💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Beyoncé’s mom accused Disney of racism then changed mind

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Tina Knowles-Lawson is calling out Disney+ “with love” for not promoting “Black Is King” adequately.

After sharing a small clip of it, Knowles gave praise to her eldest daughter’s project and even encouraged those who have not seen it yet to go and watch. She said
'Everything about it was stellar And was watched and praised by millions. I cannot help but wonder if a white man had made it would it not have been promoted the hell out of, and nominated for all kinds of awards. Could it have something to do with the title Black Is King Is that why Disney did not promote it?????? Yes, I said it!!! With love.'

222990508_130187729296036_72326609132076
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSCPjvyria0/

It looks like she had a change her mind and came back to her Instagram and changed her entire caption to “I year aniversary Black is King watch on Disney + @thirdwardthrills.” https://www.instagram.com/p/CSAQI3vHISL/

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

I didnt get to see it so i dont know if its being snubbed or not and if it is if the content is the reason or not

But i dont feel sorry for Beyonce across the board. When it comes to winning eccessive praise and awards for taking a fart shes literally the it girl for that. Even Gaga and Adele and Taylor Swift cant match her

I can sympathize for the black community as a whole if they hoped it would have a bigger impact but i dont feel sorry that Beyonce didnt get an award for it or lots of nominations cuz its Beyonce :triggered:

Teletubby
6 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

She didn't lie. :shrug:

it had a lot of promo on Disney, YouTube ads, was on billboards, during the NBA games, ESPN ....
if Beyonce would care more about this project she could make some interviews but she only did one for GMA

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

boyerased

Let’s be honest, part of this is her marketing strategy of not promoting anything to preserve the godlike image not working. Still, it doesn’t take away from the art. 

gypsy101

i agree with Tina tbh, it should have received many emmy nominations this year and yet received zero. something lame happened with the FYC it seems

HotLikeMexico

It’s on Disney+ , its already a niche market as is of either Disney, Marvel and Star Wars fans among a few things. Not everyone has Disney+. And not everyone on Disney+ is a Beyoncé fan. So that right there loses her some views if that’s what she’s getting at. 

She should’ve just gone the Netflix route and released it there. I just don’t think she released it on the right platform. 

codymonster

I can only speak from my perspective, and maybe there are other factors I’m not aware of, but I remember the main page of Disney+ had Black is King as the main banner for a large chunk of time.

PussOfYonce

i mean tina is right disney is racist but also Beyonce is the queen of self sabotage with the lack of any kind of promotion for alot of her recent projects cough lemonade cough so yeah 

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

River

It was basically the first original content and was promoted that way, it was everywhere :shrug:

I think this kind of content is just not fitting Dinsey+ or Netflix, it's more fitting Youtube, the GP is just not going to spend their time on a long music video, Black Is King is 100% for Beyonce's fans as well and not everybody is her fan.

Also it was associated to the Lion King live action and this movie is pretty much hated, I think it had to be promoted as a piece of art of it's own.

It's sad actually because I really love it.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

NichuuB

I've watched it illegally on the internet:hor: Am I doing my part?

Property of @Whale

Fresco

I agree with her about the horrible title. I doubt anyone would be expected to release something called White is King for wide release to gp non-supremicists. so why should they for Black is King. 

1 hour ago, Economy said:

I didnt get to see it so i dont know if its being snubbed or not and if it is if the content is the reason or not

But i dont feel sorry for Beyonce across the board. When it comes to winning eccessive praise and awards for taking a fart shes literally the it girl for that. Even Gaga and Adele and Taylor Swift cant match her

I can sympathize for the black community as a whole if they hoped it would have a bigger impact but i dont feel sorry that Beyonce didnt get an award for it or lots of nominations cuz its Beyonce :triggered:

why do so many gaga fans specifically have a problem with they hype surrounding beyonce? if it were gaga, you wouldn’t care. beyonce certainly has the talent to justify her adoration, so i fail to see the issue. you don’t care that critics & award committees could be overlooking her art simply because she already has so many awards? what kind of weird logic...& anyway, there’s certainly excessive amounts of hype for anything gaga or taylor do if we’re honest. to be even more honest, a lot of gaga’s live performances have been pretty cringe, yet people still love them.

5 minutes ago, Fresco said:

I agree with her about the horrible title. I doubt anyone would be expected to release something called White is King for wide release to gp non-supremicists. so why should they for Black is King. 

ew this was very “all lives matter” of you. 

Runway

People loved hamilton on disney+ and was very successful there while only  3% of its suscribers cared to watch Beyonces movie

Archived