💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Chromatica more relevant than ARTPOP?

Klonoa

Featured Posts

Andrea B
Just now, bloody grammys said:

analysis and articles are still being written about ARTPOP, if you think anyone is going to write about chromatica in eight years you're delusional

They write the same damn article every year to get the attention of the gays and fans:partysick: they just want some clicks, if you think buzzfeed or any other media that writes quick articles that almost everyone ignores proves your point then you're delusional. 

Chromatica is more relevant than ARTPOP, I love both albums but its a fact that Chromatica will be remembered in eight years thanks to its relevance WW. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michael Polansky

If Im being honest I think Chromatica simply because of the Ariana collab and the BLACKPINK collab as well.

ARTPOP is my favorite but its something that an outsider could not name any song outside of Applause. 

ARTPOP is an album more talked about among the fanbase and is pretty unknown to the public. 

Chromatica is pretty well known due to the big collabs it had and it wasn't layered in controversy to the point it buried the public's sight of the actual album (ARTPOP). 

However that being said due to the rise of recognition of ARTPOP (as of recently) I think since Gaga is in a pretty controversy free place now if she dropped something along the lines of Act II or something related to ARTPOP it could make enough noise to make the album stand out more than it did originally.

Example the remix album made people revisit the original making it rechart.

As of now though Chromatica

Thats my analysis

-Michael Polansky

Live Love Laugh -Michael

bloody g
6 minutes ago, Andrea Nicole said:

They write the same damn article every year to get the attention of the gays and fans:partysick: they just want some clicks, if you think buzzfeed or any other media that writes quick articles that almost everyone ignores proves your point then you're delusional. 

Chromatica is more relevant than ARTPOP, I love both albums but its a fact that Chromatica will be remembered in eight years thanks to its relevance WW. 

no point in trying to debate with someone as rude, your sass is impressing no one

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

I think ARTPOP was far less relevant to the music scene in 2013 than Chromatica was in 2020. Chromatica, thanks largely to its timing, will always be one of the albums of the start of the pandemic. ARTPOP, aside from its infamous chaos, gets lost amongst a bunch of huge releases in 2013.

But they're similar in that they each produced 1 hit and 1 midchart single. Applause and Rain On Me had, more or less, a similar impact on the chart (and within their years too – Applause was 37 on the year end, ROM 48). Stupid Love and DWUW are also of comparable size.

I think in the long run, it's honestly probably a wash. They're both more relevant than Joanne, but not more relevant than her first three albums.

As an aside, I think people underestimate ARTPOP's infamous-ness – causing a polarizing reaction is not the same as being unknown. ARTPOP and Chromatica had super similar commercial performances, it was really just the way people reacted to them that was different.

Andrea B
Just now, bloody grammys said:

no point in trying to debate with someone as rude, your sass is impressing no one

Honey, you were being ''sassy'' in your original comment and when you replied to me as well, but I guess its ok when you do it... got it, ARTPOP fan:partysick: 

Andrea B
Just now, Andrea Nicole said:

Honey, you were being ''sassy'' in your original comment and when you replied to me as well, but I guess its ok when you do it... got it, ARTPOP fan:partysick: 

edit: anyway sorry if I ofended you. 

I still think that Chromatica will be bigger than ARTPOP in 8 years. 

flyaway

Let's be honest. The GP won't remember any of them. 

Gaga will always be known for TF to BTW eras and the ASIB era as well. And maybe more GP friendly stuff to come (Including her duet with Adele) 

To be fair I don’t think the GP knows much of anything about either album tbh. Unless it’s BTW or TF/TFM they don’t know her :spin: I’m willing to bet if you asked a random person on the street to tell you who made ARTPOP and Chromatica they wouldn’t know unless they were Monsters or close to one

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

elijahfan

I mean, realistically speaking, none... If you conducted a poll in the street, I'm pretty sure most people would have no idea what ARTPOP or Chromatica are (as demonstrated by basically no one getting my ARTPOP tattoo or my Chromatica necklace).

It's really no shade on my part, Gaga is undoubtedly one of the most famous persons in the world, but I'm just not sure people are that up-to-date with her discography outside of pop culture stans.

EDIT: oh damn, I thought that would be an unpopular opinion so I proceeded with caution, but I see many of you are actually agreeing.

alsemanche

idk what relevant means here but

ARTPOP has already aged better. i already barely listen to chromatica anymore. and ARTPOP is overall a much better album :flower:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Mother of Puppies

Chromatica because it's the better album. :vegas:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

I think Chromatica is very relevant to right now, but I don't think it will age better than ARTPOP

Idk, ARTPOP seems more iconic but Chromatica has left a big impression especially because it came during pandemic.. 

I guess we have to wait and see :enigma:

I mean the fact that pop heads and music critics still talk about it 8 years later while a newer album like Joanne gets considerably less attention tells you that ARTPOP has and will continue to have lasting impact.

You basically can’t talk about her career without mentioning ARTPOP, and when she’s dead every career retrospective will have to inevitably dedicate a chapter to the ARTPOP era, while other albums might get only brief mentions.

Only time will tell if Chromatica has more or less impact than ARTPOP, but I’m inclined to say that it will fade from memory quicker.

Chromatica didn’t really reinvigorate her career nor did it damage it, it offered very little of mention to her catalogue and it had an uneventful era. People can’t stop talking about it now that it’s new, but will we have much to talk about in 20 years?, I don’t think so.

Archived