Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Eilish slammed for Israel video

Bambino

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, Replay said:

Kids really spend way too much time on the internet. 

I know, it’s wild how many people aren’t aware of how serious the Palestine crisis has become, or that are too preoccupied to pay attention to dying children.

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaLuna

She's either extremely uninformed or she just doesn't care. Does she know nothing about the Israel/Palestine conflict? 

I do think cancel culture is hell bent on destroying Billie's career for some reason, seems like there's a new "scandal" every week, but this? You can't in good conscience give that country a shout out if you know anything about what its government is doing.

Pennywise
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

That one was a miss for me but I think it's just because I'm bored with her usual vocal delivery now :enigma: she actually sings at the end of HTE and I stan that :applause:

Okay so I listened to the album (:fatcat:) and I get what you mean. My absolute fave is Billie Bossa Nova though :vegas:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Joshie S

billie herself wouldn't have even written that so basically they are arguing with her publicist, ok:enigma:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Helxig

Jeeeeeeesus Christ! She probably sat down in a room and read  150 pre-written greetings to promote her album. What the f.uck is WRONG with people? And can't she make a simple mistake? Not everyone should be expected to know about the ins and outs of every single social issue around the entire planet? I can't :saladga:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Mister Gaga
4 hours ago, LaLuna said:

You can't in good conscience give that country a shout out if you know anything about what its government is doing.

Do you think that billie giving a shout out to israel's population about her album coming out, somehow, makes billie a supporter of israel's defence forces?

PartySick
1 hour ago, Mister Gaga said:

Do you think that billie giving a shout out to israel's population about her album coming out, somehow, makes billie a supporter of israel's defence forces?

This is what's tripping me up about some of the stances in this thread. Not everything is so black or white and these are some WILD conclusions/accusations to leap to over something so, honestly, insignificant.

Like, did she make a video for Russia? Does that mean she supports their homophobic laws and Putin murdering reporters and political enemies?

Did she make one for China? Does that mean she supports the genocide of the Uyghur people? How about their oppressive regime and abuse of their own citizens? And their shady handling of the Covid-19 pandemic?

She promotes her music in the US all the time, does that mean she supports 200+ years of racism and sexism? Violence? Imperialism? Global intervention? War mongering? Queer bashing laws? How about Trumpism? Is she an anti-vaxxer? A covid denier?

Again, it would be lovely if she and other mainstream artists used their platforms to push a boycott on the Israeli market in support of a peaceful solution with Palestine. But it's absolutely insane to say not doing so means she supports genocide and that by not finding an issue with a short promo video, her fans and others either have a disregard for human life or they directly support genocide too. It's literally crazy to jump to that massive, extreme, and malicious of a conclusion over...that :air:

With that said, I think this thread has run its course, I don't want to see the topic mocked anymore as I feel it's inappropriate.

🖤

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived