💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Perfect Illusion crosses 180M Spotify streams

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

Top 15 indie hit, Perfect Illusion, has officially crossed 180 million streams on Spotify! :tony: :vegas: 

The song does a bit over 1 million streams per month, so expect the song to reach 200 million streams within the next 18 to 20 months. :giveup: 
Give it a stream while you’re here:

InTheCloset

I love this song. Idk why it gets so much hate. This was released a week before my mcat. And it was going through my head throughout the test giving me an adrenaline rush and i aced it

The abyss stares back

Agunimon
33 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

I love this song. Idk why it gets so much hate. This was released a week before my mcat. And it was going through my head throughout the test giving me an adrenaline rush and i aced it

I agree, but the reason it gets so much hate is because it is pop music with rock influence from an artist who established herself prior as a pop artist with various roots of electronic music influence and a predominant fanbase who, at the time, didn't seem to explore other music genres outside of that specific sound. If she released this song today, I really think it would have been way better received by both her fanbase, and the GP. I hope she returns to this sound for her follow up to Chromatica and releases an album exploring this and similar sounds.

In my opinion, this is one of her best songs and should have been her biggest hit. Especially with all the people who say that her voice is perfect for rock, as she showcased when she sang lead vocals (:ally:) with Metallica as her backup band... granted Moth Into Flame is metal.

SEANGT
5 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I agree, but the reason it gets so much hate is because it is pop music with rock influence from an artist who established herself prior as a pop artist with various roots of electronic music influence and a predominant fanbase who, at the time, didn't seem to explore other music genres outside of that specific sound. If she released this song today, I really think it would have been way better received by both her fanbase, and the GP. I hope she returns to this sound for her follow up to Chromatica and releases an album exploring this and similar sounds.

In my opinion, this is one of her best songs and should have been her biggest hit. Especially with all the people who say that her voice is perfect for rock, as she showcased when she sang lead vocals (:ally:) with Metallica as her backup band... granted Moth Into Flame is metal.

idk, Born This Way is a fan favorite and it's full of rock influences! I think the message of the song just isn't that strong. 

Agunimon
Just now, SEANGT said:

idk, Born This Way is a fan favorite and it's full of rock influences! I think the message of the song just isn't that strong. 

That is true. But it's also heavily influenced with electronic music as well at a time of surgence for synthpop entering the mainstream, and Perfect Illusion doesn't really have that. Fernando's production is very layered compared to Mark's. Born This Way was released when she was at her peak in GP popularity. Whereas Perfect Illusion was her follow up to a messy era full of media scrutiny and comparisons.

Delulu Rogers
54 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

It’s because she’s screaming the same 2 lines throughout 90% of the song. The verses and beat are amazing but the way she sings the chorus is a turn off. Even she couldn’t handle it on the JWT

PartySick

It should have been performed at the SBHTS :oops: it's a stadium crasher :oops:

Easily in my personal top 5 for Gaga :tony:

🖤

Archived