💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Miley Cyrus invites DaBaby to ‘talk’ and ‘learn from each other’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

In a statement posted to Instagram, Miley Cyrus spoke out against cancel culture and invited rapper DaBaby to have an open dialogue after the rapper has received backlash for his homophobic comments.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSKpR78BRdY/
232040548-371210791224193-20104804484750
asa.jpg

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NFRatwell

Good on her honestly. DaBaby’s views are also more than just his. There’s a whole generation of people that think the way he does and it’s important to talk through the issues that bother you than “cancel” someone over it. I think even if he uses this opportunity as a way to save face his followers may learn something from it. 

BradleyCooper

He doesn’t deserve it but I commend Miley for trying to bring something positive out of the situation

tyler k

ok Twitter and the IG comments are pissing me off....

why are people coming for Miley, acting as if she did something truly awful, like since when is showing compassion & kindness to someone that doesn't deserve it a bad thing?! they're all like "OH NO MILEY THIS ISNT IT TIME TO UNSTAN" like are you kidding me.

she made points. it's so much easier to cancel someone rather than help then learn from the errors of their ways. Sure, Dababy doesn't deserve this compassion & kindness at all, but if anything people should be happy to stan someone like Miley who is willing to look past that to help educate a person that genuinely needs it. 

it's days like today why I actually hate cancel culture. it's an unproductive, hateful cycle.

also - you can still hold someone accountable & punish them for their actions/words (Dababy getting pulled from festivals) but still want them to learn and educate themselves. 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

I completely agree with her. Love her for doing this, and mad props for being willing to do the emotional labor here – because it's very possible he'd be down for this, and this kinda thing is NOT easy.

FATCAT

Hoping she can convince him to show what he's learned too, maybe in a song a la Same Love w/ Macklemore?

Purr more, hiss less.

KillerMonster

I love this, instead of just being hateful. Education is more powerful than hate. 

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

Ronnie

Bravo! Miley! This is something Gaga would do if she didn't have a new album and movie on the line. We need more of this! 

RenegAde

He should be the one reaching out,  trying to talk to other people and learn and not everyone reaching out to him like he didn't know what he was saying.

I usually hate cancel culture but his comments were so gross and he doubled down.  There's Google for him, he can learn there . 

I'm not saying people should condemn  him but all these organisations and celebs showing sympathy and trying " to talk " to him could literally be doing this for any other person who is actually more deserving .They are acting like his ignorance is a world issue. 

js4754394o9823

talking with dababy will do nothing but help him get out of this
he'll be as homophobic as he is, but less publicly, more in private
and every time someone would bring up his past, he and his fans will say
"he changed, they helped him be better, buy tour tickets" lol

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Battle 4 Ur Life

ok she is naive tho if she thinks he’ll even care to check said dm’s. 

whatever

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Pennywise

Not people trying to gaslight LGBTQ+ people into "helping" human filth like that and trying to make us look bad for "canceling" them as if it's our ****ing fault that they are grown ****ing men who refuse to act like that. Then again, y'all are enabling it, so... :oprah:

Repeat after me: FIXING :fthis: THESE :yennefer: PEOPLE :dom: INTO :excuseu: BECOMING :triggered: COMPASSIONATE :flop: IS :laughga: NOT :koons: OUR :bear: ****ING :cyanlights: RESPONSIBILITY :lana:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Pennywise
1 minute ago, Pennywise said:

Not people trying to gaslight LGBTQ+ people into "helping" human filth like that and trying to make us look bad for "canceling" them as if it's our ****ing fault that they are grown ****ing men who refuse to act like that. Then again, y'all are enabling it, so... :oprah:

Repeat after me: FIXING :fthis: THESE :yennefer: PEOPLE :dom: INTO :excuseu: BECOMING :triggered: COMPASSIONATE :flop: IS :laughga: NOT :koons: OUR :bear: ****ING :cyanlights: RESPONSIBILITY :lana:

And do NOT come to me with stuff like "then how will we make a kind, compassionate, etc. world???" I truly don't care. I live in a homophobic environment and all of those nice, "kindness" feelings in me have been killed and buried long ago. I neither have the energy nor have the time to change homophobes, and I refuse the "responsibility" of it. Those are the kinds of people who'd gladly watch me die, and I would do the same for them. I do not accept them as human just as they refuse us our human rights. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Roughhouse Dandy

I totally agree that, in his case, it sounds like a lost cause, but I commend her for reaching out. 

It's not our responsibility to educate people about these things, but having kind members of the community volunteer to TRY and be a guiding hand is a great thing. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Archived