💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Miley Cyrus invites DaBaby to ‘talk’ and ‘learn from each other’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Bella Goth

the way she write "loyal member of LGBTQIA+ community" is like this community like an exclusive sport club that u can leave or sign up for. hahahah,

maybe it's just me, so not used to with that term

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enissa11
Just now, Bella Goth said:

the way she write "loyal member of LGBTQIA+ community" is like this community like an exclusive sport club that u can leave or sign up for. hahahah,

yeah, it was off putting for me too haha

Mad Architect of Light

judaspriest
8 minutes ago, Bella Goth said:

Exactly, not something someone who has had and has to endure being gay/bi/trans would ever say

6 minutes ago, Will Graham said:

Oh, I'll try my very best

I'm not sure if I worded it correctly, but I meant that we tend to put a lot of pressure on victims of offensive language or abuse, and make it seem as though they're 'responsible' or susceptible to this. 

The focus gets put on the victim's trait that was targeted in the offence. The conversation becomes more about defending people suffering from AIDS rather than what lead someone attacking a person and how do we prevent it from happening again. 

People like DaBaby are "victims" of environments and social groups that promote offensive language (which is still unacceptable). 

I think that's what Miley is trying to do rather than shooting the messenger for wider social problem by cancelling them.

Not sure if that made sense?

Gagaplayer315

She should’ve just sat there and do her covers :nails:

Lilmonzter

I am going to say this once and only once, there are things that are forgivable and then there are things that are unforgivable. 

What that baby did was atleast for me unforgivable. 

While what Miley is doing is prima facie admirable. I don't agree with.

If anything, dababy should come forward and say 'what I said was wrong, it was mistake, please educate me!'

See. They'll never in this lifetime do that. Not a single one of them. It speaks a lot about their sincerity in evolving or progressing from ideologies like these.

Any positive response should come from him not from her.

Additionally,  a part of me actually asked myself, who died and made her the mouthpiece for the entire LGBTQIA+ community. But it's free game and she did what she thought was right and that's ok. 

Even if I mostly disagree with it.

Sing C'est la vie 

Butters Stotch

I get there's a lot of anger because of his words, I felt it too, and I felt frustrated because of the way he and others kept saying ignorant things, but I' glad Miley did this publicly. This is actually the right thing to do, because it proves that if he doesn't learn it's because he doesn't want to. There are lots of people willing to educate him.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

GagaSuperfan1
On 8/3/2021 at 4:27 PM, RAMROD said:

WAOWW!! 90s Demi Moore teas :sis:

6 hours ago, Teletubby said:

In a statement posted to Instagram, Miley Cyrus spoke out against cancel culture and invited rapper DaBaby to have an open dialogue after the rapper has received backlash for his homophobic comments.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSKpR78BRdY/
232040548-371210791224193-20104804484750
asa.jpg

source

She’s so bad ass

ARTPOP

I think people are confusing being kind to an uneducated person to a celebrity who is probably exposed to more LGBTQAI people than most of us. 

I think it is unfair and ironic that Miley is spending time and energy on educating a celebrity that re-stated his hatred many times until he lost many contracts. I would rather spend that energy on re-education of communities that breed such thoughts. 

It is like trying to spend that energy on GOP politicians to re-educate them on racism but not the communities and individuals that make them rise.  

COME ON GAYS!!

Roseblud Kisses

She’s wasting her own and his time. You can’t help people that don’t want it and have the support of his industry. It’s not DaBaby but his entire industry (not just the artists but producers, executives etc) that lets him, Chris Brown get away with serial violence and extremism.

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

BARKDANGER

When someone has homophobic remarks, it’s basically like a drunken night of spilling the beans. Deep inside he meant what was said. But he still said his true intentions. I don’t believe in cancel culture, but there are always truth in remarks. Regardless of the state of mind. And for him to partake in a collaboration with Dula Peep for a remix, and knowing that she is LGBT+ Support of, it is what it is. He has some truth in what he said regarding if he is sorry. 

“I’m on the edge of glory…”

Big Reputation

Cancel culture is one of the worst things in this generation so I’m glad Miley isn’t going that route

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

auburn

Her heart is in the right place, but it's not our job as queer people to educate homophobes. These are grown adults, and if they can't see the harm they do, that's on them. If Miley wants to talk to him, she can but people are entitled to feel angry towards him and to boycott him if they feel like it.

latina twilight

Okay, I agree with the cancel culture thing, but that only applies when it's a small f*ck up. This is one of the few instances where a person actually deserves to be cancelled, and there's no way to talk me out of this. He had his chance to properly apologize, and he's a f*cking adult that can educate himself or reach for help if he actually cared, but he clearly doesn't. It's not Miley's job or anybody's job.

Having said that, it's nice that Miley is reaching out and showing compassion. Undeserving, but okay.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Oriane

Yes but there are so many celebrities who got backlash for less bad things and they were obviously not bad-intentioned and probably willing to learn, focus on these rather than people like him who refuse to acknowledge that what they said was bad in the fist place.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived