series

AHS10: Double Feature (DISCUSSION)

“AHS10: Double Feature” Poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying season ten?

Featured Posts

Chinosky
Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

I think it would make sense since we’re living in covid world now, where conspiracies are stronger than ever! 

I hope I'm right :pray: Lettuce pray

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CyanLights
1 hour ago, Queen Bitch said:

These episodes are just getting better and better. Episode 9 is the best yet on Death Valley imo. Makes me hopeful that we'll actually get a satisfying ending next week.

And that last scene... I just knew something was going to go wrong:giggle:

1 hour ago, Lona Delery said:

that was so bad :rip:

i still dont know what the plot of this half of the season is supposed to be, its all over the place

i had such high hopes for an alien themed season cuz i thought wed get some Asylum callbacks and this... is what we get

So what is the truth.gif

Ororo Munroe

Death Valley is amazing, fight me. I’m enjoying it much more than Red Tide to be honest. And I see so many fans complain about DV being rushed and I don’t see it? Idk I think second part of the season is great.

Isaac’s acting this episode was really good! I really liked him.

Also, the way people complain about AHS every season since Asylum, but still watching it like c’mon. :poot:

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

Juanlittlem

Im really enjoying Death Valley more than I did Red Tide! You guys are just having high expectations for everything that when it doesnt match your dreams you just dont like it.

Yeah, Death Valley is about aliens, yes, there were aliens in 2 episodes of Asylum, do they have to connect those two seasons? Nope.

You should just enjoy and keep watching if you like what they're doing, and stop if you don't, simple as that.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Luke78619

I will say, I’m confused as to what the plot is for the present day group.

obviously the past scenes are to establish what is going on in present day, and dives into conspiracies and all that which is fun, but I’m thinking “what am I hoping will happen in the present day story for the finale?” 

like, are they gonna try to escape? will they all give birth? All I can see happening is one of them will have this perfect hybrid the aliens are looking for, they’ll keep them there forever to make the hybrid race and kill everyone else there who knows about the experiment, and that’s it :selena:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

A two year wait for this shitshow? This last episode wasn't just one of the worst of the season, but the whole show. :rip: And for the love of god, get rid of Cody Fern.

RahrahWitch

Just like with other AHS seasons lately this one seems to bite off more than it can chew and is getting messy I was hoping that wouldn't happen since they had an extra year with it but well... :ladyhaha: 

One episode left, Let's see what happens with the pregnant friends :awkney:

HardlyaSaint

The past 7 seasons haven’t even felt like AHS. Hotel and Cult were fun but it’s definitely time to end this show. Or hire all new writers. It’s like they forget the rules of their own show or season theme as well. Like the two gay guys talking about how they always used to joke about having kids and now they’re mourning an alien baby that was planted inside of them against their will- even though in episode 7 it was established that they had just gotten together ????

??????what??????

Death Valley would have worked better as a  B sides season being straight to streaming and having around 7-8 episodes and less campy modern day plotlines. The black and white parts are pretty good, and Sarah Paulson’s character has managed to steal the show once again. Her back has GOT to be tired from carrying this show on her back every season. I think that’s why Sarah said she may not return after this one.

After seeing what Ryan has done for the latest episode of American Crime Story (which was BALLS TO THE WALL GOOD; some of HIS BEST WORK) it’s baffling what he’s let this show turn into. 

Helxig

I don't know why everyone's hating this so much. I think this season is... good. It's not awful, but it's not brilliant. It's kind of a fun easy watch. I don't hate the present day characters as much as I did at the start, and I'm quite enjoying all the stuff set in the past. I think there's still time to redeem it... so lets see where it goes

I felt so bad for the first alien (sorry Demi, extra-terrestrial) baby though when they slit it's throat! But then the second one... child... :selena:

P.S. Sarah's character is hilarious and she's obviously amazing in that role, as usual. And Cody Fern stays being the hottest cast member. Sarah's character was so lucky in that one scene :billie:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig
On 10/15/2021 at 1:03 AM, Chinosky said:

I have a feeling that Double Feature is intentionally a satire on conspiracies' absurdity. Red Tide about that QAnon, Pizzagate, Hollywood stuff and Death Valley for the classic ones- Area 51, government secrets, moon landing, Marilyn Monroe deaths, etc. If the absurdity of the season is intentional because the conspiracies are, I think they're doing a good job and it makes it much more enjoyable. 

Ok if this is what they're doing, I hope they acknowledge it in the finale in some way.

This is the vibe I was getting. We're living in a time of conspiracies right now, and I don't think any of that was unintentional or a coincidence. The writers are more self aware than that

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Ororo Munroe
2 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I don't know why everyone's hating this so much. I think this season is... good. It's not awful, but it's not brilliant. It's kind of a fun easy watch. I don't hate the present day characters as much as I did at the start, and I'm quite enjoying all the stuff set in the past. I think there's still time to redeem it... so lets see where it goes

I felt so bad for the first alien (sorry Demi, extra-terrestrial) baby though when they slit it's throat! But then the second one... child... :selena:

omg, first alien baby was so cute! 

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

TheDemonIClingTo
23 hours ago, COOOK said:

It's never a good idea to eat while watching AHS :neyde:

Nah, AHS + dinner = best way of ending a day

• Guest changed the title to AHS10: Double Feature (DISCUSSION)

Archived