Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Eilish convinced Oscar De La Renta to stop selling fur

Teletubby

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8
16 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

I would never buy or wear fur, but I do wonder - if we are killing animals for food (which isn't going to stop any time soon), are we supposed to just throw the fur of the animal into the trash? 

Yes

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why fur is necessary. We're not cavepeople anymore.

I guess thats again a case of rich people sh*t

Not Funny No GIF

Dawn is near.

elijahfan
18 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

:huntyga: really? A teenager?

Joan of Arc came to prominence at 16 and died at 19. Don’t underestimate teenagers :ohwell:

InTheCloset
6 minutes ago, DekiDopa said:

I don't understand why fur is necessary. We're not cavepeople anymore.

I guess thats again a case of rich people sh*t

Not Funny No GIF

i know fur is bad and everyone will haunt me after this, but it is expensive and has been glamourized by the rich. i just once want to own a very very expensive fur coat. 

im probably not ever getting rich so dont come for me please

The abyss stares back

Anveeroy
16 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Joan of Arc came to prominence at 16 and died at 19. Don’t underestimate teenagers :ohwell:

Let's stream 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

littlepotter
1 hour ago, thehanyo said:

I would never buy or wear fur, but I do wonder - if we are killing animals for food (which isn't going to stop any time soon), are we supposed to just throw the fur of the animal into the trash? 

58 minutes ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

omg mte , we can eat them but not use the fur or leather??

Do you eat foxes and minks?

chaeri pls

littlepotter
26 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

Those are the only animals with fur?

I'm not sure where you are getting at; the animals we primarily eat are poultry, cows and fish. None of them have wearable fur. They are clearly referring to animals who are killed for their fur, not for their meat with the fur being a by-product.

chaeri pls

2 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

The animals we kill for food are not the same we wear :huntyga:

What about leather though? I have no idea whether the cows killed for food are the same used to make leather, just wondering.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

thehanyo
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

I'm not sure where you are getting at; the animals we primarily eat are poultry, cows and fish. None of them have wearable fur. They are clearly referring to animals who are killed for their fur, not for their meat with the fur being a by-product.

We make leather out of cows, no? From what I've read, faux leather is non-biodegradable and horrible for the environment, whereas real leather is sustainable and decomposes easily. I'm just saying if we're eating cows, then taking the hide to make leather is an efficiency.

Of course, I fully believe that the world should move toward veganism and stop eating meat. I just think that until that happens, we should be as sustainable as possible.

littlepotter
Just now, thehanyo said:

We make leather out of cows, no? From what I've read, faux leather is non-biodegradable and horrible for the environment, whereas real leather is sustainable and decomposes easily. I'm just saying if we're eating cows, then taking the hide to make leather is an efficiency.

Of course, I fully believe that the world should move toward veganism and stop eating meat. I just think that until that happens, we should be as sustainable as possible.

The article, or your original comment, never mentioned anything except fur :huh:

chaeri pls

thehanyo
1 minute ago, littlepotter said:

The article, or your original comment, never mentioned anything except fur :huh:

Fair enough. I guess in my mind leather is the fur of cows. But if no one is arguing against that, then my bad!

Blastertoyo
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

Actually cow fur and calf hair are very commonly used by retailers and dyed to look like other animal prints 

please enlighten me to death

Archived