🚨 Lil Nas X is having contractions

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cookie Tookie
3 minutes ago, Gagaloo911 said:

This is pretty rich coming from the likes of you two.

No one can take you seriously when you laugh at and ridicule all the other cancel culture topics but somehow choose to take issue with THIS.

You want to go off like this when you both would normally ridicule and laugh at people who get offended over something as trivial as this :smh:

What a JOKE.

Nowhere once did I mention he needs to be canceled, because I don’t subscribe to the sheep mentality of this site or this generation. And yes, cancel culture should be ridiculed. Just because I find this distasteful doesn’t mean I want to cancel him. 

However, I’m still allowed my opinion. If you think this whole act is “trivial”, that says more about you then it does about me. Typical males defending males, while perfomatively advocating for the rights of women. 

Gagaloo911
Just now, Cookie Tookie said:

Nowhere once did I mention he needs to be canceled, because I don’t subscribe to the sheep mentality of this site or this generation. And yes, cancel culture should be ridiculed. Just because I find this distasteful doesn’t mean I want to cancel him. 

However, I’m still allowed my opinion. If you think this whole act is “trivial”, that says more about you then it does about me. Typical males defending males, while perfomatively advocating for the rights of women. 

Sure, let's go with that.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Stephen
2 hours ago, Super said:

Gaga didn’t do it without context for attention, laughter or purely shock value. Lil Nas looks like a kid desperate for attention, nothing more. 

SO are you offended over a fake belly? OR you don't like that he wants attention? Cuz those are 2 different things. :awesome:

The way you guys can't even keep your point straight.

Just say you don't like him and go  :shrug:

1 hour ago, dojo said:

i learned so much by reading the 7 pages of this thread, both from supporters and detractors :bon:

Me too sis! :coffee:  The girlies are mad lol. I never really thought about how AFABs would feel about this. 

Andrea B
3 hours ago, Stephen said:

SO are you offended over a fake belly? OR you don't like that he wants attention? Cuz those are 2 different things. :awesome:

The way you guys can't even keep your point straight.

Just say you don't like him and go  :shrug:

I actually like him:fatcat: I really like the way he's embracing his sexuality. His videos are making a difference and I'm glad he's successful, that means he's reaching to millions of ppl. I can like him and still disagree with him... we can't criticize anything without pll getting pressed or taking offence :awesome:

holy scheisse
19 hours ago, Cookie Tookie said:

So easy for him to make a mockery out of pregnancy, while females in this country are still fighting for autonomy over their own body and pregnancies. 

The tea is hot...

Wolf Boy
On 9/17/2021 at 3:08 AM, StrawberryBlond said:

As a woman, I'm finding this very offensive, honestly. For all that so many people like to crow about cultural appropriation and racial appropriation, even LGBT appropriation, you're weirdly silent when it comes to matters of female appropriation. It's all very well for a man to take on female fashion and even mannerisms as no one truly owns these things and these perceptions of femininity are just based on superficial elements like fabrics, social constructs and perceptions. But appropriating one of the ultimate forms of womanhood - our biological function of pregnancy of which only we are capable of - is a whole different story. Can you imagine how this feels for any woman who wants children but can't find the right man to have them with, is struggling to conceive or has become infertile? It's a big slap in the face. And from a man who claims to love and support women. For men, pretending to be pregnant is just a lark. For women, it's a serious reality, a reality that involves physical and emotional pain, before, during and after and any man who claims to be a female ally better respect this struggle. Lil Nas X is gradually becoming more famous for his adoption of shock value than his music which may make him remembered but he's got a long way to go to gain respect if he's going to keep pulling stunts like this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one too. Sad how so many people just see this as a laugh. And it's very telling that it's men who view it this way. This is a situation that doesn't and will never affect them, so why should they care who it's offending?

You sound completely insane.

