opinion

ROM Arca Remix - What Happened??

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darcklighter22

I mean I had heard of Arca before but knowing she was handling ROM I went to check our her work. This is exactly what I was expecting tbh.

BlingNotTheMusic
49 minutes ago, tmo13 said:

it's funny you say there's no structure bc there's very clearly one.

while i'll totally admit that it's a very different approach, but just because you don't connect with it means it's a forgettable mess & a skip.

personally, I think this remix this gorgeous & so euphoric. it's very experimental but an really beautiful take that still works through the same themes of the song but sonically, abstractly, yeah it's not for everyone and that's okay. but it's not a forgettable mess & a skip in any way.

Thank you for your detailed post and not just dragging me :huntyga:

I also just like to get people's opinions and perspectives when it comes to music. Especially music I did not vibe with. 

Maybe if this track (slower paced, more experimental) was towards the end or after the rush of SFA, I would have enjoyed it some more. But it was the third track and not to mention one of the top tracks on the OG album. 

I appreciate it for what it is and I don't always skip it, but if I'm looking to dance I skip this and Fun Tonight.

DoremonLove

Top 5 for me. Love it so much. :shrug:but my gf didn't like it so much tht she had to listn the original 10more times to get the remix out of her head:cryga:

How can anoyone not love gaga

lilboyblue

Tbf, I don't think there's topping the original production of Rain On Me so to have it remixed/deconstructed like how Arca did it is a good way to go. What I love about it is the exploration of different sounds, and to do that on a hit song such as ROM is a nice way to introduce people to Arca's style of music.

ROM also has a couple of dance remixes out already if that's the sort of thing you're looking for.

Patriziaa Reggiani

It's a Skip for me, ROM was like top 4 from Chromatica, I was so pumped for an equally explosive remix but the metalo secalo was ehh... Let's just say not my taste, I tried to give it a second chance but couldn't complete the song! Noise:mark:

I will not watch House of Gucci

Arca has her own specific production, so you can like it or not - nothing bad in both the position.
About the structure...the remix has it. Even if it doesn't look like it, Arca's music has structure. It's just that the interpolated song is very different from ROM, so it can be perceived as discordant.

Personally, I don't find the remix very easy to listen to - there's something "wrong" about it, but it's not atrocious. I didn't expect it to be THIS way, even if it's 100% Arca.

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

InTheCloset

ok so i dont know anything any music language so i'll explain it as best as i can. its definitely one of my top songs from the album.

first it starts with ari's vocals with the beat behind it. ari's vocals r very soft n they go very well with that beat. then gaga's part starts. the beat behind sounds really good. 

then almost in the mid at 2:24 there are im guessing arca's vocals. this part sounds really good. and the part before it is so good. where ari's solo verse ends and gaga and ari both sing.

then the part that starts at 3:19 with the specific beat starting at 3:33 is heavenly. with ari's vocals over it before finally arca's part. idk how else to explain it but this part specially from 3:33 sounds like when you just cant do something but you get this sudden hope, this inspiration, this longing and that makes you work all the way through and carry the task to completion. idk how else to explain it. i know this sounds cringey but this is the best possible way i could explain it. and the odd thing is i liked this song on the first listen.

i love this song. 

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset
3 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

ok so i dont know anything any music language so i'll explain it as best as i can. its definitely one of my top songs from the album.

first it starts with ari's vocals with the beat behind it. ari's vocals r very soft n they go very well with that beat. then gaga's part starts. the beat behind sounds really good. 

then almost in the mid at 2:24 there are im guessing arca's vocals. this part sounds really good. and the part before it is so good. where ari's solo verse ends and gaga and ari both sing.

then the part that starts at 3:19 with the specific beat starting at 3:33 is heavenly. with ari's vocals over it before finally arca's part. idk how else to explain it but this part specially from 3:33 sounds like when you just cant do something but you get this sudden hope, this inspiration, this longing and that makes you work all the way through and carry the task to completion. idk how else to explain it. i know this sounds cringey but this is the best possible way i could explain it. and the odd thing is i liked this song on the first listen.

i love this song. it is my personal view. u dont like it, nothing someone can do about it. no hate just diverse taste

The abyss stares back

Suspiria

The fact there's no structure is to be expected, that general style is what she does.

What I was disappointed by was that she didn't really make anything new for it. It was just a mashup of her own old songs with ROM, plus that metelo sacalo song.

I think it actually does sound pretty good for the most part, ethereal and beautiful. But the metelo sacalo sample ruins it a bit for me.

CyanDante

One of my favourites from the album for sure. It sounds surreal on the headphones :diane: Made me almost cry on the first listen, especially that godly outro.

ROM was easily one of the heavy hitters from the original album, so it made me more glad that it went in such a deconstructed interesting way. :firega:

But I can see why it might not be catering towards most people's taste, because I feel there is nothing mainstream about it. But it's definitely not a bad song in any shape or form. :legend:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

StarstruckIllusion

Wow this thread :/ I liked it from the start and its only gotten better whew 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived