news

TonyGa to debut 3 SPECIALS

flyaway

Featured Posts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

Well, Boris was right about this then... including the single this friday...

Poor Boris.  Has been about 75% right.  Hopefully he comes back.

1 hour ago, mamo said:

also I’m so excited for the documentary but of all streaming platforms they chose to air it on they picked paramount plus?! who tf has paramount plus??

miss-jackson.gif

You should try it free! It’s a really solid streaming service. I got it when it launched and I love it. I watch Big Brother, iCarly, and lots of MTV stuff on it. Also Madonna’s concert and Kacey Musgraves Film are on it! And you can also stream your local CBS channel live on it! 

I think The Lady and The Legend deserves its owns thread :giveup: 

It's basically a documentary about their friendship and all collaborations since meeting in 2011

monketsharona
40 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I think it’s actually super strategic by Paramount. They know MTV is always bashed as musically irrelevant so they get Madonna and Gaga specials to air on it to make Paramount Plus THE streaming app that will have music content on it.

whether that’ll work idk but my guess is that’s the strategy in the crowded market

I wouldn't say having Madonna and JazzGa specials is the most super strategic choice to draw a lot of fresh viewers ever. 

It's more like +50 demographic targeted...  

Ghost Face
1 hour ago, RichAssPiss said:

Three specials and none of them until almost two full months after the album release? That's really odd timing and won't help first week sales and headlines.

But it will help holiday-sales, and thats where an album like this will shine.

Cbs Christmas GIF by HULU

It's an honor.

Since they can't do many interviews, and there will be no tour, they are serving some huge pre-recorded promo, and the rest is Gaga alone Jazzing live on stream and in Vegas <3 

I love her commitment to this project, you can clearly feel when she is 100% into something and when she does something just as part of her "job". 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

2 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

Three specials and none of them until almost two full months after the album release? That's really odd timing and won't help first week sales and headlines.

Jazz and Christmas honey 

Jazz and Christmas 

They are really going in hard with the promo wow.  And also with Gucci.  Gaga really is peeling off her pop star image.

Cat Wow GIF

1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

I wouldn't say having Madonna and JazzGa specials is the most super strategic choice to draw a lot of fresh viewers ever. 

It's more like +50 demographic targeted...  

Well, they’re also at the mercy of what’s available rn. Gaga isn’t doing Chromatica, she’s doing this, though I will also add that plenty of monsters will watch Jazzga and Madonna actually has a growing younger audience in their 20s from folks who are discovering her discography beyond the ageist media treatment the past few years.

Plus, you don’t want your app to only appeal to one demo. This is an enormous expense so you want diversified content that will draw in viewers. Two iconic pop women having specials here is sure to draw in people.

phantasmas
24 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Well, they’re also at the mercy of what’s available rn. Gaga isn’t doing Chromatica, she’s doing this, though I will also add that plenty of monsters will watch Jazzga and Madonna actually has a growing younger audience in their 20s from folks who are discovering her discography beyond the ageist media treatment the past few years.

Plus, you don’t want your app to only appeal to one demo. This is an enormous expense so you want diversified content that will draw in viewers. Two iconic pop women having specials here is sure to draw in people.

Now we just need Janet on there :pray:

Stephen

Damn so much content for L4S is really making me wish we had something like this for Chromatica :(

I really really really hope she goes through with the tour next year. I don't want to say goodbye to this album :fatcat: I'm not ready :(

tiffany-pollard-crying.gif

JINNOCIDE
4 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

It seems they're pushing it for the Holiday season.

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

Archived