StrawberryBlond
On 9/16/2021 at 6:21 PM, Miss Dolly said:

Look at the SEX book by Madonna and tell me the difference between that and this. Madonna literally dry humped in a wedding dress singing Like A Virgin in 1984

There's a big difference between displaying the act of sex which basically all of us are capable of doing vs. being a man pretending to be pregnant. I don't get how you would even make this correlation. For what it's worth, Madonna was originally going to call her Hard Candy album Black Madonna and had even shot an artwork where she was in blackface. For obvious reasons, it never happened. That's what I'm getting at - people understand why something's offensive when it comes to race. But trying to get them to understand why something is offensive to women can be like pulling teeth sometimes.

On 9/16/2021 at 6:45 PM, kukuryku666 said:

biological woman/man can be offensive for some people actually
assigned male/female at birth is better

no matter if you need to be this or that
if you don't identify with being a woman
your experiance doesn't have anything to do with womanhood
that was my main point

i didn't say it's okay for him to do it, he's still cis
and that could've been your main point
same subject, better wording

but whatever, i'm not really offended or anything
just wanted to give my 2 cents

It shouldn't be an offensive term. The word "biological" is used to refer to what our bodies are capable of based on the way we were born. It refers to our sexual organs, our hormones, our bodily functions. That is what the term is used for, it's medical terminology. That shouldn't be offensive. This is nothing to do with what you were "assigned" at birth (a term that I actually find quite offensive) it's about what your body is capable of whether you like it or not. I really don't appreciate being told how to talk about womanhood when I am a woman. Would you tell a black person how to talk about other black people? Or a gay person how to talk about other gay people? Or a disabled person how to talk about other disabled people? Think about that for a moment.

On 9/16/2021 at 7:47 PM, inuborg said:

" For all that so many people like to crow about cultural appropriation and racial appropriation, even LGBT appropriation.."

You shouldn't really start your argument like that because it screams selfish, almost as if those issues aren't as important because they aren't problems you can identify with. You do not have to bring up racial and cultural appropriation in your argument, it just comes off as self centered. And just like Lil Nas X doesnt know what it's like to be a woman, you do not know what it's like to be a gay black man. Just as you stated, he will never know what an infertile woman goes through, just the same you will never know what he's had to repress. You think being gay in white communities is bad? It's a thousand times worst in black communities. Also, obviously he's equating the release of an him to a birth of a child, which MANY artists have done, even Gaga herself. It's....a metaphor. So is Chromatica offensive to people who are colorblind and cannot see the full spectrum? 

Also in 2021, not everyone who can bear a child is a "woman" although some trans-men do have hysterectomies, some can and do get pregnant, and vice versa are you saying trans-women who cannot get pregnant can never truly be a woman?  

I never said those issues didn't matter. I put them there to give examples as to the types of things that people want to defend, things people understand the concept of offence for. And then following it up by saying that when a woman is offended, it's very difficult to get her heard and respected, especially among men. You trying to paint me as selfish for wanting women as a marginalised group to get the same understanding that other marginalised groups get really shows how far we still have to go in the fight for women. What Nas has done is nothing to do with him being black or gay so I don't know why you even brought that up. Nowhere did I say that I didn't respect his struggles, I just have an issue with a man pretending to be pregnant. I'm not against using pregnancy as a metaphor but only women should be doing that.

I know transmen can get pregnant, I went over this is a previous reply. I said the reason why they can is because their internal make-up is still female and their body can still provide those functions. I believe these functions can go away when full surgery is achieved though I don't know enough to comment on that. The point is that if you can get pregnant, it's because you were born with female organs, whether you identify with the female gender or not. I never said anything about transpeople nor am I against transpeople, this topic was put onto me. I find it really annoying that a woman cannot talk about the female experience of pregnancy without being made to feel like she's being selfish, transphobic and crazy. It's just typical that as soon as a woman voices offence, people weigh in with how we should talk about other groups instead.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:24 PM, Blastertoyo said:

You’re clearly unaware of how transphobic this is 

nobody uses the term “biological woman” anymore outside of transphobic circles. The correct term is cis women.

If you changed the word “biological” for “cis” you’ll realize how transphobic you sound. 
“oNlY cIs fEmAlEs cAn gIvE bIrTh”

There are trans and non-binary men and women with functional uteri and who have and are able to birth children 

F outta here with “biological female”

I never said anything about transpeople, much less transphobia. I was talking about the female experience of pregnancy. This shouldn't be an offensive thing to say. It's outrageous that this is being framed this way and I feel really attacked by some of these responses.

