💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Grace Randolph says HoG “isn’t that great”

rawrimamonster

Featured Posts

LOVE JUNKIE

tbh ASIB wasn't really for me and I don't think HoG will really be for me either. The cast is mostly men who I don't particularly care for, but there's no doubt in my mind that Gaga will give a great performance and I'm more than happy to buy a ticket for that alone.

on a three day bender

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I don't believe in youtubers at all... I've got the feeling that a lot of them say controversial opinions on hot topic, and do cheap drama just for attention. Look at their title captions!!! 

Meredith Grey

Even if the movie is badly received- that doesn’t mean Gaga will be! There are always movie reviews that trash the movie but say that one or two actors were the only enjoyable part of the movie. Plus, we’ve only seen one trailer. As long as the actors did a good job and they listen to the reviews from early screening they could fix it anyway. So hopefully Ridley Scott doesn’t pull an M. Night Shamalan lol

JusKeepBreathin

What worries me is that she said it very matter of factly. She wasn't too negative at all. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I expect quality, she will deliver. Again. 

C'mon! She is Lady F Gaga! 

She would never ever allow a bad movie or performance to see the light of day. She would just sent the film roll to an abandoned and dessert place like chromatica.

JusKeepBreathin
16 minutes ago, Nicklev said:

Sorry I don't believe in youtubers at all... I've got the feeling that a lot of them say controversial opinions on hot topic, and do cheap drama just for attention. Look at their title captions!!! 

She was answering questions and just answered a question. She wasn't even negative.  The whole video has nothing to do about HoG.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Borisapillar
1 hour ago, Aloe said:

That’s the risk of working with Ridley who isn’t that great of a director 

Oh you missed Blade Runner, then?

Borisapillar
4 minutes ago, Nicklev said:

I expect quality, she will deliver. Again. 

C'mon! She is Lady F Gaga! 

She would never ever allow a bad movie or performance to see the light of day. She would just sent the film roll to an abandoned and dessert place like chromatica.

Gaga has no control on whether this film is released or not, which it will be, of course.

and just a month ago someone who read the entire script said it was the best family drama script they’d read in a loooooong time. ASIB received mixed reviews before it premiered at the festivals and we all see how that went 

pls, the hot takes I see on film twitter and youtube about what is and isn't a "great" movie... :smh:

I'll wait to see it myself

mindintransit

I spend way too much time reading about movies from people working in the industry, critics, reporters, pundits. I've never heard of Grace Randolph. I had to look her up and there were comments that she has a tendency not to rely on credible sources. I just find it hard to believe that Ridley and Giannina showed an unfinished HoG to someone who then talked about it to a youtuber. Really? I haven't read anywhere even a hint that anyone has seen HoG. The conversation everywhere is that three movies – HoG, Nightmare Alley and Licorice Pizza - that are serious award contenders weren't sent to festivals because they are still in post production. Even people with industry connections are just waiting for them to be released. There are all kinds of games played at this time of year with the movies that will be award contenders starting to appear. The people who matter don't pay attention. They're just looking forward seeing lots of movies in the next few months. HoG is definitely highly anticipated, an award contender, and Gaga is going to be great.

rawrimamonster
50 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

tbh ASIB wasn't really for me and I don't think HoG will really be for me either. The cast is mostly men who I don't particularly care for, but there's no doubt in my mind that Gaga will give a great performance and I'm more than happy to buy a ticket for that alone.

While personally I did enjoy ASIB, I didn’t care for the men in it either. She’s basically done two movies where’s she’s the Smurfette in an ensemble of men. Hope she can be in a movie with some more women. 

LateToCult

We’ll find out very soon if it’s awards worthy. The big fall festivals will be over within a month and if they don’t submit HoG we’ll have our answer. 

RichAssPiss

I'm predicting it will be a mixed review movie like Respect or The Eyes of Tammy Faye. Biopics usually are. It's positioned as a commercial play at Thanksgiving. The awards push seems secondary. If we're lucky Gaga gets a second nomination. But she's not a serious contender to win, I kind of think Frances McDormand might shock everyone by winning back to back with the narrative that she'll tie Katharine Hepburn. Or possibly K. Stew if Spencer pulls though. Although I really hope Tessa Thompson breaks through for Passing. 

1 hour ago, Borisapillar said:

Oh you missed Blade Runner, then?

He’s hit and miss. I look forward to seeing how he directs jared’s performance 

Archived