Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, franminervini said:

my country stanning:giveup:
get that 10 sales i guess:huntyga:

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Adelita
3 hours ago, InTraumatica said:

Gurl your life must be so miserable If you are SO UPSET over a song not being on some playlist :bradley:

Your life must be so miserable for caring what others say more than your own life.

I just want my girl to be successful, if you don't want that too, you're in the wrong place.

• Like 2

YourEnigma
16 minutes ago, Adelita said:

Your life must be so miserable for caring what others say more than your own life.

I just want my girl to be successful, if you don't want that too, you're in the wrong place.

Fala pra eles Adelita

ThisGuyTony

I’m ready for the increasing updates over the next few days. :excited2:

• Thanks 1

Runway
8 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I’m ready for the increasing updates over the next few days. :excited2:

gurl it wasnt even added to any playlists in Europe/Oceania :bradley: the meltdowns when she doesn't get TTH tomorrow or gets added at like #50 :bradley:

TylerMedeiros

I legit heard it during two separate car rides on radio, within minutes, and at a subway (ya I love those chicken bacon ranch footlongs and was craving it lmfaoo), saw it on the chromatica ball tv ad, and it popped up on my on straight friends trending Apple playlist he had. It’s COMING :giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup:

YEET
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

Adelita
8 hours ago, Admin said:

“it's all about money”

Exactly. Money comes from subscribers, and subscribers stay with Spotify for playlists. They were not going to risk their clients switching to Apple Music and put an unknown 4-minute ballad on their biggest playlist, no matter how fat the paycheck is.

There are 50 songs on the playlist right now and and each one of them is a) a huge hit already (As It Was / First Class), b) going viral on TikTok right now (About Damn Time), or c) by a huge artist that will most defintiely be a hit (like album tracks by Harry Styles or Jack Harlow).

You are also proving my point by mentioning Ava Max’s new single — it has a huge budget and an expensive music video by Joseph Kahn, yet it still hasn’t been added to Today’s Top Hits. Fans are begging her label to do it because they also think a TTH placement can just be bought.

Meanwhile last year’s songs like “Easy On Me” or “Industry Baby” or “Happier than Ever” are still on the playlist after months.

It's easy to cover an artist with a veil of success when they receive consistent support from streaming platforms by the likes Dua and Harry.

You mentioned Lizzo's song, but her song blew up after massive playlist support, not just because it went viral on Tiktok:

About Damn Time - Lizzo

April 15: Playlist reach: 47.6M | Spotify Position: #142 (debut)

April 16-27: Spotify Global - OUT

April 26: *Song goes viral on tiktok*

April 27: Playlist reach: 40.9M (+0.2M) | Spotify Position: OUT

April 28: Playlist reach: 45.1M (+4.2M) | Spotify Rank: #165 (re-entry)

April 29: Playlist reach: 44.2M (-0.8M) | Spotify Rank: #109 (+56)

April 30th: Playlist reach: 49.8M (+5.5M) | Spotify Rank: #62 (+47)

May 1: Playlist reach: 54.1M (+4.3M) | Spotify Rank: #47 (+15)

May 2: Playlist reach: 56.9M (+2.8M) | Spotify Rank: #33 (+14)

May 3: Playlist reach: 76.3M (+19.4M) *song is added to big playlists* | Spotify Rank: #21 (+12)

May 4: Playlist reach: 114.7M (+38.4M) *song is added to TTH* | Spotify Rank: #10 (+11)

See? As is clear from this data, no song, no matter how viral it is on tiktok, doesn't reach the top positions of the charts without a push on streaming, this is a fallacy, Lizzo's song would never be the hit it is today if her team sat idly just waiting for tiktok to make it a hit.

Every song needs a push on streaming if the artist wants it to become a hit, in the same way that Lizzo's team didn't just rely on the viral on Tiktok to make the song blow up, Gaga's team shouldn't rely on the movie alone for Hold My Hand to become a big hit either because even Shallow needed a streaming push, a big hit doesn't come overnight.

And Ava Max fans shouldn't be complaining at all because her new single has 56M playlist reach vs 36M that Hold My Hand, theme of the biggest movie of the year, has, and even then it pulls lower daily streams.

Edited by Adelita

ConnorFilm

Playlisting updated and… it’s not great. 

Here’s hoping LG7 can get her another top 10 hit because it’s clear her team doesn’t care to try and do anything with HMH. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens
  • LMAO 2

La Rosalia
16 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

Playlisting updated and… it’s not great. 

Here’s hoping LG7 can get her another top 10 hit because it’s clear her team doesn’t care to try and do anything with HMH. 

The song not being added to TTH doesn’t equate with her team “not caring” about the song. They can’t control that. It’s up to Spotify’s editorial team and, with those 500K daily streams, I for sure wouldn’t add it to TTH if I was an editor.

• Like 1

itsdominik

iTunes Austria:

3. Hold My Hand (+1)

Shazam Austria:

69. Hold My Hand (+19)

• Like 2

TylerMedeiros

The straights haven’t even seen the movie. The gp will just now see it. It will be #1 at box office. Give it a chance or …stop the drama…start the music

queen coming to slay

YEET
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Admin
2 hours ago, Adelita said:

It's easy to cover an artist with a veil of success when they receive consistent support from streaming platforms by the likes Dua and Harry.

You mentioned Lizzo's song, but her song blew up after massive playlist support, not just because it went viral on Tiktok:

None of this is true because you’re confusing cause and effect.

Dua and Harry get playlisting support because they are successful, not the other way around. Harry is so huge right now that he’s playing fifteen (15) shows at MSG in a row and every single track on his album got 20M+ streams within days. It’s in Spotify’s best interest to keep him atop every playlist. Same with Dua.

See? As is clear from this data, no song, no matter how viral it is on tiktok, doesn't reach the top positions of the charts without a push on streaming, this is a fallacy, Lizzo's song would never be the hit it is today if her team sat idly just waiting for tiktok to make it a hit.

The only thing that is clear from your data is that it started getting bigger playlist reach after it went viral on TikTok.

And Ava Max fans shouldn't be complaining at all because her new single has 56M playlist reach vs 36M that Hold My Hand, theme of the biggest movie of the year, has, and even then it pulls lower daily streams.

The point is that if you could buy a playlist placement, Ava Max would’ve been on top of TTH by now because her team clearly has the budget for the song and is promoting it as hard as they can, but it’s just not clicking.

Admin
34 minutes ago, La Rosalia said:

The song not being added to TTH doesn’t equate with her team “not caring” about the song. They can’t control that. It’s up to Spotify’s editorial team and, with those 500K daily streams, I for sure wouldn’t add it to TTH if I was an editor.

Thank you 

Adelita
48 minutes ago, La Rosalia said:

Spotify Playlist Reach 05/27

Hold My Hand: 30.3M (-6M)

Yessss, keep encouraging her team to boycott the song :applause:

• Shook 1
  • Sad 2

Admin
3 minutes ago, Adelita said:

Spotify Playlist Reach 05/27

Hold My Hand: 30.3M (-6M)

Yessss, keep encouraging her team to boycott the song :applause:

They actually work at a major label lol

• Thanks 1