Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Miley Cyrus invites DaBaby to ‘talk’ and ‘learn from each other’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

judaspriest
2 hours ago, Teletubby said:

In a statement posted to Instagram, Miley Cyrus spoke out against cancel culture and invited rapper DaBaby to have an open dialogue after the rapper has received backlash for his homophobic comments.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSKpR78BRdY/
232040548-371210791224193-20104804484750
asa.jpg

source

Lmao at the whole thing, sorry. You just can't deal with a homophobe by being soft. Also, "loyal member of the LGBT community"? WTF is that supposed to mean? You aren't "loyal" to LGBT, you just ARE. And since when is she actually part of LGBT to begin with?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NFRatwell

Gaga on education and teaching people to value each other:

“Gay, straight… none of this can matter anymore. We are unified in our humanity. The only thing that we all know… is kindness. This has to come before all things, and you must operate relentlessly this way, with everything you have… go out and talk to the people”

(discussion starts around 21 minutes).

You guys want be angry that Miley is against hatred and cancelling people for being misinformed / saying hateful things, ok. but just know that this is the exact stance Gaga preached and has always preached.

Some of y’all like to forget that so here’s your reminder. 

LostBoyfriend
2 hours ago, BradleyCooper said:

He doesn’t deserve it but I commend Miley for trying to bring something positive out of the situation

So then how people change?

Gosh, it's so stupid we demand everyone to be so 2021 with their views and still somehow developed the mentality anyone who doesn't is done for life.

Like, we're god damn people, I used to be homophobic and had very wrong opinions about trans folk and overall the LGBT community years ago. But look at me now crabbing d1ck everyday, supporting and understanding queer and trans people, and putting tons of makeup, and just learning things about accepting.

Yeah he could've learned by himself but let's remember there's still a majority of homophobic people, we're not the majority but we think we are thanks to the media portraying us more and more. He probably has it ingrained in his brain and that cannot be changed in a month.

He needs time and it's admirable someone like Cyrus is taking their own time to at least try shake those mind sediments.

Is so dumb to think a people can be undeserving of being talked to to change them, like it's so ignorant :saladga:

Reginald

I'm not sure where this idea of "cancel culture" being a new thing came from. People have always had vocal opinions about celebrities perceived faults 

remember when Janet was wrongly cancelled 20 years ago? :trollga:

Her entire career path was thrown off course for something that wasn't even her fault. 

DaBaby is a d***head and isn't a victim of anything new- "cancel culture" has existed as long as pop culture.

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

ctherainbow
49 minutes ago, LDGA said:

Cancel culture is so popular because you dont want to end homophobia, you dont want to end racism, neither clasism, or any other issue in the world, you just want something to hate. You all love to hate, either if its people, views, values, moral or anything. Prove of that are some comments in here, the comments on IG and twitter. 

Cancel culture is "popular" because people are very tired, in an era where you can educate yourself about pretty much any topic via scholarly online sources, of continually explaining why we should be allowed to exist as humans.  Miley is well within her right to take time to try to educate DaBaby, but others are also well within their right to be exhausted and not ready to put the time into educating people like him who are willfully ignorant.

:shrug: 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

thehanyo

I don't think it's her place to speak for the alphabet community, even if she considers herself part of it.

ctherainbow
8 minutes ago, LostBoyfriend said:

Yeah he could've learned by himself but let's remember there's still a majority of homophobic people, we're not the majority but we think we are thanks to the media portraying us more and more. He probably has it ingrained in his brain and that cannot be changed in a month.

While I agree with you that I'm glad Miley has the time and energy to try to educate him, I do have to disagree with this, at least in the United States, which DaBaby is from.  In a 2015 study, 71% of Americans not only supported the queer community, but supported legal nondiscrimination laws to protect us.  That's almost 3/4 of the entire population, and that's not accounting for those who may support the community in areas other than nondiscrimination laws.  Even looking at a more localized sample, DaBaby's home state of Ohio was only 1% lower than the nation overall in its support of the queer community.  So it's not like he lives in some concrete bubble of homophobia, especially as a high-ish profile music artist who is no longer confined to his hometown, which also happens to be statistically the most liberal and the most diverse city in the entirety of Ohio.

With those stats in mind, my point is, while we do need to leave room for growth, it's also really important to draw a line and say "no, this behavior is unacceptable, there are consequences, and you need to educate yourself and do better".  And Miley doesn't need to be subtly shaming those who do not have the energy or time to educate.   :shrug: 

ctherainbow
36 minutes ago, Will Graham said:

Lmao at the whole thing, sorry. You just can't deal with a homophobe by being soft. Also, "loyal member of the LGBT community"? WTF is that supposed to mean? You aren't "loyal" to LGBT, you just ARE. And since when is she actually part of LGBT to begin with?

I believe she is pansexual!    :gaycat:

Magic Mike
21 minutes ago, LostBoyfriend said:

But look at me now crabbing d1ck everyday

<3

Pennywise
45 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

“Gay, straight… none of this can matter anymore. We are unified in our humanity. The only thing that we all know… is kindness. This has to come before all things, and you must operate relentlessly this way, with everything you have… go out and talk to the people”

You guys want be angry that Miley is against hatred and cancelling people for being misinformed / saying hateful things, ok. but just know that this is the exact stance Gaga preached and has always preached.

Well, I always hated Gaga's tone deaf attitude towards this concept of "kindness" to be honest. She can say "none of this can matter anymore" a thousand times, that doesn't make it true at all. In most places of the world, it DOES matter because people have to live in fear because of their identities. Scratch that actually, they are MADE TO live in fear BY PEOPLE LIKE DABABY HIMSELF. People like him kill people like us. People like him make it virtually impossible to just BE for people like us 

So excuse me if we can't all be "let's all be kind" because it is a matter of life and death to some of us. If it is not to you, then that's great for you. If it is, since I don't know where you live, then you must understand where I'm coming from. 

Also, please do not say "being misinformed/saying hateful things" when we should call that committing hate speech and homophobia. It is not as simple as "being misinformed" just because he said so in a shitty PR apology. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

31 minutes ago, ctherainbow said:

Cancel culture is "popular" because people are very tired, in an era where you can educate yourself about pretty much any topic via scholarly online sources, of continually explaining why we should be allowed to exist as humans. 

People can educate themselves everything they want on scholarly online sources, but it will never compare to the touch of a person that knows about the topic and tells you : "Hey, you are doing this wrong because...". Dababy reading online would have probably never understood the deep issue he has and the harm his words can cause, but Miley reaching him in private and talking to him, might do it. 

If people would be tired the protest and marches would be more common this days, but they rather stay at home and pretend to be tired. 

Ariana Grindr
2 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Not people trying to gaslight LGBTQ+ people into "helping" human filth like that and trying to make us look bad for "canceling" them as if it's our ****ing fault that they are grown ****ing men who refuse to act like that. Then again, y'all are enabling it, so... :oprah:

Repeat after me: FIXING :fthis: THESE :yennefer: PEOPLE :dom: INTO :excuseu: BECOMING :triggered: COMPASSIONATE :flop: IS :laughga: NOT :koons: OUR :bear: ****ING :cyanlights: RESPONSIBILITY :lana:

Exactly! It’s phucking 2021. Respect is not a too hard a concept to grasp. 

enissa11
1 hour ago, NFRatwell said:

you're taking her words out of context and applying them to this very specific situation, she was talking generally about the prejudice that exist between members of oposite communities, she says gay- straight, rich - poor, mentally ill - not mentally ill etc, to get rid of the labels and just set a conversation based on our kindness and humanity.
But in this case it's not just prejudice or some type of segregation, it's straight up discrimination and abuse, this man has also punch women in the face, he has a long list of problematic behavior.
She has also called out rappers homophobic lyrics and invite us to not tolerate this aired publicly. 

Mad Architect of Light

GodofLove

Wow I wanted to be  shocked but at this point I guess is a win win for both the general public
( homophobic persons, those that discriminate ) and DaBaby to regain a good reputation, and continue good on behalf of his career; to have a chance on being educated.

Miley went for it, and is a good intermediate for now

enissa11
4 minutes ago, Will Graham said:

Is she truly? Or is she one of those girls that say they're bi just because they've make out with a girl once or twice for the kinky straight male benefit and wanna be edgy?

she has definitely benefit from that image, but she is what she says and we have to respect that, she's welcomed but her experience is very different than most of us.

Mad Architect of Light

Archived