💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kacey Musgraves – star-crossed (album out now)

nightadieu

Featured Posts

ProfessionalClown

This looks absolutely AMAZING and the song is a very nice surprise from her. I’m so Excited 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon

i don't wanna say it because i liked the song but the resemblance to hopeless fountain kingdom is uncanny.

from the colour scheme, to the font, to it being a concept album (and having a film like iichliwp), to the intro talking about star-crossed lovers and the idea of having multiple acts

like it's the same album just if halsey lived in tennessee

the artist formerly known as melancholia

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Cookie Woman said:

I'm a little over halfway through the album. I'm digging it thus far. What do you guys think?

It's okay, a little mundane. Was hoping this was her 1989 era, but nothing grabbed me like I was hoping it would. I was expecting some breakup anthems. Haven't watched the film yet, but I'm sure that'll add a little pizzazz. Love her in general tho!

i just finished it and honestly i loved it, every song is so good and the lyrics really HITT i cried at least 3-4 times:huntyga:

I love this sound on Kacey so much, i'm glad she really leaned into that psychedelic vibe but played around with a classical Latin flair, it's such a cool sound. i'm glad she didn't go full on pop crossover with big bangers a la Tswift/1989.

my faves - good wife, there is a light, camera roll, simple times, angel, easier said, justified

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

hieronymus
2 hours ago, calpky said:

It's okay, a little mundane. Was hoping this was her 1989 era, but nothing grabbed me like I was hoping it would. I was expecting some breakup anthems. Haven't watched the film yet, but I'm sure that'll add a little pizzazz. Love her in general tho!

Edit: I fell asleep for a bit and realized this probably isn't an album for me to get. I haven't been in any kind of situation similar to this, so of course it sounds redundant or whatever to me, but it's perfect to her and will most definitely resonate with millions of other people, and that's what matters.

Absolutely adored it! Favs are star-crossed, good wife, cherry blossom, justified, if this was a movie, breadwinner, what doesn't kill me and there is a light

• MonSwiftAnton changed the title to Kacey Musgraves - Star-crossed (OUT NOW)
  • nightadieu changed the title to Kacey Musgraves – star-crossed (album out now)

Great, melancholic, country crossover pop. Definitely feels like a darker-tinged Golden Hour. Sonically and lyrically it makes for a very psychedelic and sad listen in the best way possible.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Healed My Heart

I looooove the style! It's not what I expected as a "post-divorce album" but I liked every song on first listen. Very vibey. This will be on repeat for me!

She/her 💗💜💙

Archived