Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ROM Arca Remix - What Happened??

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

alsemanche
3 hours ago, alsemanche said:

I love Arca and her work but yeah i don't get this one either. I get what she was aiming for (to a certain extent) after some listens, but I feel like the remix is lacking something to make it click. I felt like the Time sample was a weird choice too.

okay listen 

LISTEN

I just put it on replay on my headphones and this remix actually SLAPS??? Idk what happened but it finally clicked and it... makes all the sense nnnn. I KNEW Arca wouldn't just f*ck up like that ugh her mind.... 

My only problem with it at this point is the tiny section of Arca vocals from Time (around 2:23). I wish they were lower a more distorted. But other than that?

MOVER EL CULO

wendy-williams-dancing.gif 

MOVER EL CULO

wendy-williams-dancing.gif 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread just shows that you have not listened to an arca song before DOC. And it’s fine to not like it. But asking what happened is funny.

Not you asking people who liked it to be respectful then you call it a mess.

what happened was bloodpop asked these artists to remix in their style (the point of a remix). And this is arca’s style, though tbh, I think this version is actually a little less frenetic than Arca can be so I guess a thank you is in order from stans lmao

The intention of the song was to capture the euphoria the song made people and Arca herself feel when listening to it during lockdown. That’s why it’s abstract; it isn’t supposed to be the track redone, it’s supposed to pay tribute to what the song meant for the queer community. Arca put Metelo Sacalo in there because that is one of their favorite club songs so, again, it’s basically Arca’s love letter to the song both in the global and deeply personal sense. The synths sampled from Time are light and sweet to really hit that message home.

So like it or don’t like it but y’all need to respect these artists more (I.e. being actually constructive and not calling something you don’t get a ‘mess’) because in this case they really put so much of their heart and soul into a remix and took their job super seriously here.

thehanyo
9 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

what happened was bloodpop asked these artists to remix in their style (the point of a remix). And this is arca’s style, though tbh, I think this version is actually a little less frenetic than Arca can be so I guess a thank you is in order from stans lmao

Nah, Arca just took a song she already released, sped it up, and laid Gaga's and Ariana's vocals over it. It's a bad remix and a bad track, regardless of Arca's style, because it's lazy.

alsemanche
5 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

Nah, Arca just took a song she already released, sped it up, and laid Gaga's and Ariana's vocals over it. It's a bad remix and a bad track, regardless of Arca's style, because it's lazy.

That was my initial reaction but that's actually not true. The sample is there, but there's a lot of additional production and beats over it + other samples + additional Arca vocals (+ their modifications) + the Gaga and Ari samples are modified in more than one place, looped, etc. And the Time sample is not present throughout the entire track either. This remix is FAR from lazy.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

To be completely honest, the remix reminds me of the music I can hear during euphoria, or after drugs. It expands on itself in a really natural, while artificial way. Where they take the song makes sense, and also doesn’t make sense. 

I get why people don’t like it, I didn’t love it on first listen. I do think that ariana’s verse (2nd verse) is very ethereal, very heavenly, and very good. I honestly wish the whole remix was focused on the soft piano. 

NichuuB
3 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

Maybe what's bad is your generic taste for music that only listen to mainstream regular pop sounds. 

And dont come at me saying that I'm being pretentious just because I said u "lack taste", cuz you're being worst, disrespecting someone work's calling it bad, even though lots of people here could already say why the dont like it without being rude. Arca's style is Avant-pop, it's not supposed to sound good or confortable. And no, I'm not a fan of her, and most musics from her i really think it's hard to listen, but thats no reason for insulting her work. If her music is so bad, why was she nominated for the Grammy's?

Property of @Whale

6 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

please be constructive and don't just comment "lack of taste" or sum

then proceeds to use a gif saying its "a disgusting, festering mess"...

flavor of love wtf GIF

1 hour ago, alsemanche said:

That was my initial reaction but that's actually not true. The sample is there, but there's a lot of additional production and beats over it + other samples + additional Arca vocals (+ their modifications) + the Gaga and Ari samples are modified in more than one place, looped, etc. And the Time sample is not present throughout the entire track either. This remix is FAR from lazy.

Thank you. It takes a LOT of work to get this remix to what it is. If people are ever curious why artists find it hard to be in the public eye, the treatment in this forum should be evidence alone. Being called lazy, messy, festering, etc. It’s like wow this is just plain mean. You don’t have to like it but in that case provide legitimate critique or just leave your negativity where it lies. Asking “what happened” to make this remix such a disaster is just mean regardless of your opinion of its quality 

For me, there's that wobbly effect in Gaga and Ariana's voice that sounds exactly like when your headphones are starting to fail.

Then that's that jerkiness/noise effect that lasts way too long. 

I do really like the new melody and build-up in the chorus though. 

CyanDante
16 minutes ago, Admin said:

You should all watch the visual and pay attention to every detail. It's art.

The visual is a cherry on the cake. It completely enhances that weird theatrical beauty that exists within the song. Made me love the song even more! :sara:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived