💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Miley Cyrus invites DaBaby to ‘talk’ and ‘learn from each other’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

It should be a mix of both. His comments were so vile that there must be consequences, otherwise it's like he's getting a free pass. That he's losing his upcoming gigs is just fair.

I do think it doesn't mean he's irredeemable. People do change over long periods of time, but it's not instantaneous. He should face the consequences of his actions in the short term and get his "education" in the long term, until he actually reaches a meaningful evolution with tangible actions.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chlorine Sevigny

This reeks of self importance and the need to center herself in the narrative. 

Had someone like... Billy Porter, who is a gay man of color and HIV positive, done this, it would have been powerful and appropriate.

Though I still don't think The Baby deserves it. :coffee:

myluis617

Im happy seeing her do this. People need room to grow from their mistakes. We all know he cant change his views that quick but he can begin the process of unlearning all the homophobia and misogyny that was ingrained in him. Eminem has constantly been criticized for his homophobic comments and he has grown from his mistakes. Im sure Eminem is in his DMs giving him advice, at-least I would hope. 

Tinnitus15

Tbh if THAT man decides to “educate himself” I can bet my ass he will do it for PR stunt.He’ll be like “look I did it,I am Dagreatest now stop talking about it”.Good for Miley for trying though.But I don’t think she can help 

Suspiria

I really don't see how anyone can have a problem with this.

Sure in an ideal world he would be doing the learning and reaching out himself (well, ideally he would never have those views in the first place). But it's not an ideal world, and if you want change you have to do it yourself. If we all just think "it's not my responsibility" then literally nothing would ever change unfortunately.

enissa11

good for her wanting to educate him, but it's tone deaf a lot of things she said, the lgtb community is in their right to cancel him and not forgive him, and not because of that we're hateful or it's "easy" for us, he was the one that started everything discriminating us and being a bigot

i don't think she would be so friendly and educational towards someone that disrespects her and insults her in the face.

Of course she's part of the community, but you can tell this type of homophobic comments have never affected her in a personal level, or maybe she hasn't lost a dear friend because of VIH/aids.

It's really not her place to claim this kind of stuff

Mad Architect of Light

NFRatwell

It’s amazing how many of y’all feel like you have more of a say how our community can react than her (incase some of y’all are forgetting queer women are just as important to our community as queer men). How about y’all don’t educate people if you don’t feel like it, but let her do it if she wants to? :saladga: She has a right to react with compassion just as y’all have the right to not. 

ctherainbow

I’m glad that she is using her time and privilege to educate, but she could have left it at that.  “I extended an offer to DaBaby to learn more about the queer community, in an effort to help him change into a better version of himself”.  

The whole “wow, how about this Cancel Culture™️, huh, fellow kids?” portion of the statement is rude and does a disservice to those within the community who have spent their entire lives in much more vulnerable spaces than hers, having to defend and/or explain themselves to the point of exhaustion.

:shrug:

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

Cancel culture is so popular because you dont want to end homophobia, you dont want to end racism, neither clasism, or any other issue in the world, you just want something to hate. You all love to hate, either if its people, views, values, moral or anything. Prove of that are some comments in here, the comments on IG and twitter. 

enissa11
14 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

It’s amazing how many of y’all feel like you have more of a say how our community can react than her (incase some of y’all are forgetting queer women are just as important to our community as queer men). How about y’all don’t educate people if you don’t feel like it, but let her do it if she wants to? :saladga: She has a right to react with compassion just as y’all have the right to not. 

she can do it if she chooses to of course, that's not the problem, the problem is that she's claiming that those members of the community or allies who canceled him are "fuel with hate" and it's "easy" for us...
we are the ones triggered by his statements and the ones hurt by it, how it's easy for us? we are on our right to not forgive him and never wanting to hear anything about him anymore, how is that hateful???

Mad Architect of Light

Pennywise

And the journ- tone deaf comments continue :huntyga:

It is truly disgusting that how some of you act in a "pick me, I'm not like those other gays, see I don't "cancel" people I am nice, pick me please straights" way.

Nothing in the whole LGBTQ+ history was achieved by being nice to the system that oppresses us. 

I hope one day you may find true self value outside the heteronormative perception. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

enissa11
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Bravo! Miley! This is something Gaga would do if she didn't have a new album and movie on the line. We need more of this! 

if gaga had the time to know about his existance, i don't think AT ALL this would've been her reaction lol

Mad Architect of Light

DrewPa

He made his choice, he’s going to pay for it. 

I would have tried to reason with people like him in 1992, but today I don’t see the point in trying to reason with a person that in 30 years of his life never bothered to open a book. 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

enissa11
20 minutes ago, ctherainbow said:

I’m glad that she is using her time and privilege to educate, but she could have left it at that.  “I extended an offer to DaBaby to learn more about the queer community, in an effort to help him change into a better version of himself”.  

The whole “wow, how about this Cancel Culture™️, huh, fellow kids?” portion of the statement is rude and does a disservice to those within the community who have spent their entire lives in much more vulnerable spaces than hers, having to defend and/or explain themselves to the point of exhaustion.

:shrug:

exactly, the funny think is that she thinks it's harder for her to be compassionate and is easy for us to cancel him....
It's easy for her because her privilege to educate him.
It's harder for us because we are the ones affected by it on a daily basis...

Mad Architect of Light

judaspriest
1 hour ago, Pennywise said:

Not people trying to gaslight LGBTQ+ people into "helping" human filth like that and trying to make us look bad for "canceling" them as if it's our ****ing fault that they are grown ****ing men who refuse to act like that. Then again, y'all are enabling it, so... :oprah:

Repeat after me: FIXING :fthis: THESE :yennefer: PEOPLE :dom: INTO :excuseu: BECOMING :triggered: COMPASSIONATE :flop: IS :laughga: NOT :koons: OUR :bear: ****ING :cyanlights: RESPONSIBILITY :lana:

I repeat after you :firega:

Archived