💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Beyoncé’s mom accused Disney of racism then changed mind

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Gagas lil monster
11 hours ago, NicoB said:

I've watched it illegally on the internet:hor: Am I doing my part?

car chase police GIF

With Peace and love

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ziggy
13 hours ago, Economy said:

I didnt get to see it so i dont know if its being snubbed or not and if it is if the content is the reason or not

But i dont feel sorry for Beyonce across the board. When it comes to winning eccessive praise and awards for taking a fart shes literally the it girl for that. Even Gaga and Adele and Taylor Swift cant match her

I can sympathize for the black community as a whole if they hoped it would have a bigger impact but i dont feel sorry that Beyonce didnt get an award for it or lots of nominations cuz its Beyonce :triggered:

There are a few head scratching snubs tbh like costuming. It’s REALLY weird BiK did not get costuming noms because from any objective metric they were incredibly crafted both for Beyoncé and dancers alike. Hairstyling as well. So there’s something odd there that I don’t really get. I agree on the whole with you, but there’s something peculiar about getting shut out across the board for BiK given what it actually is and does.

Helxig

Disney called her and threatened to have her and her family murdered so she deleted :gum:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

The Child
11 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm so confused. If I remember rightly, this got a lot of promo, it was the most talked about piece of media for a while. This is a film for an album that flopped, an album that only Beyonce's superfans know and care about and judging by the sales, even a lot of them didn't buy it. It's a miracle that such a project got any kind of traction based on that album's performance. It was nominated for 6 Grammys and won 2 in a year when Beyonce hadn't put out any new music. Seeing as she's a singer, it's music-based awards that she should be striving for the most. It got nominated quite well for other awards and won as well. The various awards committees have different tastes and aren't all moved by the same thing. No one should ever feel entitled to awards. Her last 2 studio albums worked with this lack of promo thing she has going on but her collab album with Jay proved this wasn't going to be a hat trick. And The Gift proved this was certainly not a trick you could pull off 4 times. I think she's having difficulty facing up to the reality that the fans and public are tiring of her lack of promo, refusal to do interviews, sudden drops of a project without warning yet expecting everyone to snap to it and purchase it blindly. The world wants a relatable, accessible star and in Beyonce's case, they definitely want solo studio albums, no collabs with artists they don't like and no irrelevant soundtrack albums. Literally nobody was asking for this film, but it got critical acclaim and some awards. Beyonce and her entire team should be grateful, all things considered.

Beyoncé (2013) & Lemonade (2016) did really well. The problem is that she stopped experimenting with music. Both Self-titled & Lemonade had interesting music with great visuals. The Jay Z album and the Gift album don’t really bring anything new to the table and nothing experimental. That’s why the GP is not interested in her. It’s a combination of many factors. Disney + was the wrong platform for this. Homecoming did way better on Netflix. Beyoncé needs to do more promo and she needs to make fresh music.

EDIT: most important of all, The Gift album was released physically, that was a HUGE mistake.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

River
7 hours ago, HausOfARTPOPII said:

it was 100% catered to fans and black people/african people, that was the whole purpose of the project to cater to them

Disney+ is still not available in Africa :saladga:

While Netflix is available in 54 African countries.

I would expect a big release of the movie while releasing the service in the continent, like really giving a beautiful gift to them.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

StrawberryBlond
2 hours ago, The Child said:

Beyoncé (2013) & Lemonade (2016) did really well. The problem is that she stopped experimenting with music. Both Self-titled & Lemonade had interesting music with great visuals. The Jay Z album and the Gift album don’t really bring anything new to the table and nothing experimental. That’s why the GP is not interested in her. It’s a combination of many factors. Disney + was the wrong platform for this. Homecoming did way better on Netflix. Beyoncé needs to do more promo and she needs to make fresh music.

EDIT: most important of all, The Gift album was released physically, that was a HUGE mistake.

I don't know, to me, Everything Is Love and The Gift sound quite experimental. For the most part, I didn't really understand a lot of what she was going on about in EIL (a lot of modern rap albums that try to be avant garde are lost on me, admittedly) and it wasn't clear what the point of The Gift was, with BIK making it clearer. An accompaniment to the official Lion King soundtrack with the same story with its own additional movie a year later (when the world had already moved on from it) was a bizarre idea and I think it all came down to Beyonce and her entire team believing her own hype. I hope this is the point where she realises it's time to go back down the old route of solo studio albums with traditional rollouts (1-2 singles pre-album, album cover, tracklist and release date released well in advance, videos released for singles only) if she wants to stand any chance of coming back successfully. She's had many glory years as a soloist but she's in her 40's now and, as wild as it is to say, her last US #1 single was nearly 12 years ago. She needs to be seen again, her speaking voice needs to be heard again, she needs to drop the goddess image and get relatable. The Beyonce of old who's this untouchable entity can't survive in this modern music landscape.

NCgaga

I remember seeing the promotion and the Banner on Disney plus and thinking, damn I wish Gaga could do a project and get promoted like this. 

Space Cowboy

Oh whatever. Get over it! you didn’t sweep award season like Gaga that year and that’s not because of the color of your skin. My gosh.

The minute Beyoncé is not praised it makes a few people lose their minds. Hello, Beyoncé is not the God of music and never will be. She's the type of artist that copies and paste million different things then puts it together with a bow

NCgaga
2 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

The minute Beyoncé is not praised it makes a few people lose their minds. Hello, Beyoncé is not the God of music and never will be. She's the type of artist that copies and paste million different things then puts it together with a bow

True. But so does Gaga To an extent honestlY. They take the best of the most successful artists of the past and combine them to make Their brand. But at least they have the talent to back it up. I agree though, Beyonce is literally the most awarded female of all time when it comes to Grammys- yet as soon as one of her art pieces isn’t as recognized, it’s because she is black. I can’t. 

gypsy101
19 hours ago, NicoB said:

I've watched it illegally on the internet:hor: Am I doing my part?

no

BlingNotTheMusic
18 hours ago, zakariah said:

it’s simply getting repetitive tbh, like i get the whole ‘embracing your culture’ thing but i miss when she was more experimental with her music

Honestly this and I'm a huge B fan. Grew up with her in Destiny's Child and followed her career, LOVE Beyonce (album) and Lemonade. EVERYTHING IS LOVE was....cute. APESHIT is an awesome song but other than that...that project was kinda boring. Then The Gift, Black is King, idk all of it was like ok we get it, what else you got in store? Let's dance again Beyonce...

The Child
23 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I don't know, to me, Everything Is Love and The Gift sound quite experimental. For the most part, I didn't really understand a lot of what she was going on about in EIL (a lot of modern rap albums that try to be avant garde are lost on me, admittedly) and it wasn't clear what the point of The Gift was, with BIK making it clearer. An accompaniment to the official Lion King soundtrack with the same story with its own additional movie a year later (when the world had already moved on from it) was a bizarre idea and I think it all came down to Beyonce and her entire team believing her own hype. I hope this is the point where she realises it's time to go back down the old route of solo studio albums with traditional rollouts (1-2 singles pre-album, album cover, tracklist and release date released well in advance, videos released for singles only) if she wants to stand any chance of coming back successfully. She's had many glory years as a soloist but she's in her 40's now and, as wild as it is to say, her last US #1 single was nearly 12 years ago. She needs to be seen again, her speaking voice needs to be heard again, she needs to drop the goddess image and get relatable. The Beyonce of old who's this untouchable entity can't survive in this modern music landscape.

I am so glad Gaga dropped the whole mysterious thing she had on going on in the early years and she became relatable. Beyoncé needs to do this, people wanna see her, hear her, they wanna see her interact with fans, she needs to do Instagram lives, we need to see her being a mom, being a woman, going out etc .. if she keeps this god like image she has people will move on to someone else.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived