant convince me other wise. So better dont quote me.

Omg I thought I was the only one thinking of this. Idk why but it kinda annoys me. Labour and all that **** it's no joke, it's a scary difficult moment, with around 48 hours of labor intense pain in the hospital, some throw up and their bodies are shaking, they feel like fainting, the medication doesn't work, some get medication but end up handicapped, some bleed to death it can happen, some have placenta stuck and so they are at risk of infection, some lose their babies and have to get induced which causes even more intense labour pains and give birth to a dead baby, some give birth and usually get 2nd degree tearing, you have to give birth to the placenta, the doctor shoves his fist and arm inside your vagina to get it out, then you get stitched up for an hour, then you bleed in a diaper for a couple weeks. Some get induced bcs they have no labor starting and get very very very intense pain where they feel like they r going to die. To me a man doing this as a joke, and yeah if u find it funny good for you, but it's the same to me as if I'd see a guy making fun of period pain. And ive had terrible period pain before where im in bed shaking throwing up and cant eat, or a guy making fun of endometriosis. Women's health is not truly a joking matter when u think of it. I was fine him creating a fake pregnancy belly, but labor pain to me is a bit too far :/ And i like lil nas x but this is health, women's health, i dont see how it's funny and it's not even used in an artsy kind of way which id be fine with, it's done as a joking way doesnt sit well with me 

js4754394o9823
5 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

matters of female appropriation. It's all very well for a man to take on female fashion and even mannerisms as no one truly owns these things and these perceptions of femininity are just based on superficial elements like fabrics, social constructs and perceptions. But appropriating one of the ultimate forms of womanhood - our biological function of pregnancy of which only we are capable of - is a whole different story.

not that i don't agree with it being maybe a little bit insensitive
but trans men and no binary people exist
treating pregnancy like this "ultimate form of womanhood" is kinda outdated

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

DoremonLove
1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

Omg I thought I was the only one thinking of this. Idk why but it kinda annoys me. Labour and all that **** it's no joke, it's a scary difficult moment, with around 48 hours of labor intense pain in the hospital, some throw up and their bodies are shaking, they feel like fainting, the medication doesn't work, some get medication but end up handicapped, some bleed to death it can happen, some have placenta stuck and so they are at risk of infection, some lose their babies and have to get induced which causes even more intense labour pains and give birth to a dead baby, some give birth and usually get 2nd degree tearing, you have to give birth to the placenta, the doctor shoves his fist and arm inside your vagina to get it out, then you get stitched up for an hour, then you bleed in a diaper for a couple weeks. Some get induced bcs they have no labor starting and get very very very intense pain where they feel like they r going to die. To me a man doing this as a joke, and yeah if u find it funny good for you, but it's the same to me as if I'd see a guy making fun of period pain. And ive had terrible period pain before where im in bed shaking throwing up and cant eat, or a guy making fun of endometriosis. Women's health is not truly a joking matter when u think of it. I was fine him creating a fake pregnancy belly, but labor pain to me is a bit too far :/ And i like lil nas x but this is health, women's health, i dont see how it's funny and it's not even used in an artsy kind of way which id be fine with, it's done as a joking way doesnt sit well with me 

Exactly. Not even going to how difficult labour pain is even period pain alone is SERIOUS. If he did something like gaga in the born this way mv i would have tht it as art too but this is just making a JOKE. And im appalled at ppl here laughing at me for finding this offending. 

2 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

not that i don't agree with it being maybe a little bit insensitive
but trans men and no binary people exist
treating pregnancy like this "ultimate form of womanhood" is kinda outdated

It's not outdated at all, everyone talks about it. If a woman says it's womanhood it's womanhood. As a non binary ull see it differently, and that's your life and point of view, as a trans man ull see it differently too, no need to ban the word womanhood for inclusivity :/

I hear you out, guys. I don’t think this is appropriate and shouldn’t be used as like an aesthetic but also, am I the only who notices the inconsistencies? Like I know he’s “pregnant” for a while now but he wasn’t pregnant at the vmas and met and then now he’s back to being pregnant like??? Unlike when The Weeknd did that botched face thing. Abel really sold it all throughout that era, even during events.

Just now, DoremonLove said:

Exactly. Not even going to how difficult labour pain is even period pain alone is SERIOUS. If he did something like gaga in the born this way mv i would have tht it as art too but this is just making a JOKE. And im appalled at ppl here laughing at me for finding this offending. 

Well gay men are still just men, they don't get it, they'll never get it. Ive talked bout many things here and was called a prude and attacked by them once. Anything u say where u know bcs u r living it in this female body, u are told to shut up and it's "not true". 

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

If they had to deal with it they'd be the first ones to cry

1 minute ago, adrhean said:

I hear you out, guys. I don’t think this is appropriate and shouldn’t be used as like an aesthetic but also, am I the only who notices the inconsistencies? Like i know he’s “pregnant” for a while now but he wasn’t pregnant at the vmas and met and then now he’s back to being pregnant. Unlike when the weeknd did that botched face thing. 

It wouldve been more interesting if it was done in an ARTSY way, but cant ask too much these days 

Better Day

Honestly, shock value has always played a massive role in the marketing campaigns for albums. Remember when Gaga turned up in a meat dress or Madonna brought out a whole book of her doing sexual things with a very sexual album. How is this any different? I could of said in 2016 Gaga could of triggered people that were grieving with Joanne, but no, because it’s all about getting people to talk and be interested in music. It’s art and art has been controversial in any aspect. 

Together You And I!

Better Day

Look at the SEX book by Madonna and tell me the difference between that and this. Madonna literally dry humped in a wedding dress singing Like A Virgin in 1984

Together You And I!

js4754394o9823
8 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

It's not outdated at all, everyone talks about it. If a woman says it's womanhood it's womanhood. As a non binary ull see it differently, and that's your life and point of view, as a trans man ull see it differently too, no need to ban the word womanhood for inclusivity :/

i don't want to "ban" the word
i'm sure it can be used for other things
but pregnancy is not one of them
and that's not my pov, that's just how it is
if men/non binary person can be pregnant, what a womanhood has to do with it?
calling it that only promotes the idea of pregnancy being exlusive for women and it's not

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived