💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Miley Cyrus invites DaBaby to ‘talk’ and ‘learn from each other’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

ctherainbow
40 minutes ago, LDGA said:

People can educate themselves everything they want on scholarly online sources, but it will never compare to the touch of a person that knows about the topic and tells you : "Hey, you are doing this wrong because...". Dababy reading online would have probably never understood the deep issue he has and the harm his words can cause, but Miley reaching him in private and talking to him, might do it. 

If people would be tired the protest and marches would be more common this days, but they rather stay at home and pretend to be tired. 

Well, I cannot speak for people other than myself and my friends, but I am very much an on-the-ground activist for queer and other social issues.  I agree that there are a lot of people who only sit behind their keyboard and complain when they could be doing more, but there are also folks who do work really hard to advance the cause of equality, and it is incredibly demoralizing when you are working really hard but people like DaBaby are ignorant when there is a vast pool of resources he could use to be educated.  If he has at least 10-20 people in his life, statistically, at least one of them is openly queer, so it's hard to believe that he hasn't had the opportunity to have this conversation already, on an even more personal level than the one he might have with Miley.

But, either his family and friends are more non-queer than the average, or nobody took the time to educate him, and he clearly didn't educate himself, so I hope that he has this conversation with Miley, or somebody knowledgeable within the queer community, and learns to be better.  Maybe he can take his extra time off with the cancelled gigs to learn instead!   

This hug is for you.   :hug: 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
judaspriest
3 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

she has definitely benefit from that image, but her experience is very different than most of us.

Hence my doubts. But in any case, it's a very naive thing what she's doing, which further increases said doubts because she clearly hasn't suffered discrimination of that kind (all the LGBT women I know of have)

ctherainbow
19 minutes ago, Will Graham said:

Is she truly? Or is she one of those girls that say they're bi just because they've make out with a girl once or twice for the kinky straight male benefit and wanna be edgy?

I can't speak to this, as I'm not a person who has been part of Miley's sex life, so  :shrug: 

She does seem to be an advocate, but unfortunately I think suffers from the kind of societal disconnect you see a lot with rich folks, where they do not understand what it's like to be an average person who is a member of whatever group they are talking about.

Anderson123

I like that she's doing this BUT the thing about DaBaby is not that he's uneducated or "didn't know" about the things he said. He's just an a$$hole who thought it was edgy to come up with that attitude at one of his shows then when he got called for it he made fun of it and still didn't apologize hoping people would get over it.

enissa11
12 minutes ago, ctherainbow said:

Well, I cannot speak for people other than myself and my friends, but I am very much an on-the-ground activist for queer and other social issues.  I agree that there are a lot of people who only sit behind their keyboard and complain when they could be doing more, but there are also folks who do work really hard to advance the cause of equality, and it is incredibly demoralizing when you are working really hard but people like DaBaby are ignorant when there is a vast pool of resources he could use to be educated.  If he has at least 10-20 people in his life, statistically, at least one of them is openly queer, so it's hard to believe that he hasn't had the opportunity to have this conversation already, on an even more personal level than the one he might have with Miley.

But, either his family and friends are more non-queer than the average, or nobody took the time to educate him, and he clearly didn't educate himself, so I hope that he has this conversation with Miley, or somebody knowledgeable within the queer community, and learns to be better.  Maybe he can take his extra time off with the cancelled gigs to learn instead!   

This hug is for you.   :hug: 

i think i'm falling in love with you :flutter: please do marry me

Mad Architect of Light

NFRatwell
46 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Well, I always hated Gaga's tone deaf attitude towards this concept of "kindness" to be honest. She can say "none of this can matter anymore" a thousand times, that doesn't make it true at all. In most places of the world, it DOES matter because people have to live in fear because of their identities. Scratch that actually, they are MADE TO live in fear BY PEOPLE LIKE DABABY HIMSELF. People like him kill people like us. People like him make it virtually impossible to just BE for people like us 

So excuse me if we can't all be "let's all be kind" because it is a matter of life and death to some of us. If it is not to you, then that's great for you. If it is, since I don't know where you live, then you must understand where I'm coming from. 

Also, please do not say "being misinformed/saying hateful things" when we should call that committing hate speech and homophobia. It is not as simple as "being misinformed" just because he said so in a shitty PR apology. 

20 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

you're taking her words out of context and applying them to this very specific situation, she was talking generally about the prejudice that exist between members of oposite communities, she says gay- straight, rich - poor, mentally ill - not mentally ill etc, to get rid of the labels and just set a conversation based on our kindness and humanity.
But in this case it's not just prejudice or some type of segregation, it's straight up discrimination and abuse, this man has also punch women in the face, he has a long list of problematic behavior.
She has also called out rappers homophobic lyrics and invite us to not tolerate this aired publicly. 

Ok. It’s very obvious we won’t see eye to eye on this. Most of us agree though that Miley doing this discussion isn’t inherently bad, and that it may positively impact the way people see the LGBT community. That’s the real important factor. Whether we believe that continuing the cycle of hatred and supporting speech like “I’d happily watch xyz die if they’re homophobic” is acceptable is another topic, but I’d rather not spend the whole night arguing about morals and wether or not teaching people is a justifiable way to achieve peace. Everyone in this thread hopes that one day all of us in the LGBT community can live in a world free of discrimination and judgment, and that’s enough of a common goal for me. 

ctherainbow
8 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

i think i'm falling in love with you :flutter: please do marry me

I always knew my activism could help me in life!  I just thought it would land me a career, not a spouse.   :giggle:

But thank you, you are too kind.   :blush:  :hug:

judaspriest
18 minutes ago, ctherainbow said:

(Miley) I think suffers from the kind of societal disconnect you see a lot with rich folks, where they do not understand what it's like to be an average person who is a member of whatever group they are talking about.

This. If she was an everyday person (not shielded by money) member of a heavily discriminated minority she surely wouldn't speak about it like it was nothing. Nor would she be so quick to extend her hand to an unrepentant (yes he's a phony I think we all are perceptive enough to tell) homophobe like that sh*thead

enissa11
16 minutes ago, ctherainbow said:

I always knew my activism could help me in life!  I just thought it would land me a career, not a spouse.   :giggle:

But thank you, you are too kind.   :blush:  :hug:

so is this a yes? :flutter:

Mad Architect of Light

gagaisitalian

Or...don't allow a woman-hitting homophobe to make millions of dollars? 

Miley, why don't you spend your time, energy and money into investing in artists that spread a better message? No use in trying to change a GROWN MAN's opinion. Let him rot in obscurity and shame..

enissa11
35 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

Ok. It’s very obvious we won’t see eye to eye on this. Most of us agree though that Miley doing this discussion isn’t inherently bad, and that it may positively impact the way people see the LGBT community. That’s the real important factor. Whether we believe that continuing the cycle of hatred and supporting speech like “I’d happily watch xyz die if they’re homophobic” is acceptable is another topic, but I’d rather not spend the whole night arguing about morals and wether or not teaching people is a justifiable way to achieve peace. Everyone in this thread hopes that one day all of us in the LGBT community can live in a world free of discrimination and judgment, and that’s enough of a common goal for me. 

i understand where you're coming from, but it's not continuing a cicle of hatred, there was never hatred from us we are just defending ourselves, it's karl's paradox of tolerance, you can't tolerate the intolerant without limit, as my husband said before, you have to draw a line, otherwise the intolerant will keep damaging us in a way or another... it's good that she's trying to educate him, the rest of Miley's comments tho, not inherently bad, but just naive, tone deaf and invalidating

Mad Architect of Light

tyler k

not some of y'all trying to invalidate Miley's place in the alphabet community

it's really disgusting to see:bear: 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

This is EXACTLY what we should be doing with all these controversial statements.

People won't change their views if they're not listened to or respected.  

An old teacher at school once told us that opinions and views are like moods, they can cause severe damage but they can be changed and we are all susceptible to them. They are also easily influenced and can develop from triggers outside of your control.

I think it always helps to see the racist/homophobe/misogynist as an additional victim and work with them to understand why they feel and think that way.

judaspriest
2 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

I think it always helps to see the racist/homophobe/misogynist as an additional victim 

Oh, I'll try my very best

Archived