Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Matt Damon says he just recently stopped using the homophobic f-word slur

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Matt Damon says he just recently stopped using the homophobic f-word slur 

He says he put the f-word away for good in recent months, explaining he didn't think of it much as a slur when he was growing up,
"The word that my daughter calls the 'f-slur for a homosexual' was commonly used when I was a kid, with a different application."

He goes on to say that he made a joke using the word in front of one of his 3 daughters, -- who range in age between 10 and 15 -- and they actually protested his usage of it.

Matt Damon says, "She left the table. I said, 'Come on, that’s a joke! I say it in the movie Stuck on You!' She went to her room and wrote a very long, beautiful treatise on how that word is dangerous. I said, 'I retire the f-slur!' I understood."

source  source

@Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal storm cloud🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JgHaus78

Yes and past generations thought segregation was a good idea too and it was normalized. Growth is key, good for him I guess 🙃🙃🙃

Debithius

Has he been living under a rock?

What a fvcking joke, he probably knew what it meant but didn't care until somebody called him out on it. Admitting that you haven't used the F word for a few months doesn't make you seem woke, it makes you look like an ignorant fvck.

InTheCloset

of course he did. another reason to cancel him. if anyone dont remembers this is what he had to say about the harvey weinstein situation

“I knew I wouldn’t want him married to anyone close to me.”

“But that was the extent of what we knew. I mean, and that wasn’t a surprise to anybody. So when you hear Harvey this, Harvey that — I mean, look at the guy. Of course he’s a womanizer,” 

and yep i googled it. i am petty

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset
2 minutes ago, Debithius said:

Has he been living under a rock?

he is the most basic white man who enjoys privilege. what did we expect of him:ohwell:

The abyss stares back

Shipper

Good for his daughter for educating her parent!

:applause:

I mean, we need more children standing up for what they believe in like this. There is a divide amongst the generations and i think we can learn a lot by sitting down and listening to each other. Not all parents will change because their child asks them to. Racial slurs and behaviors are learned and most come from families. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Not The Real Gaga

I mean nobody is perfect... I am glad he's changing himself. I think we should support that, instead of dragging him.

Edit: I personally couldn't care less whether somebody uses this slur for a joke, but I know others do, hence the above.

artdoll

okay? does he want an award or something? seems like a strange thing to bring up, in recent months means still 2021, people know very well that it's a slur so he was willingly using it knowing well it was a slur lol, congrats?

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。

Not The Real Gaga
2 minutes ago, artdoll said:

okay? does he want an award or something? seems like a strange thing to bring up, in recent months means still 2021, people know very well that it's a slur so he was willingly using it knowing well it was a slur lol, congrats?

It's still a step forward. What's the point of complaining when somebody is actually doing something right in the eyes of many?

artdoll
1 minute ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

It's still a step forward. What's the point of complaining when somebody is actually doing something right in the eyes of many?

I mean, I understand, it's obvious it's a step forward and I applaud that and especially his daughter for calling him out, but my point is that there's no way he didn't know it was slur within recent months of him using it, it reminds me of the ceo of Papa John's (if I remember correctly) talking about how he stopped using the n-word so much, like, okay? you shouldn't have been using it in the first place... :wtfga:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。

badfaith

Educate not hate. But cmon, where was he for the past 10 years? No one ever corrected him or has he not ever encountered this online? :triggered: But good on his daughter for teaching his father, cause sometimes these childhood learnings really do last and we either gotta unlearn them on our own, or wait for others to show up and call us out.

ItWasntLaauv

Nobody’s perfect, I’m sure we all still say stuff that’s offensive in one way or another for jokes and whatnot or have ideas that don’t match up perfectly with what is expected in society. It’s cool that his daughters had that effect on him to be more conscious about the things he says.

Archived