💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Grace Randolph says HoG “isn’t that great”

rawrimamonster

Featured Posts

MadreMonster

And I don’t care :yennefer: I’m guessing it won’t be the best movie this year but I’m excited for its campiness

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GovernmentHookah

She also talked **** about Chromatica when it first came out saying something along the lines of it being too similar to Madonna in one of her videos from last year. :fthis:

Reality
2 hours ago, Applepear said:

Not all of yall saying you knew it was bad from the trailer because of a 3 second clip without a real source 💀 I’m sure it could flop but the instant shift is ridiculous 

No one here is saying that the movie is bad. We don't know, we haven't seen it nor do any of us have insiders who work on/with people on the set.

Trailers give you an indication of the movie's story and tone. You can decipher whether you think a movie is good or bad from the trailer; people do it all the time, this isn't a new concept.

Grace has real sources, I've been following her for years. Having "real sources" in Hollywood actually isn't as difficult as people think it is, especially when you are in the business.

🖤👹

Chromatican

I’m thinking it’ll get mixed to positive reception (75 on Rotten Tomatoes and 68 on Metacritic type reviews). 

Chromatican
Just now, Reality said:

No one here is saying that the movie is bad. We don't know, we haven't seen it nor do any of us have insiders who work on/with people on the set.

Trailers give you an indication of the movie's story and tone. You can decipher whether you think a movie is good or bad from the trailer; people do it all the time, this isn't a new concept.

Grace has real sources, I've been following her for years. Having "real sources" in Hollywood actually isn't as difficult as people think it is, especially when you are in the business.

You can’t tell whether or not a movie is good or bad based on a trailer girl. Half of the time trailers include scenes not even in the final cut of the film. I don’t trust trailers as a be all end all. 

Reality
1 hour ago, mindintransit said:

I spend way too much time reading about movies from people working in the industry, critics, reporters, pundits. I've never heard of Grace Randolph. I had to look her up and there were comments that she has a tendency not to rely on credible sources. I just find it hard to believe that Ridley and Giannina showed an unfinished HoG to someone who then talked about it to a youtuber. Really? I haven't read anywhere even a hint that anyone has seen HoG. The conversation everywhere is that three movies – HoG, Nightmare Alley and Licorice Pizza - that are serious award contenders weren't sent to festivals because they are still in post production. Even people with industry connections are just waiting for them to be released. There are all kinds of games played at this time of year with the movies that will be award contenders starting to appear. The people who matter don't pay attention. They're just looking forward seeing lots of movies in the next few months. HoG is definitely highly anticipated, an award contender, and Gaga is going to be great.

I feel like a lot of people know Grace. For better or for worse. :shrug: She's a pretty prominent critic, but she's definitely the kind of person you really hate or really love.  

Her source could be someone who works on the movie or someone who knows someone who works on the movie. Getting through sources in Hollywood, if you work in the industry/business, is fairly easy to do.

I'm sure HoG will be fine, and I'm at least sure that Gaga will be great in the film, but she does legitimately have sources.

🖤👹

Reality
4 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

You can’t tell whether or not a movie is good or bad based on a trailer girl. Half of the time trailers include scenes not even in the final cut of the film. I don’t trust trailers as a be all end all. 

People have literally been judging movies based on their trailers all the time, what are you talking about?

"Oh, 'x' Marvel movie is coming out! The trailer looks really cool!"
"That new Matrix movie looked interesting, I wonder how it connects to the other films."
"The new trailer for that indie movie looks good, I might go see it!"

Sure, you can't 100% judge a movie based on the trailer, but the literal job of a trailer is to get people excited and anticipated about the movie. The job of a trailer is to get a reaction out of people—whether that is positive or negative is subjective. 

🖤👹

thatfoxyfeeling

Could be a reason why they haven't started the promo campaign yet? They've just missed the perfect opportunity to promote HoG with Gaga and Adam Driver at Met Gala. :oprah:

Chromatican
Just now, Reality said:

People have literally been judging movies based on their trailers all the time, what are you talking about?

"Oh, x Marvel movie is coming out! The trailer looks really cool!"
"That new Matrix movie looked interesting, I wonder how it connects to the other films."
"The new trailer for that indie movie looks good, I might go see it!"

Sure, you can't 100% judge a movie based on the trailer, but the literal job of a trailer is to get people excited and anticipated about the movie. The job of a trailer is to get a reaction out of people—whether that is positive or negative is subjective. 

Obviously the job of a trailer is to get excitement up for a movie, but you’re acting like you can judge a movie based on a two minute trailer…which is illogical. The HoG trailer received positive reactions, but the movie could still suck. If you go into a discussion of a movie and you’ve only seen the trailer you’ll be laughed out of the conversation. 

Reality
4 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

but you’re acting like you can judge a movie based on a two minute trailer…which is illogical.

So, did you just choose to close your eyes when you got to the part where I wrote, "Sure, you can't 100% judge a movie based on the trailer"?

🖤👹

Chromatography

“youtuber and entertainment critic”

so...a youtuber with opinions about movies? ok. everyone’s a movie critic it seems. :partysick:

2 hours ago, Siena said:

and just a month ago someone who read the entire script said it was the best family drama script they’d read in a loooooong time. ASIB received mixed reviews before it premiered at the festivals and we all see how that went 

The script is very entertaining!  But I’m expecting the actual movie to get either really great or really bad reviews.  

ConnorFilm

She's very on or off with her sources, but she's been fairly correct in the last year. 

She knew the trailer drop dates for big studio films such as Spider-Man Far From Home, she was right about Wonder Woman 1984's medicore/mixed reaction (she said for months that the movie wasn't going to be nearly as good), etc.

However, she recently said Bane was going to show up in the Suicide Squad spin-off "Peacemaker" show on HBOMAX, and James Gunn responded on Twitter saying that was completely inaccurate. She's also said that Robert Pattinson and the director of the new Batman movie have been at each others throats, but they were just spotted at the WB lot having fun and being friendly? 

IDK. We shall see. I don't see HOG getting panned, but I could see it getting a very mellow reaction, like 56-71% on RT.

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

LilyLark

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me (and I usually think fans on here are way too negative). The fact that the film isn't at any of the big festivals is concerning. Sure, it wasn't ready for Venice but I thought it would be at NYFF. Plus, Ridley...doesn't not have a great track record and the Last Duel (which he finished right before HOG) seems to be in the same vein. That said, while his track record isn't great he doesn't make true stinkers (usually films that just aren't...that great....)...so Gaga's acting career won't be hurt.

Then again, on the maybe it's not so bad side there are several decent signs. Firstly, they haven't changed the release date (which is smack dab in the middle of awards season). Secondly, NYFF often does add on films at the last minute...so it could certainly show up there in the long run. Lastly, there hasn't been any bad buzz besides Grace (and Grace isn't the most reliable).

Anyway, I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up in the 62-75% range on RT and Gaga snags a Golden Globe nom with it making a lot of money (it looks like a crowd pleaser)....which is fine (but I'm sure some fans/antis will deem it a flop if it doesn't get nominated for a million Oscars).

androiduser
4 hours ago, the Devil of Pop said:

So now reviewers don't even have to actually see the movie to write a review? :coffee: Not a review. Just obvious grifting off Gaga's name for clicks.

she didn't even mention Gaga in the title, she answered a question and took 3 seconds talking about the movie.

Archived