💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kacey Musgraves – star-crossed (album out now)

nightadieu

Featured Posts

I expected something much darker

My only stands out so far are Star Crossed, Justified, What Doesn't Kill Me, There is a Light. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic

What a surprise, I totally forgot about this :enigma: I'm a HUGE Golden Hour stan and can NOT wait to give this a listen!

kacey musgraves what GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

gumzy3000

I heard half of it so far and I really like it. To be frank, nothing so far has amazed me like it did when I first heard Golden Hour but I still really like this album. The lyrics are amazing and the sounds are fresh and luscious. Will listen to the whole thing later as I have to sleep now for work tomorrow. Excited though 

trolly troll troll

can someone not help with the availabality of star-crossed: the film? :hor: i don't have paramount+ :ohno:

stella + elliot = stelliot

LastNight

Oh I didn't realise this was out! Didn't the promo single and lead just come out like 2 weeks ago?! I'm not complaining though - I love Kacey, just weird they didn't try and build more hype, but maybe they want the album to be a Slow Burn (:ohwell:)

Excited to give it a listen later!

GunninMan

I absolutely love this album! It was exactly what I was hoping for sonically after Golden Hour. It’s still very much a Kacey Musgraves album, but she really honed in on transcending the country sound and infused so many interesting music styles into each song. I think this was the perfect transition from Golden Hour. Absolutely zero skips for me. And the film is amazing! She’s serving visuals yall.

10 hours ago, Cookie Woman said:

Edit: I fell asleep for a bit and realized this probably isn't an album for me to get. I haven't been in any kind of situation similar to this, so of course it sounds redundant or whatever to me, but it's perfect to her and will most definitely resonate with millions of other people, and that's what matters.

Very that. She seems to be a great ally and person too.

Cameltoe Chariot

I'm so irritated! I'm in Canada and signed up for ParamountPlus last night to watch the Star-Crossed film and it STILL isn't up on their platform :messga: does anyone have any tea on when this will be available? I emailed ParamountPlus about it but haven't anything back and my Karen-senses are starting to tingle :madge:

BlingNotTheMusic

So I gave this a listen last night, and I was kinda underwhelmed. Golden Hour was instantly likeable and I connected to every single track. This album has stellar production but the lyrics are sometimes too bubblegum for me 

"Put my lip gloss on
Kick it at the mall like there's nothing wrong" :ohwell:

"He wants a breadwinner
He wants your dinner" :bear:

It feels like she took a step back, lyrically. I will definitely give this more listens but at first it feels very elementary and almost like a high school girl writing about her divorce :sharon: don't come for me as I will probably come back a few days later saying it's the best album of the year :lolga:

EDIT: From what I remember, the standout tracks are starcrossed, justified, camera roll ...

Flawless

I enjoyed several tracks, the album was great but I was expecting something more star-crossed (song) oriented for the whole album so I was a little underwhelmed, but that's my fault I guess. The second half has the prettiest songs imo

the scars on my mind are on replay.

On 9/10/2021 at 8:04 PM, CameltoeKween said:

I'm so irritated! I'm in Canada and signed up for ParamountPlus last night to watch the Star-Crossed film and it STILL isn't up on their platform :messga: does anyone have any tea on when this will be available? I emailed ParamountPlus about it but haven't anything back and my Karen-senses are starting to tingle :madge:

did you manage to get any help regarding this? i really wanna watch it (it's not even on sharem*nia) :( 

stella + elliot = stelliot

StrawberryBlond

Again, I feel somewhat let down by a Kacey album. She always seems to have this deal where half her songs are good and the other half are bland and forgettable so all her albums are only halfway decent for me. I really thought she was onto something when I heard the intro song but then to find out that the rest of it doesn't sound anything like it was such a letdown. I don't know what she was thinking by doing a bit of modern tinged RnB with Good Wife, it doesn't suit her at all. The writing's still good but a lot of the beats are just not it. My favourites were Star-Crossed, If This Was A Movie, Justified, Angel, Hookup Scene, Keep Lookin' Up and Gracias a la Vida but the rest just seem like filler. I'm surprised she continues to get solid reviews because this seems to be a real problem that no critic is addressing. I thought this would be a more cut-throat break-up album too but it wasn't really and apart from the opening song, I really don't see a lot of Romeo and Juliet inspiration either. I thought going down a more pop route might be good for her but now I don't know.

Archived