music news

Ava Max opening for Maroon 5 on tour

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chic

I love you Ava but not enough to buy Maroon 5 tickets just to see your set and leave immediately after

3 hours ago, GagaUnderYou said:

I think she’s big enough to at least have a mini tour at like bars/clubs. She would make a pretty sick “Heaven & Hell World Tour”. She has more than enough songs to do a tour and her songs probably get more streaming that M5 right now!

This is just a support slot at 4 dates, not a tour. And this a rescheduled tour, not a brand new tour. Ava's would be a new tour entirely and would need to get back of the line. Even the most established artists are on a waiting list.

49 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

She can open for whoever she wants. It’s just surprising she’s opening for another artist 3 YEARS after her debut single when she should be headlining her own shows. Even if she has to do smaller venues. 

She has a 5 tour deal with Live Nation Concerts, who are also producing the Maroon 5 tour in-house and likely using it as a warmup for her own debut tour.

Hades
1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

She can open for whoever she wants. It’s just surprising she’s opening for another artist 3 YEARS after her debut single when she should be headlining her own shows. Even if she has to do smaller venues. 

Well that's true. We don't know who made that decision though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Hades said:

Well that's true. We don't know who made that decision though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Live Nation Concerts, who Ava is signed to for touring in a joint deal with Atlantic Records. Unfortunately, LNC still need to finish this poorly received tour, and adding Ava Max and Blackbear will help shift some of the stadium tour tickets, which are like $20 anyway.

Teletubby

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

GagaUnderYou
On 8/2/2021 at 3:09 PM, Passle said:

This is just a support slot at 4 dates, not a tour. And this a rescheduled tour, not a brand new tour. Ava's would be a new tour entirely and would need to get back of the line. Even the most established artists are on a waiting list.

I just hope it isn't in replacement for her tour and it gets a proper tour treatment. 

MadreMonster

I’d buy tickets just to see her open and then leave :huntyga: nosebleed tickets of course

18 hours ago, GagaUnderYou said:

I just hope it isn't in replacement for her tour and it gets a proper tour treatment. 

Well no, it's a support slot and 4 dates...

Archived