Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

AOC at the Met Gala: "Tax the rich"

Werk

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Y’all this is a politician :neyde: she’s not gonna show up in Iris Van Herpen tf

i wish she had shown up in something that represented american immigrant or black culture or just a really beautiful look from an up and coming american designer. would have been a much better statement than this.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatica Island

Oh and Kim Petras' look was ugly asf as well

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

holy scheisse
3 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

"Tax the rich but let me have a fancy ass dinner with them first ahah" :bear:

Gotta change the system from within unless us plebs plan an uprising :lolly:

G U C C I

I saw an interesting take on Twitter saying that she makes a hell of an ironic point: wearing this to one of the fanciest parties of the year that caters to the rich because at the end of the day them paying their fair share will never prevent them from doing what they’ve always done or stop people from watching them parade their personal wealth around. 

alsemanche
Just now, Enigma said:

“The rich” is the billionaires and corporations, not celebs 

nah the rich is both, including the huge fashion monsters whose events she's attending because she was invited to them. The statement is dumb af in this context. But I guess she got her SLAY QUEEN OKURT END POVERTY!!! reactions 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

holy scheisse
1 minute ago, rojo said:

Hypocritical would be to say tax the rich but not say anything while attending an event for rich people. This is the opposite. She is consistently saying the same unapologetically

Thank u MTE

1 minute ago, reysus said:

i wish she had shown up in something that represented american immigrant or black culture or just a really beautiful look from an up and coming american designer. would have been a much better statement than this.

The “equality representation uwu” message is cute but that’s what literally everyone was doing, and it’s kinda shallow after a while. Tax the rich is a direct offense to the right wing and elite who are the real problem. It’s a message with way more guts.

Chlorine Sevigny
3 minutes ago, reysus said:

She is with the designer at the Met who is a black woman. 

Chromatography
18 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Corny and it looks bad. And this is coming from a Marxist. 

I like her overall and I agree with the sentiment, but the idea of showing up to a costume party for insanely wealthy people and saying "maybe tax rich people more please" on a fancy dress feels more... ridiculous than it does subversive. :rip:

feels very un-self aware. almost mocking. 

Healed My Heart
8 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Sweetie, you ARE the rich. Your pockets should be the first ones emptied. 

"In her most recent financial disclosure, filed in September 2020, Ocasio-Cortez reported between $2,003 and $31,000 in assets, compared with student loan debt of between $15,000 and $50,000."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/6924378002

She/her 💗💜💙

7 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

nah the rich is both, including the huge fashion monsters whose events she's attending because she was invited to them. The statement is dumb af in this context. But I guess she got her SLAY QUEEN OKURT END POVERTY!!! reactions 

Unless you’re a literal communist (nothing wrong with that) there’s nothing hypocritical about this. Her ideology believes it’s ok for people to become millionaires as artists or whatever. What she doesn’t believe in is BILlionnaires and getting rich through exploitative business. She also believes both these categories should be heavily taxed. So no, AOC does not believe rich people shouldn’t have rich people events. There are no ethical billionaires, but there can be ethical millionaires according to her and others.

She said tax the rich, not stop the rich from existing.

12 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

"Tax the rich but let me have a fancy ass dinner with them first ahah" :bear:

this this this 

she is sooo lame

JohnnyVersace
10 minutes ago, reysus said:

She attended with the young, black, American designer of Brother Vellies, Aurora James, who founded the 15 Percent Pledge during BLM last summer. 

Some of y'all really need to start using Google before you post, because it's coming off as real ignorant. 

holy scheisse
24 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Corny and it looks bad. And this is coming from a Marxist. 

I like her overall and I agree with the sentiment, but the idea of showing up to a costume party for insanely wealthy people and saying "maybe tax rich people more please" on a fancy dress feels more... ridiculous than it does subversive. :rip:

Youre imparting bias by making her sound timid and passive with the way you paraphrased the actual message of the dress and the content of her interviews thus far

6 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

She attended with the young, black, American designer of Brother Vellies, Aurora James, who founded the 15 Percent Pledge during BLM last summer. 

Some of y'all really need to start using Google before you post, because it's coming off as real ignorant. 

....I watched her interview and explanation live. the dress was ugly and the statement on the back made it worse, so I stand by this. I understand she was there because of the 15% pledge with vogue, but it all fell flat and now she's getting skewered by right and left wingers alike. 

Archived