đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ROM Arca Remix - What Happened??

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

elijahfan
3 hours ago, AUARAOFSHEISSE said:

was Arca just being lazy by sampling all those songs or was she just making an artistic choice?

I don't believe artists were given much time to submit their work, so it makes sense. Lil Texas said the Sine From Above remix literally had to materialize in a little over 2 days.

Arca also described this remix as an extension and closing chapter to her kick i album, so it's definitely a conscious artistic choice as well.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tyler k
11 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I appreciate it for what it is and I don't always skip it, but if I'm looking to dance I skip this and Fun Tonight.

totally fair! it's definitely not for everyone! 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Absolutely love this remix, it uplifts the song from its Earthly, deeply human bonds to cosmic proportions in the best way: makes it even more euphoric, light, dream, and trancelike. The macalo saccalo are a little jarring but now I find myself looking forward to that little breakdown and rolling my R lol

BlingNotTheMusic
3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

The OP literally used a gif calling the remix a "disgusting, festering mess". Sounded pretty close minded to me.

Y'all chilllllllllllllll we are all allowed opinions and you know the humor on this site is crazy. I literally searched "mess" and picked one of the first ones lol

elijahfan
Just now, WheresMy911Alice said:

Y'all chilllllllllllllll we are all allowed opinions and you know the humor on this site is crazy. I literally searched "mess" and picked one of the first ones lol

Fair enough :laughga: But hey, you asked for our opinions so don't poke the bear I guess :trollga:

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, Toph said:

it uplifts the song from its Earthly, deeply human bonds to cosmic proportions in the best way: makes it even more euphoric, light, dream, and trancelike.

Hmmm maybe I need something stronger than @weed to enjoy this remix ...

jean ralphio drugs GIF

tyler k
12 hours ago, lestyoufall said:

Well yes actually, because they don’t like the song it has become a skip FOR THEM. They very clearly said in the OP that they want opinions on why others didn’t like it. If it’s a skip for them then it’s a skip, it’s actually that simple.

still doesn't make it a "forgettable mess" 

also, it's not that serious:fan:

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

BlingNotTheMusic
6 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I don't believe artists were given much time to submit their work, so it makes sense. Lil Texas said the Sine From Above remix literally had to materialize in a little over 2 days.

Arca also described this remix as an extension and closing chapter to her kick i album, so it's definitely a conscious artistic choice as well.

QUEEEEEE

Bloodpop teased the remix album back in April, how tf did they only have 2 days :what:

BlingNotTheMusic
3 hours ago, elephanteric said:

This is more of a playback question, but when I listen on my headphones, the mixing seems really off -- it's super quiet compared to other songs on the album, and certain tracks on the song seems to jump from really quiet to more loud at random parts (vocals vs instruments). I think I would like it a lot more if it was mixed differently, does anyone else hear this when they play it back?

This also. The vocals and sound effects don't sync up at times and there's parts that are randomly off. It just reminds me of someone playing around with remix software and seeing what happens :bradley:

Anveeroy
16 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

The OP literally used a gif calling the remix a "disgusting, festering mess". Sounded pretty close minded to me.

And that OP's opinion- right? Why you are being triggered? You don't feel the song is being disgusting, festering mess- and OP is not asking you to feel that way, right? 

You biasedness towards the artist is showing, I would say. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

BleepBloop

Also @WheresMy911Alice stop talking about “constructivism” when you literally called the remix festering and disgusting. And all of your comments about how you’re thankful for people agreeing with you?? Embarassing.

All you did with this thread is create an echo chamber of negativity, just so you could confirm your biases and it’s honestly extremely low

Andrea B
4 hours ago, AUARAOFSHEISSE said:

The remix is way less structured than any of Arcas other work which even though it could be considered noisy it still flows like a wave. the remix (which I like) does not flow like Arca's work usually does, I would not mind the metalo secalo in any other Arca song but it does not go with ROM at all.

I think its still her style but I get your point 

gumzy3000

I only like the beginning of this song - those light instrumentals sound amazing and I enjoy the build up, but I hate everything that comes after unfortunately. 

trolly troll troll

Anveeroy

My lord, this is what religious people think about their religion- right? There are no way to say something about their scared saints, if you say so, you will be crucified. :cyanlights:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

BlingNotTheMusic
9 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

I only like the beginning of this song - those light instrumentals sound amazing and I enjoy the build up, but I hate everything that comes after unfortunately. 

His reaction starting at 4:56 is pretty much me :what:

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived