💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

BLACKPINK's Jisoo teases disbandment

Werk

Featured Posts

Debithius

But I don't understand why they didn't push Blackpink...they are the most popular girl group right now, period.....like....what?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ororo Munroe
2 minutes ago, Debithius said:

But I don't understand why they didn't push Blackpink...they are the most popular girl group right now, period.....like....what?

their label is just messy, they did the same thing to 2NE1 

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

BUtterfield 8

I mean I highly doubt they’re gonna disband 

they’ll probably stay with YG but take a hiatus 

Debithius
10 hours ago, ororo munroe said:

their label is just messy, they did the same thing to 2NE1 

I know 2NE1 was my favorite group.

PartySick

Good! Groups and bands are boring imo. Maybe I'll be interested in some of their solo work.

🖤

RAMROD
13 hours ago, enissa11 said:

the way these kpop bands are so artificial, it's only cold work for them, i wonder why gaga even accepted to collab with them...

12 hours ago, Aleks said:

I’m not sure she had a say tbh

I’m convinced it was Interscope’s idea so she had AT LEAST one hit secured for the Chromatica era

"Accepted"??

You got it twisted, it was Gaga who personally requested to collabed with them.

You must have missed the press she had on the eve of COMATICA release???

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Aleks
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Even if she didn’t, I doubt she’d be promoting her new album by bashing her label saying they forced her into a collab she didn’t want :laughga:

Remember when she wanted “Venus” as a single but the label had chosen DWUW instead and she rolled with it, saying nothing?

But then again, it was just a thought of mine, I’m no insider or friend of Gaga’s, so I have no clue tbh

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

enissa11
16 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Well I used to view them this way but since becoming a fan I've come to see it in a different way.

They're more like performers in a big movie or theatre production - you wouldn't  call a ballerina fake because she didn't choreograph her routine or an actress manufactured because she didn't write the script.

The reason it's not artificial is because they are not trying to tell their own personal stories. Rather they are part of a large group of artists (songwriters, producers, choreographers, stylists, set designers) who are working together to realise a much grander vision. What would be artificial would be if they claimed writing for songs they didn't write or claimed to have created everything themselves, which Blackpink never have done.

Additionally, while what they do may not fit into most people's idea of what an 'artist' is, the insane amount of time and effort they put into rehearsing everything and making everything absolutely perfect is certainly admirable in and of itself.

you can't compare them this way with theater productions, opera or ballerinas for a lot of reasons.
 first they all are performance artists that even though don't write anything, there's genuine interest for the art, they convey real human and raw emotions on stage and tell stories that are meaningful for them.
Second they're not fuel by a multi millionaire industry backing them in order to mass insane amounts of money worldwide and reach all the ppl they can to consume their product.

I don't claim they're artificial because they don't write their songs, that's not important, and it's also not because they don't write and claim they do, that's straight up lie and being a scam, nothing to do with being artificial.
I think they're artificial because they're in it just for the fame, it's all just a contract, cold work, they are trained since childhood for it, they do what they are told, it's manufactured as if were a product created in a lab for mass consumption,  and it is, you just have to hear the experiences of ex idols in the industry.

They are performers for sure, and they are very talented and work hard, but at the end of the day, the only thing they do is look beautiful to keep seduced their fans while dancing insane choreographies to impress them and singing to something they didn't wrote and that is not meaningful for them either, everything it's very sterile for me.

It's not something exclusive of the kpop industry tho, almost every boyband and girlband in the mainstream is this way too.

Mad Architect of Light

enissa11
4 hours ago, RAMROD said:

"Accepted"??

as far as i know it wasn't gaga the one who wanted it or requested it in the first place, i think it was bloodpop the one who suggested it, not gaga, she just agreed to do it.

Mad Architect of Light

nickkoko

I don't blame them if they want to leave YG. I hope they don't break up though; I know they could do better with proper management and more freedom. I'm down for some solo stuff too, of course.

P0JffionRowQat
3 hours ago, enissa11 said:

they're artificial because they're in it just for the fame, it's all just a contract, cold work, they are trained since childhood for it, they do what they are told, it's manufactured as if were a product created in a lab for mass consumption,  and it is

That sounds like how Hollywood actors are, they follow scripts and the director's way of telling a story.

Also, it's different for the West vs. Asia.  Asian countries were never adamant about requiring artists to write their own music.  Especially Asian singers who generally sing about political songs, those songs were written by someone else.  Any Asian artists or idols who want to write their own music, these artists tend to be more western influenced in their beliefs.

Although, these days, there are more and more idols writing their own music.  Jennie, Jisoo, Rose, and Lisa are beginning to write some music now, and they get credits in some songs.  Somi has credit writing in her last 2 songs.  Stray Kids, Got7, Big Bang, iKon, AkMu, Ateez, RV, G-Idle, to name a few, are the groups that write and produce their own music.

enissa11
4 minutes ago, P0JffionRowQat said:

That sounds like how Hollywood actors are, they follow scripts and the director's way of telling a story.

Also, it's different for the West vs. Asia.  Asian countries were never adamant about requiring artists to write their own music.  Especially Asian singers who generally sing about political songs, those songs tend to be written by someone else.  Any Asian artists or idols who want to write their own music, these artists tend to be more western influenced in their beliefs.

Although, these days, there are more and more idols writing their own music.  Jennie, Jisoo, Rose, and Lisa are beginning to write some music now, and they get credits in some songs.  Somi has credit writing in her last 2 songs.  Stray Kids, Big Bang, iKon, AkMu, Ateez, G-Idle, to name a few, are the groups that write and produce their own music.

of course just like the theater, ballerinas and opera, actors are also performance artists, it's not the same as idols, because they have a lot of different narratives and ways of tell stories and convey real and raw human emotion, it all depents in the type of movie of course, and as much as the director and writers tell them what to say and what to do, they are the ones that end up recreating the characters in their own way, the director have to decide if it work or not. in acting there's no archetype. Idols tho, they have a clear archetype and they rarely step outside it, it's always the same role to play or little variants.

And yes, as i said before, if they write or not it's meaningless, at the end it's the same vision and the same aiming, so who cares who wrote anything? that was never the point of my criticism, artists like Madonna didn't write most of their stuff in they early career, yet they have a vision and knew what they wanted to say and how to say it, artists are made by their perspective and vision.

Mad Architect of Light

P0JffionRowQat
17 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

And yes, as i said before, if they write or not it's meaningless, at the end it's the same vision and the same aiming, so who cares who wrote anything? that was never the point of my criticism, artists like Madonna didn't write most of their stuff in they early career, yet they have a vision and knew what they wanted to say and how to say it, artists are made by their perspective and vision.

Not when you said this "the director have to decide if it work or not", that's when the director is the deciding factor.

Like I said, Asia and the West is different.  You can't expect to use western standard and apply it to Asian music industries.  Most people in Asia don't believe in the Western's ideals of doing things.

Another thing is, Kpop companies are smart, they know when the idols are getting big and too powerful, the companies don't re-sign those idols.  Take Got7 for example, after 7 years they end the contracts.  Probably will be the same for Blackpink.

In the west, artists and actors who have a say in the decisions tend to be big artists or big actors like Madonna, Taylor, or A-List stars in Hollywood like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Scarlett-Jo, etc.  Not the new and inexperienced actors or new artists, that's why you don't see Asians making decisions in Hollywood because they're new and inexperienced, and aren't allowed to, or no ones listen to them.  

In Kpop, the companies usually end the contracts after 7 years, so the idols tend to be new and young, and inexperienced to making any decisions.  Artists that know a lot stuff in the industry, like Got7, don't get to re-sign.  
That's why we cannot expect Kpop idols to have the same experience in the creative process as the Western artists, due to the age difference.  People like Madonna, J-Lo, are either older or have at least 15 years of experience in the industry.  How can you expect 18 year old idols who just debut in a group to have the same experience in the industry.

So it's not really the idols' fault, we can't blame them.  It's how the Kpop system is set up, the companies choose to work with very young and inexperienced idols, in a way to take advantage.  When idols get smarter and older, and wiser, and more experienced like Got7, they don't get to re-sign.  

BillieGOAT
21 hours ago, Aleks said:

I’m not sure she had a say tbh

I’m convinced it was Interscope’s idea so she had AT LEAST one hit secured for the Chromatica era

I think people overestimate the control labels exercise over artists as big as Gaga.. She would never accept being forced into a collab. It may have been Interscope’s idea but she definitely had to have signed off on the idea. 

Archived