💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's body language in her art

dit

Featured Posts

There is something rather subtle that people seem to look past and that is the genius of Lady Gaga's BODY LANGUAGE in her early performances and music videos. Not talking about choreo per say but more so just like the way she would move ever so slightly, little queus etc...it was really what made evertyhing so captivating imo. This was especially pronounced during The Fame and The Fame Monster eras in my opinion but also we see traces of this beautiful art form and Gaga's mastery of her body language even to this day. 

When I watch music videos like Poker Face, Paparazzi and Bad Romance etc...just moments of how she would touch her face or the way she would position her hands as if she were a statue or doing some sort of performance art or something is just so captivating :flutter:

Like I'm not sure I am able to describe this perfectly in images but I will put some moments as examples:

a56f79868d9e7c05175c1b10ef28ee41.jpgGaga-vision-lace-lens-goggles-make-singePapparazi-2.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1lady-gaga-paparazzi.png

ee60441b954f961ab85880c0e78e14dd.jpgartworks-tGj5rYhnbQMkjtMc-UQQzag-t500x50bad-romance-lady-gaga.gifp01ggyn5.jpg

Like even the way she just twitches her fingers in the Bad Romance mv, or the way she puts her hand over her mouth in Paparazzi with a sinister smile etc...it's just so capitvating. I can't describe it. She has a mastery of body language when she is on screen. Later on in her newer art she is more sort of "unhinged" in her body language and movements. She has moments where she just spazzes out and that is also super cool cuz it feels liberating imo whereas with her body language in her earlier work it seemed a lot more "prepared" which of course has its charm and is captivating as every movement had intention behind it whereas now a lot of her movements are just free form and expressive in a sense which is also nice but different of course.

Either way, what do you think of this sort of underrated art form in Gaga's work? Isn't it just beyond stunning? It is in part something so small yet it makes ALL the difference and is something I think a lot of us look past but our minds register it and it is one of those things that probably made a lot of us love Gaga's visuals without even thinking about it!

• dit changed the title to Gaga's body language in her art

I think I fell in love with her cause of that, now that I think about it. Cause I started being obsessed when I saw Paparazzi video 

Bradley

This aspect of her performance art is so underrated and needs more attention. 911 doesn't have dancers dancing with her but her movements were so effective against the music and it's her intelligence like this that sets her apart from B-list pop stars who would rather just flail their hands about like generic pop stars do.

High fashion poses. She used to obsess over fashion photography books in the old school monstervisions. She understands the theatrics that create iconic moments.

4 minutes ago, IHE said:

High fashion poses. She used to obsess over fashion photography books in the old school monstervisions. She understands the theatrics that create iconic moments.

A lot of the examples I used are high fashion poses but also there are moments like when she is just struggling in the crutches in the Paparazzi mv or when she twitches her fingers insanely in the bathtub scene in the Bad Romance mv etc...like even slight moments like that are just so damn cool :giveup: 

monophy.gif5p5O.gif

it's stuff like this that literally make my jaw drop. She EMBODIED art in EVERY movement. It's astonishing

13 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

Ikr ! Even just the beginning how she switched one side to another 

OMG you get EXACTLY what I mean :giveup: Like just THAT one moment is so masterful. Like who moves from one side to another like that?!!? it's just...brilliant

32 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

Ikr ! Even just the beginning how she switched one side to another 

exactly, every little detail in her performances is well thought, and that's what really separates her from other performers nowadays

Glamourpuss

gaga7-350x570.jpg

lady-gaga-mugler-fw11-01.jpg

I'm thinking of her poses and how she told a story with her body language. She was always so captivating and enigmatic. 

Everything she did was some sort of performance art like it came natural to her, like that's just how she lived and breathed. 

I didn't realise until now how much I miss this about her.

Dr Fudge

I was thinking about something similar to this as we watched celebrities arrive and pose at the MET Gala. So many had stiff or unoriginal poses. Reminded me of how purposeful Gaga is when she performs.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Blastertoyo
1 hour ago, dit said:

like even slight moments like that are just so damn cool :giveup: 

Me trying to pick something new from the menu when they tell me they’re out of what I ordered 

ezgif-4-2f80af07f52e.thumb.gif.13013aa46

please enlighten me to death

Archived