Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Whitney Houston’s the bodyguard gets remake at warner bros.

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Bleachella

Omg this might be exciting or it might be a train wreck it's too early to tell...

H.E.R. or MJ Rodriguez for the lead please!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARIANA would be perfect! :heart:

She's got the looks. She's got the voice. She's the right age. (Whitney was 28 at the time.)

A biracial couple - like the original - but a white singer and a black bodyguard... 

It'll be a big hit!

she/her/hers

The soundtrack is good, the film is not.  To me “living up to Whitney” shouldn’t be on anyone’s mind because the original film wasn’t very good.  I could 100% see Gaga in the role (and I’ll be she’ll get asked), I just don’t know if she would do it.  I’m not sure she’d want to star in two remakes of major movie musicals this early in her career.

FameMonster01

I feel like Azealia Banks would be the perfect choice, as she's vocally on pair to Whitney + an acclaimed actress

Anderson123

I mean, some remakes are there to bring the classics to a new generation and I'm here for it if they can make a great movie but seems like it's too soon or not a good idea. This is like remaking Titanic, such an unnecessary project that puts a heavy weight on the writers and directors.

It'd be very obvious if they go for Beyoncé or Jennifer Hudson so I think they should give someone else a chance, probably someone like Andra Day who killed it as Billie Holiday or an unknown actress.

BUtterfield 8
18 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

This time it should be a gay couple

i-said-what-i-said-nene-leakes.gif

I would love that but you know they’d never do it 

JazmineRice
19 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

has seen delirious speculation over the potential lead cast for years.

and delirious it is

Stupid Oreo
19 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Why do I feel like H.E.R. might snatch this role

Because she is perfect for it

CautiousLurker
19 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

you know they’d never do it 

Yes but still
Ee4j-S2-QUc-AAJ6xc.jpg

This is yet again another proof that Hollywood has zero creativity left. The original film was understandably panned by critics and the only reason it was commercially successfull was because it had Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston playing the lead roles. This new film is going flop hard unless they succesfully manage to replace the original actors.

Archived