other

Grace Randolph says HoG “isn’t that great”

rawrimamonster

Featured Posts

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Future Lovers

I will say that what she's probably been spoken to about was a rough cut of the film and those, like the name implies, are usually far from the film in it's final and best form. That being said, it is quite possible that in this early cut there are some issues being noticed and those can sometimes be cleaned up in editing but I would say that going in with sky high expectations will lead to disappointment. Ridley Scott is one of those directors who when he hits the mark, he hits it dead on, but when he misses he misses. He's a pretty inconsistent director to have as many classics to his name as he does so I wouldn't go in expecting a masterpiece. That doesn't mean that it won't be one or can't be one, just don't let expectation run away with you because even a great film can sometimes not meet sky high expectations. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS
2 hours ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

Could be a reason why they haven't started the promo campaign yet? They've just missed the perfect opportunity to promote HoG with Gaga and Adam Driver at Met Gala. :oprah:

honestly if she showed up to the met it wouldn’t have been to promote anything. not even L4S. Movie promo isn’t the same as music promo. they will not need to do much at least for another month 

Galagala
5 hours ago, mamo said:

I would take this with a pinch of salt - let's wait until the reviews come out.

They said the same about the early cut of A Star Is Born so it could have just been that. 

Umm.. actually without Gaga's music, ASIB is not that a great film. I can totally understand why it underperformed in GG and Oscars (no editing nom and no direction nom).

Reality
2 hours ago, Chromatography said:

“youtuber and entertainment critic”

so...a youtuber with opinions about movies? ok. everyone’s a movie critic it seems. :partysick:

She is a legit critic

🃏🖤👹

Patriziaa Reggiani

Well there were some really really bad reviews from the early screening of ASIB I remember, people taking about its bad pacing and what not, and we all know how it turned out. So let's just wait for official screenings and Promo cycle to start. I've faith in the movie and Gaga.

I will not watch House of Gucci

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Galagala said:

Umm.. actually without Gaga's music, ASIB is not that a great film. I can totally understand why it underperformed in GG and Oscars (no editing nom and no direction nom).

Eh, that's a subjective point of view. I like ASIB, but I do think it has some weaknesses (way too focused on Bradley's character). However, objectively it was critically acclaimed and did really well in the awards circuit (even without the director nod).

IMO if HOG isn't that great...I doubt it's the story or even the acting or the script. It's probably mostly on Ridley, as he has a habit of making "so so" films. The problems with the Last Duel seemed to mostly be around the direction.

mindintransit

People who have seen unreleased movies love to post about it on film sites. They're very proud that they've seen something no one else has seen. They love telling everyone! I had doubts about this story because no one on any film site has claimed to have seen any of HoG. It doesn't matter anyway. The film writers who do awards prediction are all looking forward to HoG. The movie and Gaga are definitely in the awards conversation. Another best actress nomination would be incredible!
Regarding film festivals - it was never expected to be ready for any film festivals. It only finished filming in May! There are other big movies that won't be ready in time for festivals. The directors are just focused on November / December. We're really blessed that HoG will happen this year - so many movies that were expected in 2021 were moved to 2022.
I've also heard that the screenplay is very good. A beautiful, glamorous couple, hired killers, vicious family infighting. It's going to be a fascinating movie. Ridley, Gaga, Adam Driver, Al Pacino, Jared Leto, Jeremy Irons, Camille Cottin, Salma Hayek, Jack Huston, Reeve Carney. Trust them.
HoG is opening in the US Thanksgiving weekend. Only in theaters. With many movies immediately going to streaming, MGM believes in HoG. Gaga put up a photo and broke the internet. I think that people who love movies are looking forward to HoG. I can hardly wait.

Galagala
2 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Eh, that's a subjective point of view. I like ASIB, but I do think it has some weaknesses (way too focused on Bradley's character). However, objectively it was critically acclaimed and did really well in the awards circuit (even without the director nod).

IMO if HOG isn't that great...I doubt it's the story or even the acting or the script. It's probably mostly on Ridley, as he has a habit of making "so so" films. The problems with the Last Duel seemed to mostly be around the direction.

It's definitely about the direction...

Tinnitus15

Well we shall see..I know it was finished some months ago,but I’m concerned if the movie will be at some film festivals..We saw how Kristen is now the most likely to win an Oscar,only from the Venice festival..I hope we have London in the promo,cuz there’s not that much time left 

flyaway

Ok guys, calm down.

Those are unconfirmed rumours. We'll find out when the first official reviews appear.

And if the rumours turn out to be true and the film is PANNED, we'll blame it all on Patrizia Reggiani

maxresdefault.jpg

If she hadn't had her husband murdered, Gaga woudn't have a Razzie

It's too early to tell but I have a feeling since day one that HOG could get mixed reviews. Gaga's performance will get praised tho.

14 hours ago, mamo said:

I would take this with a pinch of salt - let's wait until the reviews come out.

They said the same about the early cut of A Star Is Born so it could have just been that. 

as someone who saw it early, can confirm. The audience testing REALLY helped the film out. Idk if Gucci is doing it at all because of COVID, but if it is, I imagine it could be similarly helped by it. Also worth noting most Oscar films are a quick edit away from hot mess or movie of the year lol

DoremonLove

Well ill wait to watch and judge myself. And i really really hope tht gaga gets her acting oscar so she can do normal movies without much oscar expectations bcoz im tired of the same oscar buzz movies. I just want to see acting. Even if hog isnt good im sure im gonna enjoy watching gaga. :ohwell:

How can anoyone not love gaga

Archived