Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will House Of Gucci be as successful as ASIB?

DontCallMeAlice

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

I don't think so. Earlier on, I thought it had potential to be bigger, but I think as of now, I'm not really seeing it. I think it'll be a very big awards contender and I 100% think she'll get a Best Actress nomination, but I don't think it'll do better than ASIB, honestly both commercially and critically.

Commercially, it's definitely not doing better than ASIB, but that's because of the pandemic. Under normal circumstances, I still don't think it'd achieve the same numbers as ASIB, but it still would've done pretty well. 

Critically, I think it could do well, but I also think it has the potential to be divisive. The accents and the "campiness" of it all may turn some people off. I personally don't see how this movie is "campy" at all, but I guess a lot of people do.

🃏🖤👹

HookerOnAChurch

It will be very successful but i can't see it become as big as ASIB.. That movie is in the history of modern cinema. 

RichAssPiss

Nothing will match in 2020 what movies were three years ago because box office isn't what it was pre-pandemic.

Tinnitus15
55 minutes ago, Economy said:

I wonder what theyll have to say of Gagas Russian-Italian accent hybrid tho :flop:

Lots of Italian radios and news articles praised her Italian accents and native Italians said she’s doing amazing with the accent 

Economy
7 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

No. Part of what made ASIB so successful was the soundtrack and the longevity of Shallow. Also, that film was a love story that appealed to general audiences. It was basically intended to be this huge cultural phenomenon (and I’m so glad it was!).

With HOG, the dynamics are a lot more different. It’s a crime-drama but clearly it has an AMAZING ensemble cast, so at least we know it’s going to be very high-profile. I love the fact that the movie already solidifies Gaga as a respectable actress since she’s the LEAD actor among so many greats + Ridley Scott.

I hope it’s very successful at the box office, but the pandemic will obviously effect its performance... Nonetheless, it probably will be THE film of the year aside from animated/comedy/superhero films. And we all know it’s going to get Oscar buzz.

Well Shallow took off more after the movie and oscars actually. For the longest time it struggled to stay even in top 20. I dont think the track made the movie big... rather the movie made the track big

The rest u said i agree with. The dynamics and circumstances of the movie and Gagas big breakout acting role with Bradley Cooper in a love story got a lot of attention

This movie doesnt have those factors plus add the pandemic

djBuffoon

Given the cast and pedigree, the movie will probably do okay financially. Let's just hope that it is well-received and that it further improves her standing as an actress.

CannaeDrive

It doesn't matter as long as Gaga gets her second Academy Award Win, at least for me.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

River

well.. if it's not coming to Disney+ or Netflix, who will watch it at the cinema?:bear:

Covid literally became like Loki and everyday a new variant is born

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived