💓 Official visual for Ashnikko's remix of "Plastic Doll" 💓

society

Afghanistan/Fall of Kabul discussion thread

Featured Posts

bionic

Thought this might keep World News a bit tidier :gum: @PartySick @CyanLights please lock if you'd rather not have it all in one thread

Two Explosions Reported Outside Kabul Airport—ISIS Reportedly Responsible For At Least One

https://www.forbes.com/sites/graisondangor/2021/08/26/explosion-outside-kabul-airport-pentagon-says/

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
bionic

There have been two explosions outside the Kabul airport, according to multiple reports, with ISIS reportedly responsible for at least one of the blasts which have reportedly injured or killed both Americans and Afghans.

The Pentagon announced an explosion outside the airport in a tweet at 9:44 a.m. Thursday, with spokesperson John Kirby saying that “casualties are unclear at this time.” Less than an hour later, a second blast was reported by Politico, among other outlets, and a U.S. official and another unnamed source said that ISIS was responsible for an explosion.

Multiple countries warned of such an attack: Before the attack Thursday, a senior U.K. defense official told Sky News that there was danger of an “imminent, lethal attack” at the airport within hours,  and President Joe Biden said Tuesday that “we know that ISIS-K is seeking to target the airport,” NBC News reported.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/graisondangor/2021/08/26/explosion-outside-kabul-airport-pentagon-says/?sh=376e55803606

buy bionic
  • Sad 2
CyanLights
3 minutes ago, bionic said:

Thought this might keep World News a bit tidier :gum: @PartySick @CyanLights please lock if you'd rather not have it all in one thread

Two Explosions Reported Outside Kabul Airport—ISIS Reportedly Responsible For At Least One

https://www.forbes.com/sites/graisondangor/2021/08/26/explosion-outside-kabul-airport-pentagon-says/

I like the idea of a centralized topic regarding this issue - I’ll pin this for now and close/move if other mods disagree :) 

• Thanks 1
  • CyanLights pinned this topic
G U C C I

I don't understand how anyone is surprised by this. The chaos will continue to escalate with the deadline approaching. I pray that the innocent civilians can take shelter or be removed from the conflict as soon as possible! It's so tragic what this area of the world has been through for decades on decades. 

I unfortunately work with a lot of GQP people and I don't know why, but to here some of the insane things Qanon believes and how they talk about the "elites" and the "fall of the cabal" and to have this happen today and it's being referred to in headlines as the "fall of Kabul" is slowly starting to fray the remaining grasp I had on my mental sanity today. I can't wait until lunch and hear how the ingenious minds here would have handled this situation so much better than literally anyone else besides Trump. This work environment is so detrimental to my mental health :saladga: