💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Akon says rich and famous people struggle more than poor people

Teletubby

Featured Posts

TheSlash

Since when can Akon relate to being famous? I can see the rich, but where does the famous come from?

nick-young-question-marks.gif

Ew, David!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mother of Puppies

The thing is: Famous and rich people do not struggle because they are rich; they mostly struggle because they are famous.

Being rich is, most of the times, a side effect of having become famous in the first place. I doubt any of them would want to give away their money, because then they'd not only be famous but also poor at the same time and I think this is a deadly combination. :haroon:

I don't think they have any less problems than we; their problems are just not money related, which is, let's be honest, a big relieve. They struggle on a different level. So whenever they are talking about their struggles, just like Gaga is, these are not money problems obviously. A ot of them deal with things we deal with too and also with the fame, which we can't relate to, but I'm sure it's not easy. I would never want to be famous. Ew no thanks. I'd rather only be rich and unknown please.

So what do we all learn from this? Do not become rich and famous, become rich only. :huntyga:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

TortureMeOnReplay
2 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

You don't just magically wake-up and have a team of people that you need to pay. And you do pay them for services which means you are gaining in return. That it self is incomparable than lets say thinking of ways to feed yourself or your family especially when you are down the poverty line where you don't even have a source of income.

It's an ignorant thing to compare your responsibilities from getting an education or having a record label to the woes of the poor. Those are privilege which may secure a person for a better life. And if you think that having to deal with those privileges are  worst than the being dirt poor then I suggest taking up some Sociology classes while you're at it. 

And burglars preys on poor people as well.

"But is also paints a Target on your back for a lot of people." - you do know that "poor" people live in the slums where security is the least thing you can expect.

"I said the last part because we dismiss the rich and famous as somebody with less struggle than us"

---- because they have less degree of struggle than the poor people. Have you ever lived in a house where the bathroom, the bedroom and the kitchen are all just separated by clothes? and the walls were made of thin wood and just outside your house is a canal system  flowing with putrid wastes coming from the big house from an exclusive housing district :air: Imagine being in that situation then add the real life problems on top of it. 

" but at the end of the day they're human beings just the same."

---- and no one is disputing that.

Life is unfair. You probably know that. But to keep things simple, let's say in a world where everything is fair and a problem is exactly equal to another problem regardless of its nature. Then would you say that a rich person with a problem has the same if not more difficult disposition than a poor person with a problem? Logically speaking - no, because in this hypothetical word one person has something that the other person don't - which is money.

I'm shocked that some people here doesn't realize how powerful money is :air:

I mean there's a saying that Money makes the world go round and it exists for a reason. 

But people DO wake up one day and have a team. When they sign management contracts they get whole ass teams dedicated to essentially every portion of their lives. Those people are paid from advances or other sources that are most of the time expected to be paid back. There is pressure there. 

The funny thing is you're saying getting an education is a privilege. But it's "not". There are so many institutions waiting to prey on people who believe getting an education is just a "privilege" as it is labeled by society to still be making minimum wage when they're done getting an education. The funny thing is I do have a background in sociology and psychology, which leads me to my last little bit. 

I've never lived in the slums or been poor to some of the extent mentioned. I've also never had ridiculous loads of money or fame. But you say it is ignorant for the rich to say they have it worse than the poor, when really it's kind of ignorant to say one side has it worse than the other in either scenario.  Fame and money do buy you things. And poor people most of the time want money because they think it will solve all their problems. But at some point money creates its own set of issues, because at the end of the day we are all human and you having money doesn't stop your thoughts or stop others from being malicious towards you. My argument overall is that there isn't enough compassion, and no way of really understanding the other's side. 

pachinko
2 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

I would love to pay off my 6 digits student loans if u don't want to be rich anymore sir :awesome:

I wouldn't go to school if my loans were that high. Haha. 

pussycat

Lmao his voice i have to laugh :selena: but he's right tho.... like imagine choosing what 400k jewel to buy? Deciding what car to drive everyday... Thats so much pressure :kara: Poor guy but remember you are not alone akon! :heart: Just irrelevant and musty ass looking but youre not alone :heart:

FFXIV WhiteMage
25 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

But people DO wake up one day and have a team. When they sign management contracts they get whole ass teams dedicated to essentially every portion of their lives. Those people are paid from advances or other sources that are most of the time expected to be paid back. There is pressure there. 

The funny thing is you're saying getting an education is a privilege. But it's "not". There are so many institutions waiting to prey on people who believe getting an education is just a "privilege" as it is labeled by society to still be making minimum wage when they're done getting an education. The funny thing is I do have a background in sociology and psychology, which leads me to my last little bit. 

I've never lived in the slums or been poor to some of the extent mentioned. I've also never had ridiculous loads of money or fame. But you say it is ignorant for the rich to say they have it worse than the poor, when really it's kind of ignorant to say one side has it worse than the other in either scenario.  Fame and money do buy you things. And poor people most of the time want money because they think it will solve all their problems. But at some point money creates its own set of issues, because at the end of the day we are all human and you having money doesn't stop your thoughts or stop others from being malicious towards you. My argument overall is that there isn't enough compassion, and no way of really understanding the other's side. 

It's not funny because education is a human right and not supposedly be a privilege and yet only few people can have it. Heck only a few country can cater these student loan to their constituent. You should realize that having the capacity or even the chance of getting educated itself is a dream for most people and imagine having money to make it so.

Living on minimum wage? If you have a job then you are not part of the people living under the poverty line. Do not equate the void and emptiness these people live in as something like a respite from the busy and chaotic world of the civilization. Some of these people don't know the taste of a popcorn.  

I think it's more ignorant to believe that we all sail on the same boat on these stormy seas. 

That majority of the population of the world is poor and most of these people will probably never enter a cinema. It is sad that some people think that the set of issues and the pressure of being rich (like wtf?) and famous or even having to pay a student loan to get educated as something notorious and YET people strive to get them because guess why? Because we don't want to be poor. I don't want to be poor. You don't want to be poor. And Akon definitely don't want to be poor. 

You cannot understand both side but it's clear which side WE all want to be. 

holy scheisse
51 minutes ago, pachinko said:

I wouldn't go to school if my loans were that high. Haha. 

Yeah the mistake for me was going to grad school out of state. My undergrad loans woulda been manageable but I needed a masters to pursue the career I wanted so I chose my fate 😭

1 year in, I tried to declare residency and get my tuition significantly reduced, but they wouldn't do it bc they said i need to prove im a resident for reasons other than pursuing education 😭

PartySick
6 hours ago, River said:

We are the world, we are the struggle.

These are not the lyrics I remember but they're accurate

🖤

5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

These are not the lyrics I remember but they're accurate

it's these lyrics or We are the world we are the problem, whatever you choose, both accurate :air:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived