💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ROM Arca Remix - What Happened??

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

*If you like the remix, great. But there's a percentage of fans that really did not enjoy it. If you did, please be constructive and don't just comment "lack of taste" or sum. We'll just assume you can't read :huntyga:*

So sistren, what happened?! Easily one of the most memorable and banging tracks on Chromatica became a forgettable mess and a skip, imo. The remix lacks any type of structure, even after repeated listens I'm unable to connect with what they were going for.

What are your thoughts? Why do you think Arca took this route? Have you changed your mind since your first listen? 

Help me understand how this made it on the same album as Free Woman ft. Rina and Replay ft. Dorian...

Gordon Ramsay Smh GIF by FOX TV

flavor of love wtf GIF

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlowLoris

Arca took that route because it's her style.  

You've listened to her other stuff, I assume?  IM moreso slightly confused that you seem surprised by the "lack of structure".  It's how most of Arca's music is.... experimental and noisy.

I of course don't think you have to like it hahaha.  But this route didn't shock me at all.

Flippy

I hated it :bradley: I really tried to give it more listens but I just couldn’t. 
If people like it, good. In my opinion is a total skip and I pray that I never have to listen to that again. The random lyrics don’t match the song at all :ohwell:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

lilboyblue

Wish it didn't have those skipping sort of effects, but I like it! So unique and flavorful. And when it breaks to that tropical rhythm... so gooood

tyler k
22 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

a forgettable mess and a skip, imo. The remix lacks any type of structure

it's funny you say there's no structure bc there's very clearly one.

while i'll totally admit that it's a very different approach, but just because you don't connect with it means it's a forgettable mess & a skip.

personally, I think this remix this gorgeous & so euphoric. it's very experimental but an really beautiful take that still works through the same themes of the song but sonically, abstractly, yeah it's not for everyone and that's okay. but it's not a forgettable mess & a skip in any way.

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

BleepBloop

Have you even listened to any of her music? Because in that case, you wouldn’t be asking this…Arca does deconstructed club all the time, so nothing out of the ordinary happened

badfaith

I've grown on it a little bit. Seems more like a vibing type of sound or the one best played with headphones in the dark while you close your eyes :vegas:

alsemanche

I love Arca and her work but yeah i don't get this one either. I get what she was aiming for (to a certain extent) after some listens, but I feel like the remix is lacking something to make it click. I felt like the Time sample was a weird choice too.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

beaublue
8 minutes ago, tmo13 said:

it's funny you say there's no structure bc there's very clearly one.

while i'll totally admit that it's a very different approach, but just because you don't connect with it means it's a forgettable mess & a skip.

personally, I think this remix this gorgeous & so euphoric. it's very experimental but an really beautiful take that still works through the same themes of the song but sonically, abstractly, yeah it's not for everyone and that's okay. but it's not a forgettable mess & a skip in any way.

Well yes actually, because they don’t like the song it has become a skip FOR THEM. They very clearly said in the OP that they want opinions on why others didn’t like it. If it’s a skip for them then it’s a skip, it’s actually that simple.

Andrea B
2 minutes ago, MonsterPug said:

The remix sucked and she didn’t take advantage of the opportunity that she got. It’s facts. The remix is mediocre. Like arca thought it was a regular remix and did the minimum. 

Why are you assuming what Arca thought? I don't even like her music nor the ROM remix, but its a FACT that its Arca's style.  

What she did was amazing, Gaga is very lucky to have Arca's name attached to her music. 

When Arca was announced what did you expect? :billie:  something like teenage dream? :partysick:

MonsterPug
2 minutes ago, Andrea Nicole said:

Why are you assuming what Arca thought? I don't even like her music nor the ROM remix, but its a FACT that its Arca's style.  

What she did was amazing, Gaga is very lucky to have Arca's name attached to her music. 

When Arca was announced what did you expect? :billie:  something like teenage dream? :partysick:

3 minutes ago, Andrea Nicole said:

Mételo sácalo mételo sácalo 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived