Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

AHS10: Double Feature (DISCUSSION)

“AHS10: Double Feature” Poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying season ten?

Featured Posts

Helxig

Okay I finally got around to watching the first episode of part 2!

I actually enjoyed it! But I really enjoyed the first half way more with the Twilight Zone feel. So good!

But I kinda hated the gay couple. And how rich and spoiled all the young characters are. And why do all four of them live in massive, multi-million dollar homes that look like they were professionally decorated? Trust fund babies living their privileged little lives ugh

Anyway the premise is interesting and I'm curious to see where it goes from here!

I hate aliens though so this one might mess with me a little :huntyga:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

Okay I finally got around to watching the first episode of part 2!

I actually enjoyed it! But I really enjoyed the first half way more with the Twilight Zone feel. So good!

But I kinda hated the gay couple. And how rich and spoiled all the young characters are. And why do all four of them live in massive, multi-million dollar homes that look like they were professionally decorated? Trust fund babies living their privileged little lives ugh

Anyway the premise is interesting and I'm curious to see where it goes from here!

I hate aliens though so this one might mess with me a little :huntyga:

The first 15mins were so promising but then the last bit splat so hard, to me anyway. But I’m not gonna judge too hard until we see the last 3 episodes! :bradley:

Agunimon

I binged the first half of the season and found it to be pretty good. I think people exaggerated the finale of the first part at how bad it was. To me, anyway. I didn't find it to be as terrible as a lot of people made it out to be / voiced here and in other places online.

Helxig
On 9/30/2021 at 3:51 PM, BARKDANGER said:

Look I’m gay. I appreciate gay representation on TV. But does AHS always have to be so…so….so…what’s the word I’m looking for…. Cliché. Can Ryan Murphy have a series (or a micro-series) that doesn’t involve stereotypical gay characters and relationships. It’s so tacky. I legit eye roll at this point. 🙄 Asylum got it right. That’s the level of Gay awareness I am looking for on TV. Entertaining but educational and informative and relative to the moment. 

It's because it's 2021 now, not 2001. We want more these days. It's not exciting to just see a gay a character on TV, like back in the days when that was ground breaking. What we want now is positive representation! Not even that... all we want is to see gay couples treated like normal, regular, everyday people. Not some awful stereotypes. Don't get me wrong, a joke about eating ass can be funny now and again, but on the whole it just reinforces to the world that we are vulgar, sassy, sex-obsessed, drug addicts who get diseases from eating assholes. For once I just want to see a regular couple, who are really well written characters with depth to them... like Sarah's character and her girlfriend in Aslyum...

On 9/30/2021 at 4:37 PM, BARKDANGER said:

And why was Kaia Gerber character doing the typical white person thing, smells something awful and runs towards it to investigate it? 😂

run discover GIF

I’m white, so don’t twist it, but who does that? Hopefully next week will be better. I think it’s safe to say, even though I hate it to happen, AHS had run it’s course and should have ended with Red Tide Episode 5. 

The impression I got was that she's supposed to be a medical/scientific professional, so she naturally she isn't afraid of dead bodies and wants to investigate

9 hours ago, Pikachu said:

The first 15mins were so promising but then the last bit splat so hard, to me anyway. But I’m not gonna judge too hard until we see the last 3 episodes! :bradley:

I totally agree. I was so invested in the first half and loving every second of the black and white stuff, even the old-school alien designs and Theremin music! But as soon as it flashed to the modern day with gays doing cocaine in the bathroom and young people being obsessed with sex cellphones... :bear:

But it's only the first episode. I'll let it play out and see where it goes

1 minute ago, Aetheryte said:

I binged the first half of the season and found it to be pretty good. I think people exaggerated the finale of the first part at how bad it was. To me, anyway. I didn't find it to be as terrible as a lot of people made it out to be / voiced here and in other places online.

