Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Beyoncé’s mom accused Disney of racism then changed mind

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Joaco95

I mean, homecoming lost againts ****ing karaoke carpool on the emmy for direction, explain that ****

Anyways cant believe some of you giving the "they blame it to racism" thing but this is ggd after all and the beyonces hate bandwagon stays the same :lolly:

Also you all are always like "omg how gaga did not won" or get mad when she doesnt get any nominations for her work 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Midnightrush891

I think she released this on the wrong platform. Disney+ isn’t for what she’s was releasing, Netflix, Hulu, hell even peacock or Roku would have been better. 

RAMROD

It was released when D+ was still limited worldwide. It was literally only the US and a handful of European countries, so, although sad to see, that certainly affects the viewership counts.

Disney have promoted that decently. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ItWasntLaauv

Disney promoted tf out of it, also Beyoncé literally has over a billion dollars so she could promote it more if she felt it needed more promotion lol.

freebit

Whether people agree with her or not, it's too bad she felt the need to censor how she feels on her own socials. 

I think Black is King was robbed of Emmy nominations. Emmy's seem kind of snobby and insular though. I remember when Gaga and Tony's special was up for a nomination for Best Variety Special, and SNL won yet again, I remember reading on the awards sites that SNL was always going to win, it's like there's too many people involved in SNL for anything else to win.

16 minutes ago, Midnightrush891 said:

I think she released this on the wrong platform. Disney+ isn’t for what she’s was releasing, Netflix, Hulu, hell even peacock or Roku would have been better. 

This. I think it would have done better if it was animated or kid friendly, but it was very high brow and auteur-y and appealed more to adults. Disney+ is where everyone goes when their kid is driving them crazy (or to watch crowd pleasing populist Marvel stuff). Netflix and HBO is definitely the best fit for Beyonce concerts and films.

SevenWonder

Do we live in the same US? Beyonce is the single most lauded, awarded, and hyped performer in the country. And it's not even close. Much of it is deserved.

And racism IS, obviously, a huge issue. 

But not with Beyonce. 

If the project didn't do well it's because she didn't promote it or the GP just didn't respond to it. 

Guillaume Hamon

It was a big event and impossible to miss + actually promoted a lot so why is she acting as if it was sabotaged?

If anything it's more Beyoncé who minimized the promo.

Why doesn't she focus on the weird awards snubs since the promotion budget was big ? Why doesn't she also call out actual sabotages of black artists ? It's not as if there was no examples. :/

Oriane
6 hours ago, HausOfARTPOPII said:

i mean tina is right disney is racist but also Beyonce is the queen of self sabotage with the lack of any kind of promotion for alot of her recent projects cough lemonade cough so yeah 

I don't know much about Beyoncé and haven't listened to her albums but I know I heard a lot about Lemonade, so it didn't seem to affect the success of the album that much.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

ANTI WP
2 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

Wtf are you talking about?

Both Adele and Taylor got grammy's album of the year twice for pretty basic pop albums along with main categories grammys meanwhile beyonce keep winning just on the r&b/urban categories

Maybe because they involved in the writing & producing session of their album not just writing your "writing credits"

OT : I remember seeing BIK's banner on my TV's patchwall atleast for a month ... it did received a lot of promo ... they need to stop pulling the race card 

The visual for BIK is stunning tho 😍

PussOfYonce
50 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I don't know much about Beyoncé and haven't listened to her albums but I know I heard a lot about Lemonade, so it didn't seem to affect the success of the album that much.

it didn't it sold just fine, streaming numbers were hampered cause it was a tidal exclusive though

29 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

Maybe because they involved in the writing & producing session of their album not just writing your "writing credits"

she was and is involved in the writing and producing sessions of her projects, alot of samples are used though thats why so many people are credited, that large number of people credited in the creation of the album is where the "beyonce has other people make her albums" myth come from, yeah she records songs that people send her but she rarely uses them + shes a notorious perfectionist :trollga:

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

berlinforme
3 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

I mean, homecoming lost againts ****ing karaoke carpool on the emmy for direction, explain that ****

Anyways cant believe some of you giving the "they blame it to racism" thing but this is ggd after all and the beyonces hate bandwagon stays the same :lolly:

Also you all are always like "omg how gaga did not won" or get mad when she doesnt get any nominations for her work 

People on Gagadaily having pro-Gaga bias?
 Shocked Jaw Drop GIF

I think with Beyoncé (and other artists as well) it's that on here you have fans, haters and people who don't care at all. You obviously don't have that same situation with Gaga because it's a fansite of hers. So of course there's always gonna be some bias in comparison. 
Nonetheless let's not act like this site kisses her a** all the time, I'd say we're her biggest critics here as well. Do you remember an album called "Joanne"?

PussOfYonce
8 hours ago, Teletubby said:

if Beyonce would care more about this project she could make some interviews but she only did one for GMA

8 hours ago, boyerased said:

Let’s be honest, part of this is her marketing strategy of not promoting anything to preserve the godlike image not working. Still, it doesn’t take away from the art. 

she definitely cares, though the not doing interviews is more to not get grilled the living **** out of you like it had happened so much pre-lemonade

7 hours ago, River said:

Black Is King is 100% for Beyonce's fans as well and not everybody is her fan.

it was 100% catered to fans and black people/african people, that was the whole purpose of the project to cater to them

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

ANTI WP
3 hours ago, HausOfARTPOPII said:

shes a notorious perfectionist 

I can agree to this part 

I still do thing she gets the writing credits only because of her vocal writings ( adlibs and sh#ts )  not because of her pen game 

Teletubby
7 hours ago, freebit said:

Whether people agree with her or not, it's too bad she felt the need to censor how she feels on her own socials. 

Beyonce reportedly signed $100M deal with Disney for 3 projects, so maybe it was someone from her team who asked her to change it, you don't bite the hand that feeds you ...

also Disney promoted it a lot but it was more like visual album with music that Beyonce released one year earlier on soundrack The Lion King: The Gift than movie
she had really big budget 
E6MpRW0WEAYFsa0?format=jpg&name=large

her mother shouldn't complain

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Archived