lgbt

Alleged victim of Madrid homophobic attack says injuries were consensual

Teletubby

Featured Posts

r4therupbeat

You'd think Spain, Italy or Greece are openminded with all the tourism but they are very homophobic and the gays are mostly closeted there. Northern Europe is more open to the LGBTQ.

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NAMURO

• Teletubby

• ARTPOP

• Juanlittlem

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Alleged victim of Madrid homophobic attack says injuries were consensual A 20-year old Spanish man who said a masked gang assaulted him with a knife in Madrid and carved a homophobic slur

and yet straight people still wondering and yelling  why do gays need to scream about their identity? we don't need pride month! there is no homophobia in 2k21  yeah, sure poor victim 

what the **** is going on in Spain? Why do straight people keep being in our business? Will NEVER EVER understand that kind of mindset.

TheDemonIClingTo
On 9/8/2021 at 11:59 AM, GipJo said:

Is Spain that hostile to LGBT+ community like this? I want to travel there but now I have doubts.

In my experience it is. I've never seen it as more tolerant than other Western countries. The advantage the big cities have is that they pay you no mind most of the time and its easier to get lost in the crowd (as we all know), but the truth is this country is quite homophobic

TheDemonIClingTo
On 9/13/2021 at 12:21 PM, r4therupbeat said:

You'd think Spain, Italy or Greece are openminded with all the tourism but they are very homophobic and the gays are mostly closeted there. Northern Europe is more open to the LGBTQ.

Very true, I can tell

TheDemonIClingTo
On 9/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, Monster Voices said:

As a queer girl from a very homophobic country I was so enchanted by Madrid when I visited it - pride flags everywhere, gay couples holding hands and kissing with no one caring. I felt like it was true heaven. Since then I started thinking that if I were to end up with a woman we would be okay if only we moved to Spain. It was my place of hope in my mind so you can imagine how damn hard this is hitting me. The murder of Samuel got me crying histerically for days. Like the last hope of an accepting place was crushed. I truly hope this brutal behaviour is not allowed to continue and spread. 

I had to join this site just to talk about this. Last time I was at Madrid was in 2014. I saw gay couples of both genders holding hands and kissing openly, that and almost all the other times I visited that city, the complete opposite of the more rural regions of Spain (nearly impossible to be openly lgbt here). I feel almost glad that this turned out to be not a homophobic attack but a lie (it was discovered he had done that himself in a bdsm thing cheating on his boyfriend). But all this still stands as a testament of how homophobic Spain really is, as when this happened I was convinced it was true

• Like 1
Monster Voices
15 hours ago, TheDemonIClingTo said:

I had to join this site just to talk about this. Last time I was at Madrid was in 2014. I saw gay couples of both genders holding hands and kissing openly, that and almost all the other times I visited that city, the complete opposite of the more rural regions of Spain (nearly impossible to be openly lgbt here). I feel almost glad that this turned out to be not a homophobic attack but a lie (it was discovered he had done that himself in a bdsm thing cheating on his boyfriend). But all this still stands as a testament of how homophobic Spain really is, as when this happened I was convinced it was true

Well I guess we have a lot more fighting to do. At least in Spain there are lots of protests and rallies when a queer person is attacked. Here in Bulgaria .. one of the ruling parties held an anti pride parade this spring and that should tell you enough. There are very few straight allies and we can hardly do it alone so idk I guess we just need another 20 30 years to catch up to the normal part of Europe as in everything else. Too bad I don't have that time to waste. Spain still sounds a hell of a lot better. Stay safe though! :kiss:

Forever and Always!
  • Like 1