Actually, people do use the term "biological woman" - medical professionals, mainly. It's a medical term to explain what our bodies are capable of based on the way we were born. Such a concept isn't offensive, it's reality. And no, biological woman and cis woman are not the same thing. Biological woman refers to the way a body is made upon birth regardless of how the person within that body identifies with it. Cis woman refers to a person who was born with all the bodily attributes of womanhood and is comfortable with them. The first is about medical reality, the second is about personal identity. And I never said only cis females can give birth because I know the difference between biological vs. cis. I really don't want you, to tell me, a woman who was born female, how to refer to myself and how to refer to other women like myself. We call ourselves women day-to-day but we sometimes have to use the term biological woman in certain situations and no, not to be transphobic, but to be medically accurate.

Would you tell any other person who wasn't female how to refer to themselves? By saying that biological women do not exist, you're effectively erasing women and that's downright unacceptable.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:58 PM, StarstruckIllusion said:

Just about had it with the “x is not a joke.” crowd. Comedy is a subjective, not cold hard facts. You trying to dictate **** makes you look idiotic. Just say you didn’t laugh and move on. 

The female body is not comedy, it's not a joke, it's not a punchline. Would you say the same for someone making a racist or homophic or ableist joke? Is it only when it's women that you don't see a problem? Marginalised groups actually do have a right to dictate what's offensive to them. That's why things like hate speech are against the law.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:03 PM, Andrea Nicole said:

people find his humor funny bc men can't get pregnant, right? :excited: :teehee:

everyone really said f*ck trans men

Nas isn't trans, though. No one was even thinking about the concept of trans pregnancy because it wasn't relevant to the situation. Here we have a biological, cisgender man pretending to be pregnant and somehow the topic turned to trans pregnancy. Very ironic that pregnancy among cis women (which is the biggest group who is happens to) have been weirdly sidelined and and made to feel like they don't matter.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:42 PM, Stephen said:

If you're offended just don't look at it lmfao. There's nothing inherently wrong with him pretending to be pregnant to be FUNNY lolol. It's just comedy / art. 

If YOU have a problem with it that's on YOU. :flutter:

If you don't like it just turn it off :vegas:

Just Relax Pete Davidson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Again, what I've been saying to so many people here. Would you say the same thing if it was a joke that as insensitive to black people or gay people or disabled people? Why is it when it happens to women, we're told to just chill out, it's just comedy, just switch off if you don't like it?

23 hours ago, Gagaloo911 said:

The way yall will do anything to find something to be offended over and whine about

Meanwhile Lil Nas X is laughing all the way to the bank because the whole point was the stir the pot and get people talking about him :ladyhaha:

Keep getting the pressed snowflakes bothered King! :firega:

He chose to be controversial over something that's deeply offensive to many women, though. He may be talked about but not positively. I think women's offence matters more than how successful his as campaign is.

23 hours ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Typical males defending males, while perfomatively advocating for the rights of women. 

Say it louder for the people in the back! I can't believe in 2021, women are being called crazy and effectively told to shut up over an issue that they find offensive and on a site that claims to be so pro-woman and pro-social justice in general. I have also noticed that women are supported if they're liked. If they're disliked, we have no time for their opinions or offence.

7 hours ago, Wolf Boy said:

You sound completely insane.

Again, using the "crazy woman" retort when a woman speaks of something that offends her. Calling me insane for talking about bodily functions that women go through. I'm at a loss at this point.

Blastertoyo
18 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

By saying that biological women do not exist, you're effectively erasing women and that's downright unacceptable.

By saying anyone who isn’t a cIs woman as not biological, you’re effectively erasing their humanity because you want a gold star for having a vagina and that’s downright unacceptable  

please enlighten me to death

Andrea B

what I'm not going to do is read a reply that looks like a long *ss thesis that was written by a terf on a Lady Gaga fan forum, too much Internet for today. :heart:

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived