💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion 2.0

franminervini

Featured Posts

Adelita
2 minutes ago, Adelita said:

Next time they come to get engagement on her new music release tweets I will organize a massive hate attack :laughga:

But we all know it's not Spotify's fault, it's Gaga's team and label's fault. :dom:

• Like 1

Adelita
2 hours ago, itsdominik said:

Shazam:

#1 Australia (+3) :legend:

#3 Italy (+1)

#3 Switzerland (=)

#4 Taiwan (+3)

#7 Singapore (+1)

#8 New Zealand (-1)

#10 Worldwide (+3) :legend:

#11 Canada (+5)

#11 Malaysia (+4)

#11 Netherlands (+1)

#12 United States (+5)

#13 Croatia (-3)

#13 Indonesia (+9)

#14 France (+3)

#17 Denmark (+4)

#17 United Kingdom (=)

#18 Romania (+17)

#23 Argentina (+17)

#23 Belgium (+5)

#23 Thailand (+15)

#24 Sweden (+5)

#25 Brazil (+4)

#25 Czech Republic (+14)

#25 Portugal (+16)

#26 Germany (+2)

#27 Austria (-3)

#27 Japan (+3)

#34 Norway (+4)

#38 Saudi Arabia (+12)

#50 Hungary (+4)

#65 Ireland (+17)

#72 Spain (+12)

#75 Poland (+13)

#79 South Africa (+4)

#85 India (+33)

#94 Mexico (+1)

#98 Chile (+34)

#104 Finland (+65)

#110 Israel (+7)

#114 Costa Rica (+3)

#146 Colombia (+45)

#150 Greece (+34)

#153 Uruguay (-50)

#185 Bulgaria (NE)

#1 in Australia, Top 10 Worldwide :firega:

You can't see these peaks on Shazam and then tell me that people didn't like the song, the audience just needs to be exposed to it through playlisting, it's the least a decent team can do in the streaming era.

Levine

Not Gaga's bad luck with tha Kate Bush's song skyrocketing because of stranger things lmao otherwise she could top itunes

• LMAO 1

memomemome
1 hour ago, Levine said:

Not Gaga's bad luck with tha Kate Bush's song skyrocketing because of stranger things lmao otherwise she could top itunes

Actually 80s resurgence could be beneficial for HMH :stalkga:

• YAAAS 1

The Z

Did some drama happen? It seems (for now) that they don't want a hit single anymore, Hold My Hand is just nowhere to be heard, not even in the trailers and ads for the movie etc., I'm a bit confused:huh:

Admin

Lady Gaga is currently running over 30 ads on Instagram and Facebook in multiple languages promoting “Hold My Hand”

• YAAAS 1

robboadam

What I don’t understand is why it seems to be taking off on Apple Music (apart from the US) but on Spotify it’s just not charting much.

Also the Apple Music streams for the album are great in the US but not bumping up HMH.

Admin
12 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

Yep.

For example, whose idea was it to drop Sour Candy on a Thursday before the album dropped? It went to #33 on Billboard in just one day. It would have gone top 10/20 in a full tracking week. 

Nobody outside stan twitter cares if a song peaked at #33 or #20. What matters is how many people were reached, and how many of those people listened to the album and bought concert tickets. Same reason “Hold My Hand” wasn’t released on a Friday either.

“Sour Candy” was released (half) a day early a) to prevent a leak (since it was coming out with the album, it would’ve been online at midnight NZ time) b) to generate (even more) buzz for the album.

Had they intended to release it as a proper single, the strategy would’ve been different — like what they did with “Rain On Me,” which was flawless.

I respect your passion for the charts (and I also understand that it comes from a place of love for Gaga and wanting her to succeed), but I PROMISE you, you don’t know better than dozens of industry professionals working on every single one of her releases. 

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 6

DesertWolf

Spotify update for Sunday 29th

#42 (+15) Taiwan *new peak*
#65 (+11) Switzerland *new peak*
#100 (+18) Singapore *new peak*
#116 (-12) Sweden
#130 (+21) Czechia *new peak*
#133 (NE) New Zealand
#134 (+27) Hong Kong *new peak*
#143 (+17) Norway
#146 (-10) Netherlands
#160 (+32) Hungary
#162 (NE) Australia 
#170 (+2) France
#171 (-25) Slovakia
#180 (NE) United Kingdom
#183 (+2) Italy
#194 (RE) Denmark

Finally Australia, NZ and UK appeared. Canada and US better follow soon

Everybody knows it's only for the show XXVI
  • Like 5

Eggs
5 hours ago, Levine said:

I'm sure you could argue that Stranger Things has a younger audience than Top Gin, Running is more uptempo etc. but I think the immediate success of this song kinda shows that HMH's underperformance isn't just because of poor promotion and lack of playlisting. Kate Bush is running up the charts because it's one of the greatest songs of all time. Similarly, Shallow did as well as it did because it's just a really good song. HMH may be a moderate hit but Gaga was well-placed to have a smash here but the song isn't good enough.

Edited by Eggs
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 1

La Rosalia
1 hour ago, Admin said:

Nobody outside stan twitter cares if a song peaked at #33 or #20. What matters is how many people were reached, and how many of those people listened to the album and bought concert tickets. Same reason “Hold My Hand” wasn’t released on a Friday either.

“Sour Candy” was released (half) a day early a) to prevent a leak (since it was coming out with the album, it would’ve been online at midnight NZ time) b) to generate (even more) buzz for the album.

Had they intended to release it as a proper single, the strategy would’ve been different — like what they did with “Rain On Me,” which was flawless.

I respect your passion for the charts, but I PROMISE you, you don’t know better than dozens of industry professionals working on every single one of her releases. 

I also want to add that, had it not been released as a stand-alone before the album, it wouldn’t have appeared as Blackpink’s “Latest release” under Spotify but rather in the “appears on” section and it would have lost massive exposure from their Spotify profile (and I’m sure that the little managers would have had a meltdown as well).

This was a master class about how to release an album and I’m sure that several teams copied this specific move to optimize exposure from collabs (me included lol).

Stans are always quick to dismiss the strategy that goes behind a release just because it doesn’t satisfy their need of instant satisfaction by looking at the charts, but there are tons of things to be considered to make a song successful. Each song is a different case, with different objectives and that may not always translate to an optimized peak on the charts. 

• Like 4

EGOT2027

gaga scored the biggest movie of the year with HANS ZIMMER and the soundtrack is #1 on itunes and more all over the world, and people here are still acting like the sky is falling. 

if you told me a year ago gaga would be doing the score for the biggest movie of the year along with hans zimmer, i would’ve never believed you. 

if this album hits #1 on billboard, won’t that count for another #1 album for gaga?

of course i hope the song takes off, but this isn’t career-ending if not lol. i think it’s also worth remembering that random songs get nominated for the oscar all the time. no one had seen that movie dianne warren got in for this year (much less heard the song), and the year gaga won there was that buster scruggs song or whatever. 

everything will be okay.

edit: if gaga ever does talk shows, etcetera for this song, i’m sure it’ll be around awards voting time because awards are way more important to her than the charts. this happens all the time with tv…some stars don’t promote their shows until it’s emmy voting time

Edited by JoanneStan420
  • Thanks 4

franminervini

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 1

franminervini

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 1

• PartySick locked this topic