2 hours ago, Adelita said:

Australia Radio Airplay Chart

#10. (+4) Hold My Hand

Her fifteenth Top 10 hit on Australian radio :applause:

1 hour ago, Adelita said:

New Zealand Radio Airplay Chart

#8. (+7) Hold My Hand

:applause:

Airplay doesn't count towards the main singles chart there,right?

Adelita
1 hour ago, Admin said:

Spotify is not interested in putting a ballad that is not a hit (yet) on Today’s Top Hits. It will be there once it gets bigger or with the movie release.

Please this excuse doesn't convince anyone else when even Katy's flop single When I'm Gone with a worse performance than Hold My Hand on the charts peaked over 120M playlist reach on Spotify even without TTH, there's no such thing as "Spotify's interest", it's all about money.

There's also no excuse for the theme song of the year's biggest movie to have a lower playlist reach than the latest flops by Ava Max and Sam Smith.

Hold My Hand has a lower playlist reach than 5 old Gaga songs right now, it's ridiculous.

If Bobby is thinking that the movie alone will work miracles for the song, he'd better give it up. There's no excuse for this song not making the big playlists tomorrow with the movie's premiere.

Edited by Adelita
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 7

Adelita
6 minutes ago, pratz said:

Airplay doesn't count towards the main singles chart there,right?

Yes, but the fact that the song was so well accepted in countries where airplay is not a component of their chart just shows that the audience liked the song, it just needs a big push to let the GP know the song exists to begin with.

• Thanks 1

Adelita
1 hour ago, franminervini said:

I didn't mean to be added to TTH, but it could be in so many playlists, idk... 😭 I just feel it deserves more exposure than what it actually has 😅

Right? It's so frustrating to see the song suffering and struggling to survive when it has so much potential.

Even Katy Perry's When I'm Gone reached over 120M playlist reach even without being added to TTH.

• Thanks 4

franminervini
4 minutes ago, Adelita said:

Right? It's so frustrating to see the song suffering and struggling to survive when it has so much potential.

Even Katy Perry's When I'm Gone reached over 120M playlist reach even without being added to TTH.

Thanks Charts sis 🙏🏼 You get me!

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!
  • Like 1

franminervini

+600k :vegas:

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 2

franminervini

• Like 1
  • Love 1

franminervini

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 1

Admin

Please this excuse doesn't convince anyone else when even Katy's flop single When I'm Gone with a worse performance than Hold My Hand on the charts peaked over 120M playlist reach on Spotify even without TTH, there's no such thing as "Spotify's interest", it's all about money.

There's also no excuse for the theme song of the year's biggest movie to have a lower playlist reach than the latest flops by Ava Max and Sam Smith.

Hold My Hand has a lower playlist reach than 5 old Gaga songs right now, it's ridiculous.

If Bobby is thinking that the movie alone will work miracles for the song, he'd better give it up. There's no excuse for this song not making the big playlists tomorrow with the movie's premiere.

“it's all about money”

Exactly. Money comes from subscribers, and subscribers stay with Spotify for playlists. They were not going to risk their clients switching to Apple Music and put an unknown 4-minute ballad on their biggest playlist, no matter how fat the paycheck is.

There are 50 songs on the playlist right now and and each one of them is a) a huge hit already (As It Was / First Class), b) going viral on TikTok right now (About Damn Time), or c) by a huge artist that will most defintiely be a hit (like album tracks by Harry Styles or Jack Harlow).

You are also proving my point by mentioning Ava Max’s new single — it has a huge budget and an expensive music video by Joseph Kahn, yet it still hasn’t been added to Today’s Top Hits. Fans are begging her label to do it because they also think a TTH placement can just be bought.

Meanwhile last year’s songs like “Easy On Me” or “Industry Baby” or “Happier than Ever” are still on the playlist after months.

Admin

That is because “When I’m Gone” is a dance song by a well-known DJ and the potential reach is much bigger than for a ballad. Party and workout playlists are the most popular types of playlists on Spotify, there are millions of them.

By the way, it was never on Today’s Top Hits either, because, like I said, it’s not something you can buy.

• Thanks 1

Adelita
1 minute ago, Adelita said:

Meanwhile Gaga and her team: 😴 

Watch their song make it into the big playlists tomorrow/soon and Hold My Hand doesn't. :madge:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• PartySick locked this topic