💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Jessica Chastain received rave reviews for The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Madam Margolyes

Featured Posts

Madam Margolyes

After Kristen Stewart whom garnered glowing reviews for her performance as Princess Diana in Spencer, another actress seems to be joining the conversations: Jessica Chastain in The Eyes of Tammy Faye. Although critics was rather mixed on the film itself (61 on Metacritic and 73% on Rotten Tomatoes), most if not all critics have singled out Jessica Chastain's performance as Chastain's best work in her acting career so far. The film explores the rise, fall, and redemption of the eccentric televangelist Tammy Faye, including the controversy around her and her husband's fraud scandal, her acceptance of LGBTQ views, and reaching out to HIV/AIDS patients at the height of the AIDS epidemic in the mid-80s. Some critics described her performance as "tour-de-force", "unstoppable", " a crazed, committed, effusive, and empathetic performance", " a career-best performance", "the most heartfelt performances of her career", and even one review (it's from GGD's #2 public enemy New York Post but :poot:) said: "Tammy Faye died in 2007. Chastain’s revelation of a performance will give her new life — and the voice she never had."

Here are some tweets from those who've seen it

What do you think? I personally think she'll get a Best Actress nomination for this. While the film's quality and competitors from stronger movies (like Spencer) may stumble her way onto a win, a win is not entirely impossible, given the raves she's been getting. Also I think the makeup was quite distracting:selena:but from the people who've seen it I guess it won't really matter once you watch the film. Anyway I'm just glad that she's finally getting recognized again after so long (her last nomination was almost 9 years ago). Oscar or not, but with this and Scenes from a Marriage on HBO right now, to me she's winning regardless :vegas:

Fingers crossed for Chastain, Stewart, and Gaga in Best Actress next year :pray:

This further proves that all Gaga needs to do is give her best. The quality of the movie won’t even affect her chances of getting great reviews. :vegas:

Lilmonzter

So Kristen Stewart and Jessica Chastain are a shoe in for Best actress categories.

What about our girl?!

Can't wait for it.

Fingers crossed for a stellar performance. 

Sing C'est la vie 

Monster Voices

I mean she is an amazing actress. The best performance/ movie doesn't necessarily win tho it's who the academy decides they will give it to based on god knows what. 

Forever and Always!

Bleachella

these reviews are glowing!! i’m so excited to see the movie. i’m feeling that it’s gonna end up being chastain vs stewart for the win at the moment, let’s see if we get any surprise contenders. 

3 minutes ago, Lilmonzter said:

What about our girl?!

Can't wait for it.

Fingers crossed for a stellar performance. 

The current predictions according to Variety are:

Kristen Stewart

Lady Gaga

Jessica Chastain

Penelope Cruz

Olivia Colman 

4 minutes ago, Monster Voices said:

The best performance/ movie doesn't necessarily win tho it's who the academy decides they will give it to based on god knows what. 

It’s all about Hollywood politics. The academy members vote for whoever they feel should win. I doubt half of them even watch the movies :partysick:

Madam Margolyes
9 minutes ago, Aloe said:

Not a three way race again :cryga:

Or four with penelope cruz, kristen stewart lost best actress to her at venice film festival :selena:

PunkTheFunk

Gaga's Oscar is cancelled...again :bradley: My gut tells me that Gaga's portrayal will be too campy up against these performances. Hopefully she at least snags a nom.

9 minutes ago, Madam Margolyes said:

Grace randolph must be FUMING somewhere in the corner :billie:

why am i on this woman's side on this. I dont whom of the two annoys me the most:air:

1 hour ago, Madam Margolyes said:

Or four with penelope cruz, kristen stewart lost best actress to her at venice film festival :selena:

Oh wow... I think gaga still edges out Penelope though due to her star power so let’s hope the film will be the catalyst that pushes ga to the top in everyone’s mind

1 hour ago, Meat said:

The current predictions according to Variety are:

Kristen Stewart

Lady Gaga

Jessica Chastain

Penelope Cruz

Olivia Colman 

Gaga competing with Olivia again. Interesting.

Archived