It wasn’t horrible, it was just extremely rushed compared to the rest of the first part of the season. :bradley:

1 minute ago, Helxig said:

I totally agree. I was so invested in the first half and loving evert second of the black and white stuff, even the old-school alien designs and Theremin music! But as soon as it flashed to the modern day with gays doing cocaine in the bathroom and young people being obsessed with sex cellphones... :bear:

But it's only the first episode. I'll let it play out and see where it goes

I feel like the flash from the 1950’s to present day was intended and supposed to be a HUGE culture shock to the viewers and it sure did that to me. It hit me hard. :saladga:

Helxig
3 minutes ago, Aetheryte said:

It wasn't awful, but to me it felt like out of alll the possible endings it was the least possible satisfying one. All the characters anyone cared about died, in fact they did their usual thing of 'oop the ending is here! How do we tie up all these storylines? Lets just kill them all again...', and the awful characters lived and there was no redemption or justice. I think everyone was hoping for something a bit better for Karen, or for the daughter to die, or the father to change his ways, or something that felt satisfying. To me it also felt out of character for the chemist to start selling her product like that, after being so restrictive and careful about it's distribution for so many years. And the agent lady just giving it out to as many people as possible and turning Hollywood into a zombie movie was a bit meh. Like what does that even achieve in the long run? Bitch is gonna get caught and ruin the whole operation. And the chemist, who at first was like 'stop spreading my product around town, I don't want it to get out of control' is just fine with it? It all felt a bit meh. Not terrible, not bad, just meh

SlowLoris

The style of the show is camp.

Its not about portraying realistic anything.  It's about exaggerating realityvabd making references to cinematic clichés.

It seems like everyone gets mad when the gay characters talk about eating ass but also gets mad when they live in prudish, domestic bliss.  Which is it???  

I love the campy, cheesy, purposefully bad element of AHS that's always been there!  My biggest problem with the gay representation is that they tend to be fit, white straight-passing dudes most of the time.  But honestly, it's part of the camp... The exaggerated reality, if you will.

3 minutes ago, SlowLoris said:

The style of the show is camp.

Its not about portraying realistic anything.  It's about exaggerating realityvabd making references to cinematic clichés.

It seems like everyone gets mad when the gay characters talk about eating ass but also gets mad when they live in prudish, domestic bliss.  Which is it???  

I love the campy, cheesy, purposefully bad element of AHS that's always been there!  My biggest problem with the gay representation is that they tend to be fit, white straight-passing dudes most of the time.  But honestly, it's part of the camp... The exaggerated reality, if you will.

It was never camp for the first few seasons, imo anyway.. :partysick:

ARTGOD
4 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

It was never camp for the first few seasons, imo anyway.. :partysick:

The tear jerking? Jessica Lange in all her roles? Killer Santa Claus? Anne Frank? All of Coven?

The show has been camp since the very first episode.

I liked this episode, it was trashy fun. Reminds me of a Sci Fi B movie.

Just now, ARTGOD said:

The tear jerking? Jessica Lange in all her roles? Killer Santa Claus? Anne Frank? All of Coven?

The show has been camp since the very first episode.

I liked this episode, it was trashy fun. Reminds me of a Sci Fi B movie.

I guess I just have a different idea/definition of camp? :shrug:

Aussie

Not sure what to make of Part 2 so far…Was underwhelmed with how Part 1 ended although the start was promising…

So far seeing just Episode 1 of Part 2 I’m unsure if it’s going to be very bad or very fun. As a gay man myself though I’m not liking the OTT gay sex discussions. I think certain times it goes overboard and felt like I was watching RuPaul’s DR untucked 🤐

SlowLoris
41 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

I guess I just have a different idea/definition of camp? :shrug:

What do YOU think camp is, if not the first three seasons of AHS?

5 minutes ago, SlowLoris said:

What do YOU think camp is, if not the first three seasons of AHS?

The most campiest season to me would be 1984. :shrug:

When I think of Murder House, Asylum, Coven and Freak Show I don’t think of camp. :shrug:

SlowLoris
3 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

The most campiest season to me would be 1984. :shrug:

When I think of Murder House, Asylum, Coven and Freak Show I don’t think of camp. :shrug:

Ahhhhh I see.  I mean,I see them as camp because of:

1) the cheese factor

2) the consistent, cliché meta-textual references to the 'genre' of horror

3) the trashiness and low-browed naivety

4) the exaggerated aesthetic of human life (specifically AMERICAN life)

5) Jessica Lange (and other gay icons)

• Guest changed the title to AHS10: Double Feature (DISCUSSION)

Archived